so are these recent changes the truth?

marshhawk

I cruised in January and will cruise in September-what else has changed in the last few months?

what are the new changes since January is all I wanted to know.

Nothing has changed since January.

Something might change by September.

ummm, where did I go wrong here? I was asking about changes, not complaining about them, and all of a sudden you think I want to pay more for a tea bag?? there is a reason why I don't stay on the carnival portion of this site anymore.

Amen.

Of course people are going to expand but should not be at any reasonable poster's expense.

Not speaking to any here..just in general sometimes an issue.

I am ok with lipton but nothing worse and always like more and variety...lately OMG PG tips is ruining me..lol.

My awareness only from reading and the room clean service changes only on a few ships, beverages you can take on ships changes, entertainment changes, food on room service free minus a few things and for fee added, less servers in dining room, ability to get steak house in dining for upcharge, entertainment changes..are about the coverage of newer changes. If a ship is making a big change..I learned...they use up stale things..bread and butter and some desserts people rave about were stale on my ship a ways back on a big change to down under. Since..people have sad same items were delicious.

Edited by sjn911

We heard the same rumor about once per day service but that turned out not to be the case on the Sunshine. We could still shower in the afternoon and the room and towels were straightened up by early evening.

Regarding tea, my wife is not a coffee drinker and could not believe that they only had lipton. First time ever she couldn't get a good tea on a cruise. So, all tea drinkers who want something like an English breakfast tea will need to pack their own for the week.

We were on the Splendor in February, I don't drink tea but noticed that they offered a box with a great assortment for tea drinkers. Also Carnival had tea at 3pm with some snacks for those who might attend, probably a good opportunity to grab some extra bags for the next day.

We were on the Splendor in February, I don't drink tea but noticed that they offered a box with a great assortment for tea drinkers. Also Carnival had tea at 3pm with some snacks for those who might attend, probably a good opportunity to grab some extra bags for the next day.

We attended the first afternoon tea and they came around with trays of only Lipton. That was the reason why we didn't attend another one. Perhaps things like this are not consistent across the fleet.

I guess some people are just ugly and nasty by nature and get their kicks being so here, where they can remain pretty anonymous. I frequently see snarky answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked. I just ignore such people, not worth wasting my time or energy on them and thankfully, I don't have to interact with them in person! :eek:

Most people with any sense recognize them for what they are; no help at all, and ignore them. They do give the message boards a bad reputation/name though......:(

deb

I agree, but it is a bit hard to ignore when certain posters constantly do it. Kind of makes me wonder why the mods allow the person to post here when just about every post of theirs that I see is either rude, mean or condescending to the OP. Just not necessary and tends to get old after awhile.

But anyway, I understand what the OP is asking. We cruised on the Paradise a year ago this past February, and won't be cruising on the Dream until next January so it will be almost two years between our cruises so I'm also wondering what will be changed by then.

We tend to "go with the flow" for most things, and continue booking Carnival cruises as they consistently have the lower price of the lines I check and since we are still mostly happy with their product, we continue to cruise with them.

Now, a PP mentioned they took away the smoked salmon from the breakfast room service menu and I will be extremely disappointed if I can't get that as one of my most favorite things to do on our cruise is to have room service breakfast delivered (with smoked salmon each day) and eat it on our balcony. My favorite way to start the day! :) I'm wondering if I can write in the request on the breakfast card (that you hang on the door the night before) and still get it, or if my husband can get it from the buffet and bring it. But if I can't have it, it won't ruin my cruise, but will definitely be a disappointment.

As for cleaning the room once or twice a day, I would actually prefer just once, in the evening. I hate enjoying a leisurely breakfast and then showering and feeling like I need to vacate the room so the steward can do his/her job. There have been times I've left the room for an hour or two and come back and the room still hasn't been made up so I have to leave again. If we can have evening cleaning (we are generally out of the room from 5:30 until late) and the steward will leave extra bath towels, we'll be happy. :)

ummm, where did I go wrong here? I was asking about changes, not complaining about them, and all of a sudden you think I want to pay more for a tea bag?? there is a reason why I don't stay on the carnival portion of this site anymore.

Other people were complaining about being charged for the "better"

Teabags.

I just got off the Breeze and had cabin service 2 times per day. The thing that peeved my the most was the cabin steward getting upset when he came to tidy up the room and we were still in there sleeping in the morning. He was actually ticked off that we were in our cabin.

I just got off the Breeze and had cabin service 2 times per day. The thing that peeved my the most was the cabin steward getting upset when he came to tidy up the room and we were still in there sleeping in the morning. He was actually ticked off that we were in our cabin.

This is exactly the reason why I would actually prefer just once-a-day cleaning in the evening. We are out of our stateroom for several hours in the evenings, but in the mornings I like to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and shower and always feel rushed to "get out of the stateroom" so the steward can do their job. And sometimes I'll be gone for an hour or two and want to come back to the room to read on the balcony and the room hasn't been taken care of so I have to leave again. Our last cruise I remember putting a sticky note on the door a couple of times letting the room steward know that we didn't need our room serviced that morning and it was so nice not to have to leave the room in the morning until I was good and ready to! :)

Wondering why no one has really answered the OP'S question?

