Alcohol free wine on board?

knippsel

Does anyone recall seeing any of the alcohol free "wines" (Ariel, Fre, etc.) available on board the Princess ships? We have a cruise on the Grand coming up and, sadly, alcohol is temporarily off limits. So we're exploring other options. Most of the mocktails might not go so well with dinner! Suggestions welcome.

Does anyone recall seeing any of the alcohol free "wines" (Ariel, Fre, etc.) available on board the Princess ships? We have a cruise on the Grand coming up and, sadly, alcohol is temporarily off limits. So we're exploring other options. Most of the mocktails might not go so well with dinner! Suggestions welcome.

I never seen alcohol free wines on the ship. Call Princess and ask.

Tony

Since there is no alcohol in it, there is no limit to the number of bottles you can bring on board as there will be no corkage charge on any of them.

Hopefully someone can confirm that, because I would think that even if there is no alcohol in the wine the bottle looks like wine, tastes like wine, and probably says "wine" on the bottle - so the servers and staff may still err on the side of caution and charge it.

Corkage or BYOB fees per glass in a traditional restaurant on land are created to offset the costs of wine service - the glasses etc., since that can't be built into the cost of the bottle. Nonalcoholic wine is still going to need the service of it and the glassware. But I can see the argument as well for no fee - because these aren't sold on board at all! It isn't like when someone has their favorite merlot and needs to have it because it isn't offered, it is because these wines aren't carried at all.

I never seen alcohol free wines on the ship. Call Princess and ask.

Tony

My adult daughter is a non drinker and she frequently orders alcohol free wine in dining room, they hold the bottle for the next night, same as for "real" wine. There is also alcohol free beer, offhand I can't remember the name. If it is not listed ask the waiter. Mocktails are also good with a pretty good range. I have tasted the Piña colado and it is pretty close to the real thing.

My adult daughter is a non drinker and she frequently orders alcohol free wine in dining room, they hold the bottle for the next night, same as for "real" wine. There is also alcohol free beer, offhand I can't remember the name. If it is not listed ask the waiter. Mocktails are also good with a pretty good range. I have tasted the Piña colado and it is pretty close to the real thing.

This is the beer you are talking about. I normally drink this if I am driving. But when sailing, I normally have someone else do the driving for me :D.

odouls.jpg

Since there is no alcohol in it, there is no limit to the number of bottles you can bring on board as there will be no corkage charge on any of them.

That was my thought also

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for this tip...I actually like wine with dinner and always bring on some for the room...BUT new medication now makes it not possible..but I like the nonalcoholic option...I'm gonna try it....never crossed my mind!!

Always great tips on CC.....:p

Thanks for this tip...I actually like wine with dinner and always bring on some for the room...BUT new medication now makes it not possible..but I like the nonalcoholic option...I'm gonna try it....never crossed my mind!!

Always great tips on CC.....:p

Just as an FYI, O'Douls does have a small trace of alcohol. I believe it is about 0.5% alcohol content per volume. Not sure if this will be an issue.