Live from Anthem

I don't want to hijack this thread but thought I would continue comments about the food.

Sunday night we had dinner in American Icon. It was our least favorite. The food was okay but it felt very crowded, the tables are very close together in that restaurant.

Last night was Chic. I had garlic soup which I thought was yummy. Crab cakes were loved by all of us. My mom had the duck and she liked it a lot.

We did encounter the chair hogs again. We actually watched one chair for a while, finally just removed the towel and book. When we left the person still hadn't returned...

We are in a family junior suite. Three adult women and the room is fine for us.

Have an awesome room attendant.

Our waitstaff is also excellent.

So far we are really enjoying our cruise.

We are on the anthem as well. We saw those folks sitting in the chairs 90% of the time. The only comment I have is at times they were big group and sometimes loud. They were always respectful. We sat next to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on the anthem as well. We saw those folks sitting in the chairs 90% of the time. The only comment I have is at times they were big group and sometimes loud. They were always respectful. We sat next to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi. Hope you are having a great time. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks for our b2b. We will be on the first cruise to go to Bermuda, I hope. LOL.

Sandy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't want to hijack this thread but thought I would continue comments about the food.

Sunday night we had dinner in American Icon. It was our least favorite. The food was okay but it felt very crowded, the tables are very close together in that restaurant.

Last night was Chic. I had garlic soup which I thought was yummy. Crab cakes were loved by all of us. My mom had the duck and she liked it a lot.

We did encounter the chair hogs again. We actually watched one chair for a while, finally just removed the towel and book. When we left the person still hadn't returned...

We are in a family junior suite. Three adult women and the room is fine for us.

Have an awesome room attendant.

Our waitstaff is also excellent.

So far we are really enjoying our cruise.

How is the comfort level of the sofabed? Are you guys sharing, or is one person the designated sofabed-sleeper? ;)

The sofa bed is hard but so is my bed at home. Only one person is using it. I don't think two adults would be comfortable on it.

There is tons of storage space. Three closets, six large drawers and cubby holes in the night stands. So no issues with storage.

The fridge is tiny but it keeps things cold. We never had it emptied but are able to get a few things in there to keep them cold.

We have had breakfast I the solarium. It's a small buffet but has enough variety for us. It's more manageable than the windjammer.

Had lunch in two70 yesterday. That was really good. Nice selection of sandwiches and salads.

Service has been excellent. Guest services is hit or miss. I cashed some travelers checks last night and the young lady told me the signatures didn't match!!! I smiled and said I was tired and didn't have my glasses on...

Thankfully she cashed them. She wasn't very pleasant, but all the others folks I've talked to there were very pleasant and very helpful.

Are the room refrigerators real refrigerators or just coolers like other RC ships we sailed on?

The fridge on the Anthem is the coldest I've had on any ship. Actually made room temperature water bottles COLD.

I'm curious why the kids are in the Solarium when there is a covered pool for all to use? :confused:

I enjoyed the food on the Anthem. Of the 2 menus in Silk, I preferred the first one. Didn't really care for the 2nd one at all. I think my favorite venue was Chic. As others mentioned, the crab cakes are excellent! The Grande was OK, nothing terribly special about the food. Actually not even planning on dining there on my cruise next month since I don't want to dress formal and I don't feel like I'll be missing anything.

Just read you need to reserve the ifly and northstar online, my online access to the website has not been working that great.

But when I finally was able to access it I saw this "Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard." what does that mean? Is it full? I don't really care about me or my husband doing it but my kids will be very sad if they can't since it was a selling point for them to go on this cruise ...

Did you go on these? and do you know if you can go without online reservations?

I saw, (I think on cruise compasses someone posted) that north star and I think I fly did not need reservations the first two days. Hopefully this is correct.

Not sure about North Star because when my reservations opened, Days 1 and 2 weren't an option, but for iFly, you most definitely need a reservation. I was able to make one on Day 2 in the morning for my cruise. There were a ton of options for iFly for the entire week and now they aren't available on the cruise planner. They may keep some spots open for people to make reservations on the first day, but definitely try to get reservations when you board.

Just read you need to reserve the ifly and northstar online, my online access to the website has not been working that great.

But when I finally was able to access it I saw this "Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard." what does that mean? Is it full? I don't really care about me or my husband doing it but my kids will be very sad if they can't since it was a selling point for them to go on this cruise ...

Did you go on these? and do you know if you can go without online reservations?

It all depends on the date of your sailing. If it is too far out they won't be open yet for reservations. On my upcoming and Anthem Cruise you were able to make reservations for both Ifly and Northstar. At about the 90 day mark out you could no longer make reservations for Ifly. Apparently it was closed. If they do like they do with other things they might reserve a certain number of openings for those to book once on the ship. If you're sailing is close, and you were getting that message, all online reservations might be booked. Please advise what your sailing date is for better answer to your question

We are also onboard and having a great time. Food has been excellent. We did North star Sunday am and it was fun. Entertainment has been really good also. In St. Kitts now. Weather has been great other than some rain in St. Thomas. This ship rides great and we had to laugh at some people the first sea day who were complaining about the ride. No different than any other ship and at worst we've had 8-10 ft seas.

Edited by BND

We are on the current sailing. Have dynamic classic @8:30.

So far we have had dinner in Grand and Silk. The food has been very good.

We also had lunch in Chic and that was great. They have a salad bar which is more than salad, it has antipasto items and carving station.

Ship was rocking out of Bayonne, but today is calm seas and sunny.

We like the solarium, but it was difficult finding loungers at 9:30 - they all had towels on them...we will have to look for a different place to lounge around since we are not the type to save loungers ahead of time.

Is American Icon Grille also open for lunch. On the Quantum, American was open for lunch and the Tutti salad was offered there. Also, does American Icon have the "penny presser" machine.

Did you go on these? and do you know if you can without online reservations?

I get the same message. Entertainment usually opens up 90 days from cruise. When is yours--mine is the latter part of August.

Is American Icon Grille also open for lunch. On the Quantum, American was open for lunch and the Tutti salad was offered there. Also, does American Icon have the "penny presser" machine.

Yes, AI is open for lunch during sea days and they offer the salad. And yes, there is a penny presser machine.

Yes, AI is open for lunch during sea days and they offer the salad. And yes, there is a penny presser machine.

Currently on Anthem and lunch is served at Chic with the overflow going to the Grande.

I get the same message. Entertainment usually opens up 90 days from cruise. When is yours--mine is the latter part of August.

Keep a check on entertainment, because our cruise is in July, and entertainment was open at or before 120 days.