Live from Anthem

The ship is gorgeous and very crowded. We just saw We Will Rock You and it was great. At almost 2 hours, I usually would start planning my exit but this is a show not to be missed. It's a bit rocky today at sea. There are a lot of kids in the solarium pool due to cool weather which is fine but parents need to really watch the little ones. The pool was like a wave pool. The food at Chic was not great other than the crab cakes. In my opinion. Food is very subjective but tonight is Grand and we ate breakfast there this morning due to overflow from Chic. It's a beautiful, elegant room and I'm sure we will enjoy it tonight. It really is a stunningly beautiful ship with terraced pools aft and another sight to behold around practically every corner. I love the $15 day unlimited internet package. Must get ready for dinner

The dream work characters are on the ship. No parades like the other ships but plenty of photo ops. They have the dream works breakfast also

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that there's no parade since we missed it last time on the Oasis and the kids would've enjoyed it. :( I hope RCCL could add it in the near future... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that there's no parade since we missed it last time on the Oasis and the kids would've enjoyed it. :( I hope RCCL could add it in the near future... :rolleyes:

There's no obvious place for it to be held on Anthem.

Any comments you have on food (at any venue) would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be all organized and review-like. Thanks!

When are you sailing? The rumors (which I think are more than rumors at this point) is that Dynamic Dining is going away, so if you're sailing more than a month from now, anything other than specialty dining will be changing. And there are many other places here where food has been discussed ad infinitum (and don't get me wrong, I love to talk about food).

Any comments you have on food (at any venue) would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be all organized and review-like. Thanks!

We are also on Anthem and have been since March 27th. We are doing the DD Choice and have had no issues with food on board. Ate at American Icon tonight and hubby had the smoked chicken wings for an appetizer. He said they were fabulous. He then had the baby back ribs (which I still say are beef ribs) but he also enjoyed them. I had the prime rib and it was delicious.

Thanks for posting, hope you keep posting, will be following. We were suppose to be on this cruise but cancelled for a longer vaca in Aug/Sept. We were suppose to cruise with a group on this cruise (know 1 couple) and there is also another couple from our town on it. ENJOY IT!

It really is a stunningly beautiful ship with terraced pools aft

Terraced Pools Aft? Where are these??

Thanks for your time to do the review. Have a great cruise. Will be on the ship in 90 days!!

Edited by dedosr

We are on the current sailing. Have dynamic classic @8:30.

So far we have had dinner in Grand and Silk. The food has been very good.

We also had lunch in Chic and that was great. They have a salad bar which is more than salad, it has antipasto items and carving station.

Ship was rocking out of Bayonne, but today is calm seas and sunny.

We like the solarium, but it was difficult finding loungers at 9:30 - they all had towels on them...we will have to look for a different place to lounge around since we are not the type to save loungers ahead of time.

We like the solarium, but it was difficult finding loungers at 9:30 - they all had towels on them...we will have to look for a different place to lounge around since we are not the type to save loungers ahead of time.

Chair Hogs!! If you see this, let the deck attendant know, and he/she will put a note down with the time, and if no one comes back after a set time, they will remove the towel, book, or whatever. On our past cruises on RC we have seen this be done quite a few times. Then when the people finally came back, the attendant told them about it, and that was that.

We also are on the Anthem now. Hate, hate the chair hogs. By 10:00 not a place to be had. There are the same chairs saved in the solarium for the past 2 days with people's pictures on them, but not ever a person sitting on there. No problem with food. We ate in the Grand and Chic. The staff has been excellent so polite and pleasant.

We also are on the Anthem now. Hate, hate the chair hogs. By 10:00 not a place to be had. There are the same chairs saved in the solarium for the past 2 days with people's pictures on them, but not ever a person sitting on there. No problem with food. We ate in the Grand and Chic. The staff has been excellent so polite and pleasant.

If you see this, let the deck attendant know, and he/she will put a note down with the time, and if no one comes back after a set time, they will remove the towel, book, or whatever, even the pictures!! After all, there are rules regarding this, and they will enforce it if you bring it to their attention. You are not being a b..ch if you do this. The loungers are there for the guests use, not to hold a towel or book for someone that might show up. I bet the books they leave behind are old paperbacks they are not even reading.

If you see this, let the deck attendant know, and he/she will put a note down with the time, and if no one comes back after a set time, they will remove the towel, book, or whatever, even the pictures!! After all, there are rules regarding this, and they will enforce it if you bring it to their attention. You are not being a b..ch if you do this. The loungers are there for the guests use, not to hold a towel or book for someone that might show up. I bet the books they leave behind are old paperbacks they are not even reading.

We saw a lot of this as well but never pictures, that's crazy. We never had an issue finding a reasonable spot at one of the pools but typically really wanted the solarium or outdoor pool. We settled a few times in between but would take a walk around each time we had to use the restroom or get a beverage so we'd eventually find something and settle where we really wanted, but it took a while on sea days. Sometimes we'd settle wherever we could and just walk to our pool of choice and check the chairs every so often.

This was a minor annoyance for me personally but didn't tarnish the experience and the fun we had.

Edited by jsswish

I actually did a bunch of comparison between Quantum and Anthem, mostly for kids' stuff. I'm under the impression that Quantum has more Dreamwork stuff than the Anthem. In addition to the lack of parade, the H2O zone of Quantum is decorated with Dreamwork characters. On Anthem it is merely a shallow pool.