Live from Anthem

The sofa bed is hard but so is my bed at home. Only one person is using it. I don't think two adults would be comfortable on it.

Ha ha ha. That's not what I meant.

Is ONE PERSON sleeping on the sofabed each night, or are you three rotating around, with each of you spending some time in the sofabed instead of in one of the "real" beds?

It all depends on the date of your sailing. If it is too far out they won't be open yet for reservations. On my upcoming and Anthem Cruise you were able to make reservations for both Ifly and Northstar. At about the 90 day mark out you could no longer make reservations for Ifly. Apparently it was closed. If they do like they do with other things they might reserve a certain number of openings for those to book once on the ship. If you're sailing is close, and you were getting that message, all online reservations might be booked. Please advise what your sailing date is for better answer to your question

Our cruise is the end of June, we can probably get there by 1 we will be driving from MA

Our cruise is the end of June, we can probably get there by 1 we will be driving from MA

Since you were getting that message from the Cruise Planner, As soon as you board, I would attempt to make reservations for what you were trying to book, whether it was IFly, Northstar or Dining. When you did the on line check in, what was the boarding time you selected? I see you said you would be arriving at the terminal at 1 PM?

Edited by dedosr

Those of you onboard or that have been onboard Anthem...would love your impressions of the Spa JS category in particular 11238 area ?

We've sailed in a Spa JS on Anthem and LOVED this cabin, just loved it. Elegant, comfortable, TONS of storage space, a wonderful sitting area next to the window, a very large balcony, and a fabulous stall shower. As for the location, we were in 9238, two decks below the Spa JS you've named, and it was a really great location. Right by the elevators and incredibly convenient. (We were never disturbed by noise. I note that Deck 11 has the kids club on it (forward); I have no idea whether that would be a noise problem on a sailing with a lot of kids.)

Besides the great cabin, being in a Spa JS allows you to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen, a terrific perk. We thought the food and service there were exceptional (in sharp contrast to the very mediocre food and service we experienced on our sailing in the included venues).

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

Sunset%20on%20our%20balcony_zpswcvbqg6w.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

We've sailed in a Spa JS on Anthem and LOVED this cabin, just loved it. Elegant, comfortable, TONS of storage space, a wonderful sitting area next to the window, a very large balcony, and a fabulous stall shower. As for the location, we were in 9238, two decks below the Spa JS you've named, and it was a really great location. Right by the elevators and incredibly convenient. (We were never disturbed by noise. I note that Deck 11 has the kids club on it (forward); I have no idea whether that would be a noise problem on a sailing with a lot of kids.)

Besides the great cabin, being in a Spa JS allows you to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen, a terrific perk. We thought the food and service there were exceptional (in sharp contrast to the very mediocre food and service we experienced on our sailing in the included venues).

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

Sunset%20on%20our%20balcony_zpswcvbqg6w.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Thank you so very much...I appreciate you taking the time to post not only your opinion but the photo's as well.

Those of you onboard or that have been onboard Anthem...would love your impressions of the Spa JS category in particular 11238 area ?

We are currently in room 11236 and have stayed in 11238. The rooms are so quiet no noise from above. We do have a coffee pot and tea kettle. In February we used the coffee pot but it was such a big deal as it only made one very strong cup at a time. This cruise I bought instant and it works out better for the eye opener cup. You will be very happy with the location.