so are these recent changes the truth?

marshhawk

Not doubting you or the card. I just find that excuse given pretty hilarious. I guess I will get another chuckle in 19 days when I see it for myself :)

It's their marketing people's job to spin the message and bring a chuckle out of you. It is supposed to be a fun ship, remember?

Well, it seems the passengers are STILL being told its once a day service, this direct from a cruiser on board:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1196885583687334&id=144285012280735

You post a negative comment in regards to Carnival...perish the thought. Did you just happen on this post?

So it's elimination of real tea and the attempt at rolling out on e a day room servicing that have changed since January.

The tea thing has me confused. It it has been part of the fare all these years, how many people actually attended tea that they would have to convert it to a charge. How much exactly does a Twining Tea tea bag cost at wholesale?

It's not just the tea at tea that has changed, but some folk drink tea instead of coffee, and there was a nice box of tea choices to choose from on the Lido, and in the restaurants. On most of the ships that nice box has been replaced with cheap, flavorless tea, aka Lipton. And if you want a decent cuppa, you have to pay a buck for it. Tea bags don't cost a buck, but that's what they charge. So i'll bring my own. As will most tea drinkers. Then what will Carnival charge us for? hot water?

Of that, there is no doubt. The question is who is doing the fabrication....

It looks to me like either the brand ambassador or the stewards, and Dream seems to be ground zero. We've been assured countless times that the new forms with "both" were already in place on the ships. Seems like that's not the case at all. Someone's got some 'splainin' to do.

the new for purchase tea bags are supposed to be a higher quality tea

"Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave.

There is something seriously wrong with a corporation that allows their brand ambassador to continually make derogatory comments about their top tier guests. Dave is a diamond. It's no damn wonder that he refuses to cruise Carnival anymore.

Edited by Thorncroft

Can anyone clarify if English Breakfast is included in the free teas? I have heard conflicting information. Tea is not as important to me as twice-a-day service, but I'm curious.

Re the service forms -- People have posted that they have seen the "both" form while others have posted that they just saw a form without "both." I could assume someone is lying, but I think it's more likely that both forms are in use at the same time, for whatever reason.

Can anyone clarify if English Breakfast is included in the free teas? I have heard conflicting information. Tea is not as important to me as twice-a-day service, but I'm curious.

Re the service forms -- People have posted that they have seen the "both" form while others have posted that they just saw a form without "both." I could assume someone is lying, but I think it's more likely that both forms are in use at the same time, for whatever reason.

On the Glory in February they only had Lipton and one other - Green Tea I think it was for free. Yes it was Green Tea. I just looked up the package and that was it. No English Breakfast. I was prepared and brought my Twinings Camomile and Lemon Ginger.

Edited by firemanbobswife

It was supposed to be offered at Tea Time

Per JH..........

Here is what is included for no charge at all and is 100% included in the price of the cruise:

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

but this was mentioned for the lido choices:

FYI. Effective immediately, The Lido Restaurant will continue to offer the following hot tea to guests at no charge:

• Lipton Hot Tea

• Lipton Decaf Hot Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

All other hot teas (specialty blends from the Art of Tea),will be a $1.95 charge in the dining rooms, steak house, coffee shops, and other specialty restaurants.

the new for purchase tea bags are supposed to be a higher quality tea

"Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

I've never even heard of those lol. No way I would expect those to be free.

I like my tea brewed in boiling water, mixed with cold water to desired strength, copious amount of sugar added and poured over lots of ice :D sometimes a squeeze of lemon depending on how I feel :cool:

Edited by ryano

So it's elimination of real tea and the attempt at rolling out on e a day room servicing that have changed since January.

The tea thing has me confused. It it has been part of the fare all these years, how many people actually attended tea that they would have to convert it to a charge. How much exactly does a Twining Tea tea bag cost at wholesale?

Elimination of real tea??? LOL,you are a funny person. With all of these negative posts, I have been hearing some say you have an agenda.....say it ain't so!

If I may, I have been wondering what you mean this?

My signature used to say "paraphrasing Tina Fey (as Sarah Palin) 'I can see Carnival from my front porch'." I've moved, so now I can't see Carnival from my front porch.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

My signature used to say "paraphrasing Tina Fey (as Sarah Palin) 'I can see Carnival from my front porch'." I've moved, so now I can't see Carnival from my front porch.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Ahh,

more of a loss if you could not see Carnival in Long Beach would be the loss of not seeing the Queen Mary

Edited by Trumpster

You post a negative comment in regards to Carnival...perish the thought. Did you just happen on this post?

Just read the post and it seems that it was taken care of pretty quickly. The OP stated that when they came back to their room there were three Carnival employees there apologizing and saying they straightened it out with the steward.

Good to see it taken care of quickly.

Just read the post and it seems that it was taken care of pretty quickly. The OP stated that when they came back to their room there were three Carnival employees there apologizing and saying they straightened it out with the steward.

Good to see it taken care of quickly.

It is, thanks for the info. Funny that my pal did not mention that part of it here....huh go figure.

In January, on Pride, box of Bigalow teas at tea time and on Lido.

Room service card did not say "both" BUT the steward was EXTREMELY INSISTENT that I could check off both. He actually gave the impression he would be offended if I didn't choose both. (This is a positive, not a negative.... Like it was important to him to have the opportunity to provide good service)

It is, thanks for the info. Funny that my pal did not mention that part of it here....huh go figure.

It wasn't mentioned because the OP didn't add the information about it being solved quickly until much later, after it had been discussed here. It's great for the OP that it was quickly resolved after she posted the problem publicly on JH's FB page, but I would imagine that only a tiny percent of guests would know to do that. Regardless, it shows that guests are still being misinformed by stewards, even though Comfort Matters has been tested for about a half a year now. :confused: