Transfer reservation

Leigh1971

Is it possible to transfer your reservation from one TA to another TA? It looks like I might be able to get a better deal from a different company. I have cruised before (Diamond on RCI) but I think I have is d this TA for the last time when I see better deals elsewhere. Thanks!

Is it possible to transfer your reservation from one TA to another TA? It looks like I might be able to get a better deal from a different company. I have cruised before (Diamond on RCI) but I think I have is d this TA for the last time when I see better deals elsewhere. Thanks!

Not knowing the rules of your cruise line, I'm guessing that the TA who currently holds the booking would have to agree to lose it.

Original TA must release the booking so it may be moved to another TA

They don't have to do this at all since they did nothing wrong .

See if they will match any offer otherwise be a shopper next time .

Edited by MCC retired

Call the Cruise Line.

This does not only vary by cruise line but rules change from time to time.

For example, the cruise line I sail often just revised their rules starting with bookings made on 4/1/16 or thereafter.

Just get the information from the source.

Even how you intimate the transfer varies.

Keith

Why not [politely] tell your TA that a friend, who will be on the same cruise as you, booked a lower fare for an identical accommodation and can they at least match it? If the answer is no tell your TA of your disappointment and say lesson learned but for your next cruise or vacation you will be calling your friends travel agency and not theirs. Thank them, say goodbye and hang up. You might [within the next few days] get a call back with some magical discount your TA just found. Couldn't hurt, give it a try. If you do get an 'adjusted price' (hope so) I would change travel agencies for any other travel in your future.

I recently dug up a savings on an upcoming cruise that my TA actually missed (she's very good and digging up little price saving morsels even after the trip is booked). I'll guaranty you that she immediately passed on the savings offered by the cruise line we'd booked to her other booked clients and made adjustment where possible. TA's can't scour all last minute special offers popped up by the cruise industry but the good ones are thankful when a client points one out. It's just good business sense.