so are these recent changes the truth?

marshhawk

No, I do not. At home, the five members of my family do not share one small space. I would not need my towels changed so frequently on a cruise if I had room to adequately hang up (and actually dry): five shower towels, five beach towels, many washcloths and hand towels, five swimsuits (up to eight if we swim twice in one day), and a multitude of cover-ups and swim shirts for my fair-skinned children. :eek: The shower clothes line and all extra hooks and other space is taken up by our swim gear. Having towels for five people packed onto one towel rack is fine, but they're not going to get dry that way. So, it's nice to leave wet towels on the floor and have them replaced, whether we shower first thing in the morning or before dinner.

Thanks for the answer. There is never more than three of us and we don't encounter the issues that you describe.

I just simply cannot cruise again unless they bring back those teabags. Too much of a cutback:D Please increase myfare $25 to get my tea. It's way too much effort to bring my own.:eek:

I am having tea bags flown in to each port.

Just to clarify, they still have the same room service menu that has been and still is free, minus a few items, but have added more offerings for an up-charge, like french fries, chicken strips, wings, shrimp, quesadillas, etc..

This is NOT true.

They removed 9 "free" items from the room service menu, and replaced those with 9 pay for items. In one instance, free steak and cheese was replaced with pay for steakums and cheese.

This is NOT true.

They removed 9 "free" items from the room service menu, and replaced those with 9 pay for items. In one instance, free steak and cheese was replaced with pay for steakums and cheese.

They are GOOD too, better & cheaper than Whataburger,

As for cleaning the room once or twice a day, I would actually prefer just once, in the evening. I hate enjoying a leisurely breakfast and then showering and feeling like I need to vacate the room so the steward can do his/her job. There have been times I've left the room for an hour or two and come back and the room still hasn't been made up so I have to leave again. If we can have evening cleaning (we are generally out of the room from 5:30 until late) and the steward will leave extra bath towels, we'll be happy. :)

You do realize this option has been available to you all this time, just for the asking. I am curious if you did ask.

But the twice a day service change would be a disappointment for those that expect it, and those that need it, especially those that have high occupancy room pax, or those with quarters that need on erring from a day to a night room, and back.

But I'm curious how this is going to play out. The amount of people coming back stating their stewards room requirements are increasing from 20 to 35 rooms flies in the face of their attempt to cut back to once a day service, especially when the subject comes up, and almost all state they expect twice a day service.

I just got off the Breeze and had cabin service 2 times per day. The thing that peeved my the most was the cabin steward getting upset when he came to tidy up the room and we were still in there sleeping in the morning. He was actually ticked off that we were in our cabin.

That's kind of rude. I would have made sure I decreased my tips for that attitude. These kind of people need to be forced off the ships. Under tipping would help, and get rid of him before I got on next.

On our next cruise (2/26/17), if we are not able to have AM & PM service there will be no EXTRA tip. We are not messy so it doesn't take a steward very long to do our cabin.

Yup. Should that day ever happen again (I believe it already happened on e but they got caught), my suggested tip will be halved.

So it's elimination of real tea and the attempt at rolling out on e a day room servicing that have changed since January.

The tea thing has me confused. It it has been part of the fare all these years, how many people actually attended tea that they would have to convert it to a charge. How much exactly does a Twining Tea tea bag cost at wholesale?

So it's elimination of real tea and the attempt at rolling out on e a day room servicing that have changed since January.

The tea thing has me confused. It it has been part of the fare all these years, how many people actually attended tea that they would have to convert it to a charge. How much exactly does a Twining Tea tea bag cost at wholesale?

We also used to get cappuccino at dinner but since they instituted a charge (using super duper beans) we stopped getting it and dont remember seeing a tablemate getting it either. Wonder how much that one saved them.

Yup. Should that day ever happen again (I believe it already happened on e but they got caught), my suggested tip will be halved.

We will be on the Dream in a few weeks and wondering if the new improved card will be used. Will certainly request 2x stateroom service and will not be happy if they discourage us from it.

Sad that they are actually increasing number of cabins the cabin guy has to service but really shouldnt be our problem.

We also used to get cappuccino at dinner but since they instituted a charge (using super duper beans) we stopped getting it and dont remember seeing a tablemate getting it either. Wonder how much that one saved them.

That was a master hose job as well. They couldn't keep track of their own lies.

- ships with premium beans

- ships with the new cappuccino makers

- ships that had brunch

And finally

- ships that sailed.

The reason I have them change out my towels on a cruise is because they never seem to dry and stay damp. What's the point in trying to dry off with a wet towel?

The card says unnecessary towel washing means extra detergent used and clean water consumed. Not eco friendly and bad for the environment.

The card says unnecessary towel washing means extra detergent used and clean water consumed. Not eco friendly and bad for the environment.

And if my towel dried while hanging up in the bathroom I would reuse it. But since it doesn't, I'm not going to take a shower and dry off with a damp, nasty towel. I'm not going to be shamed into reusing a towel that doesn't dry me off properly because it's still wet. Comprende?

And if my towel dried while hanging up in the bathroom I would reuse it. But since it doesn't, I'm not going to take a shower and dry off with a damp, nasty towel. I'm not going to be shamed into reusing a towel that doesn't dry me off properly because it's still wet. Comprende?

I agree, not drying off with a wet, damp towel.

Yep, I even trade in my blue towels on the lido deck because I don't want wet ones in the room until it is cleaned.

Yep, I even trade in my blue towels on the lido deck because I don't want wet ones in the room until it is cleaned.

Yep me too. I love when they have the towel exchange right as you get back on the ship as well. Give them your wet, sand filled beach towel and get a new one right then and there.

You mean a company that burns millions of gallons of diesel fuel a year and dumps sewage into the ocean is worried about a little detergent being bad for the environment and not eco friendly?

LOL!

You mean a company that burns millions of gallons of diesel fuel a year and dumps sewage into the ocean is worried about a little detergent being bad for the environment and not eco friendly?

LOL!

What the card says. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

What the card says. Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

Not doubting you or the card. I just find that excuse given pretty hilarious. I guess I will get another chuckle in 19 days when I see it for myself :)

Ill take evening turn down. My cabin is kept real tidy and I make my own bed. Its habit. I do like my ice bucket filled at least once a day. Hoping this wont be a big problem

Edited by ryano