To the OP - Carnival is testing new Comfort Matters cards on a few ships (sorry but I am not sure which ones). This is to offer passengers a choice of AM, PM, or both for service/turn down and a few other things (ice, extra towels, etc.) For a while there was some misunderstanding with some stewards (mainly on the Dream) who thought you had to choose one or the other since the original cards only had boxes for AM and PM. Passengers didn't know they could check both boxes for both services and were deferring to stewards who said to only choose one. This has all supposed to have been corrected.

I wish I could remember which ships are testing this but hopefully someone else will come in with them.

Edited by TerReuv

This is exactly the reason why I would actually prefer just once-a-day cleaning in the evening. We are out of our stateroom for several hours in the evenings, but in the mornings I like to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and shower and always feel rushed to "get out of the stateroom" so the steward can do their job. And sometimes I'll be gone for an hour or two and want to come back to the room to read on the balcony and the room hasn't been taken care of so I have to leave again. Our last cruise I remember putting a sticky note on the door a couple of times letting the room steward know that we didn't need our room serviced that morning and it was so nice not to have to leave the room in the morning until I was good and ready to! :)

This is our preference as well. I can get my own ice and ask for more towels if I need them. I don't need the steward to come by twice a day just for that.

For those that want twice a day service for towels and ice, they should have it.

We just cruised on the Breeze and had service to our room twice a day, the fancy teabags were gone but I made due with the three basic ones available and they always had lemon with them. There were extra charges for certain items on both the MDR menu and the room service menu, but this is your choice. We don't believe in paying extra for food on a cruise, it's not like you are going to starve to death if you don't buy it. They still had the free ice cream and pizza and free popcorn at the movies and some great movies too, still had to chocolate buffet and it was still good, still have the chocolate melting cake and it was still great. I'll go again.

I am still wonderingabout the cryptic post - " something may in September " . Is there a rumor about a major change? Is the poster implying he has inside knowledge about something about to happen?

marshhawk, the OP stated they last cruised in January and will cruise again in September. They inquired what changes have occurred. Who knows what will happen by September......

I sailed on Triumph's first cruise out of New Orleans April 4. Our room steward approached with her clipboard and card to ask about cabin service. I told her we needed twice a day service for towels and ice. No problem, great service. We used the Cruizing/Snoozing Card to let her know what we doing.

Something might change by September.

The actual wording was might change by Not may change in

Nothing cryptic, nothing implied. :cool: Trying to assuage the OP's concerns about Carnival's apparently "known for constant change".

Good thing he not Sailing NCL because something will change by September, its inevitable with their new leadership.

I really liked the better tea bags that they had. I don't like Lipton tea at all. But I always bring my own tea bags to the States anyway as there just isn't any good tea in the States. So I will just make sure I have enough for the cruise.

tigercat

Wondering why no one has really answered the OP'S question?

To the OP - Carnival is testing new Comfort Matters cards on a few ships (sorry but I am not sure which ones). This is to offer passengers a choice of AM, PM, or both for service/turn down and a few other things (ice, extra towels, etc.) For a while there was some misunderstanding with some stewards (mainly on the Dream) who thought you had to choose one or the other since the original cards only had boxes for AM and PM. Passengers didn't know they could check both boxes for both services and were deferring to stewards who said to only choose one. This has all supposed to have been corrected.

I wish I could remember which ships are testing this but hopefully someone else will come in with them.

Pretty sure that was answered a few times.

Those of you who say you require the twice a day service to replace towels, do you change your towels every day at home?

We haven't cruised for a couple of years and just booked a cove balcony on the Breeze for Nov 2016. I was glad to see that they have brought back the Lobster for Elegant nites. I look forward to that. Although I am not a smoker, my sister and cruise-partner is and loves to sit on our Balcony to read and smoke. That is her cruise... she loves to hang out in the cabin, sit on the Balcony and read/watch the water. She has always been very considerate of our neighbors. I do wish they would change it back to being able to smoke on your own Balcony and people would be considerate. I know it is not popular and I myself do not like the smoke but I know this is what she enjoys. And if the Elder is happy the little sister is happy. LOL

All that being said, as long as they don't take away

1) Strawberry bisque

2) Crème Brulee

and 3) Omelettes made to order at the Buffet.... Im Good.

We got off the Liberty yesterday. We weren't asked if we wanted morning or night service. He came every morning and every night.

Exact same thing with us and the Valor. Just got off yesterday. Never saw a card and got twice a day service.

to be perfectly honest, I'd be fine with every other day service.

I stay in hotels 48 weeks a year, and every single time I leave the snoozing sign out. I'm an adult and dont need someone to pick up after me. every other day for towels is fine by me. So I will be doing the once a day at night service.

now the smoked salmon at breakfast makes me a little sad. that was my every morning breakfast/alarm clock. However, I know how much it costs and am not suprised it was taken away. It was nice, but wont make or break my day.

the changes to cheers is great though...

Some changes you'll like, some you won't, but none if it has been anything major enough to even upset me, let alone keep me from cruising. I mean think about all the other industries who have done similar things. Does a bellhop take your bags to your room now?

Those of you who say you require the twice a day service to replace towels, do you change your towels every day at home?

No, but I know for us that when we are on a cruise, we are doing quite a few different activities, swimming, excursions, etc. and so will shower in the morning and then often again in the afternoon. As long as there are two towels available for each of us, i couldn't care less if they come twice a day, but I do appreciate having a dry towel to use after I shower.

-Dave

Pretty sure that was answered a few times.

Maybe, sometimes, depends on why we need to change them, but at home I have access to more towels if I need to.

My cabin at sea is not home.

Edited by Trumpster