Your Best of the Best Experience...

Lastdance

Only one Celebrity cruise so far, but easily the best memory was dinner in Normandie on the Summit. One of the best meals of my life, but even better was at the end of the meal I proposed to my girlfriend. We were married last month and are coming back to the Summit next May (2017).

That's really hard to answer, as it implied there was one "best" moment :)

Each of my Celebrity cruises have been "best" in their own way. It's just such a good, quality product. And so consistent that I sometimes take it for granted. On the Reflection a few weeks ago, I was traveling with friends who have sailed Royal several times. They kept commenting on the positive differences (in service and food quality, among others), which reminded me again how special Celebrity is.

Cruise-wise, maybe the best was booking a balcony guarantee to Hawaii after final payment and getting assigned a sunset veranda.

It's always extra "best" when I meet some super fun people. That same Hawaii cruise was one of those, too.

Or then again, maybe the "best" is knowing I have another one booked to look forward to!

There has been at least one on each of our Celebrity cruises: #1 Normandie restaurant on our first X cruise [Murano is nice, but the decor really added to the Normandie experience -- sadly gone now but rumored to be destined for one of the EDGE ships (please God!)]

#2 the Hot Glass Show on Eclipse [we did not expect to like this but both of us got hooked and watched several of the shows and then participated in the charity auction until the prices went past our budget (maybe they should offer free champagne like the art auctions???)]

#3 being able to upgrade on our upcoming Connie cruise to our first suite [all the way up to a Celebrity Suite] and the anticipation of dining in Luminae

Only one Celebrity cruise so far, but easily the best memory was dinner in Normandie on the Summit. One of the best meals of my life, but even better was at the end of the meal I proposed to my girlfriend. We were married last month and are coming back to the Summit next May (2017).

Congratulations, and we wish you both many more happy holidays!

I have had so many memorable experiences with Celebrity but two specific ones come to mind.

Our first Celebrity cruise, we were upgraded at check-in from an inside cabin to a verandah. We were invited to the Captain's table, made great friends with one of the activities staff, and were treated like royalty. Jim was talked into wearing a coconut bra and a grass skirt during an activity. On the Lanai Wild Dolphin and Snorkel Adventure tour, we did some wonderful snorkelling, had a great lunch, went to a bay where hundreds of dolphins were leaping out of the water, and then were amazed as four humpback whales chased each other around our boat for a while. It was magical.

Another wonderful moment was our transatlantic cruise which stopped at St. John's, Newfoundland. We were welcomed by men in kilts, handing out souvenir pins, accompanied by Newfoundland dogs. We took a tour which included a hike from the top of Signal Hill. It was so foggy we couldn't see our hands in front of our faces. We carefully made it down the path into town, the view getting clearer as we progressed. By noon, the fog cleared and we had a nice time in town. When the ship sailed away, all of the small boats in the harbour were honking their horns as we passed. The path from the top of Signal Hills was now in bright sunshine and many people on the path stopped and waved to us. We passed absolutely magnificent scenery as we headed into the ocean, while over the loudspeakers, they were playing

I still get shivers thinking about how beautiful it was.

Last year, we celebrated our 25th anniversary in a Royal Suite and had the time of our lives.

We pretty much have special moments every time we cruise - can't wait for the next one.

What is the best experience that you have had on a Celebrity cruise and was that your first, second or ? cruise. Ours was the opportunity to get an S1 cabin, eat in any restaurant and was out on the helipad...along with OBC that we HAD to spend!

For us, it is all about where we are going, what we want to see and do, etc. The cruise and the ship are a nice plus! But, the cruising itself is not our prime, top goal and objective.

Below are some photo highlights to make the point about what we have loved on our two Celebrity Solstice cruises. 2011 for the Med, Italy, Barcelona, etc. 2014, as detailed below on my live/blog for Australia and New Zealand. For that down under cruise, we had a Celebrity Suite with a handy central location and a super-sized balcony. That was nice, especially for a long, 14-day cruise trip!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 140,062 views for this posting.

Don’t miss the sail-in and/or sail-out for Venice. This was our view from the top of the ship as we approached the historic center of Venice. On a beautiful day, as we enjoyed, this is so spectacular!!!:

VeniceSailInWider.jpg

When the sun was setting as the Solstice sailed from Rome to Naples, here was the visual on the back lawn on the ship’s top, back level. Dramatic and beautiful!!:

SolsticeSunsetBackLawn.jpg

Here is one of our Cruise Critic group, Mike from Miami, capturing some other Cruise Critic group (good folks from Kansas and South Carolina) during our spectacular sail-away party at the Sunset Bar on the magical 15th level of the Solstice. Such a wonderful location to soak up the spectacular sights during this sail-away.:

SydneyDepartSolstice9_zps1cd6db7a.jpg

Going into New Zealand's Milford Sound on the Solstice, there were great views from our balcony on the tenth floor. We did not like the overcast skies and rain, but it added to the “drama” with the huge number of waterfalls in this area. In this picture, my wife is checking out these great sights from our balcony early this morning. It was a rocky crossing of the Tasman Sea.:

QueentownExcur1stA14_zpsd236d1b9.jpg

Here is a photo highlight from our ship's production show called "Ghostlight--The Spirit of Broadway". Lots of great tunes, including many from the Four Seasons as done on Broadway with Jersey Boys. Nice lighting, staging, sets, etc.

SolsticeShows17_zps45d5d28d.jpg

Here is a picture from our New Zealand South Island JetBoat ride that my wife loved so much. From Akaroa, we did a combination ship excursion that included both the rail trip to the mountains/National Park, plus JetBoat. Notice her hands and those of others in our row super tightly gripping the safety bar? That says so much about the speed and thrills while roaring up and down this amazing stretch of scenic river. We've had lots of great moments on this trip, but one was a unique and special ride in a location that is spectacularly world-class near the NZ Southern Alps. And, perfect weather with good friends adds to the great joy!!:

JetBoatOne1_zpscafe58a3.jpg

You win! :D

And congratulations!

For us, it would be on our last Eclipse trip July 15. We had become bar friends with two couples at the Martini Bar and got on well. We gathered one evening after dinner only to find all three couples had been invited to the Captains Table. It was such a coincidence that we knew each other and made for a really fun, relaxed evening. The Maitre D in Select Dining had nominated us separately as she thought we would all get on without knowing we already did get on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first sight of Venice from the heli deck of the Connie with a glass of champagne in my hand and The sound of Andrea Bocelli playing in the background in 2009 . Something I will never forget.

Sent from my iPad using Forums