Sun...Buenos Aires to Valparaiso

forevertravel

Clay, did I already know that you are from Houston?

We live on west side - near Beltway 8 and I - 10

Judy

Probably not, moved here from NC in August of 2013....but I don't have my passport stamped with the visa that lets me go outside the loop:rolleyes:

We live in buffer area:D between River Oaks, Montrose and the Heights...in the shadow of the AIG tower.

Probably not, moved here from NC in August of 2013....but I don't have my passport stamped with the visa that lets me go outside the loop:rolleyes:

We live in buffer area:D between River Oaks, Montrose and the Heights...in the shadow of the AIG tower.

Ha ha, you are a Houstonian.

No one else would get the joke.

I love the area where you live.

We’ve talked about downsizing & moving “inside” (where you don’t need a passport stamp) & we really should, but we’ve gotten very “comfortable” here - dog sitting exchanges, dentists, friends, shopping, etc.

I don’t think we’d miss the yard, but the pool.....probably.

Judy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We have travelled on Celebrity a number of times and they have lectures on sea days about the ports to be visited e.g. history, wildlife, sealife etc.

We have booked this trip out of Santiago on Norwegian Sun. Does NCL provide lectures/talks on sea days?

Thank you for any info.

Hi

We have travelled on Celebrity a number of times and they have lectures on sea days about the ports to be visited e.g. history, wildlife, sealife etc.

We have booked this trip out of Santiago on Norwegian Sun. Does NCL provide lectures/talks on sea days?

Thank you for any info.

Yes, there was an experienced guest lecturer on board. He did a power point presentation in the theater in the morning on sea days on each port. Ours was a birder and spent a lot of time on wildlife. The presentation ran throughout the day on one of the ship's tv channels.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I have decided not to take this cruise. If anyone is interested in coordinating the Meet and Greet, it is now up for grabs!

I hope you all have a wonderful time in South America. We may cruise there in the future, but have decided that the time is not right for us right now.

Heather:)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be booking this cruise tomorrow for the sai'ing from BA to Santiago in February 2018. We are going to book an outside window cabin.

Can anyone advise if we should book a cabin on the port or starboard side and if any deck is better than others.

Thanks

I will be booking this cruise tomorrow for the sai'ing from BA to Santiago in February 2018. We are going to book an outside window cabin.

Can anyone advise if we should book a cabin on the port or starboard side and if any deck is better than others.

Thanks

The land will be to your right so I think starboard is best.

As for deck, I always like to have cabins above and below rather than restaurants, kitchens and other public or crew areas which can create noise at strange times of day.

Yes, there was an experienced guest lecturer on board. He did a power point presentation in the theater in the morning on sea days on each port. Ours was a birder and spent a lot of time on wildlife. The presentation ran throughout the day on one of the ship's tv channels.

this is not current information.

I am just off the Sun, having sailed for 5 weeks. They kicked off the first "lecturer" in Buenos Aries she was so bad and the one they brought on isn't much better. She hasn't even been to most of what she presents. I asked a simple question on a direction to a slide she had shown, and didn't have a clue how to answer and admitted she hasn't been there. She stated the same in another port and I saw here walking by with a ship tour tag on. NO independent information like last year's lecturer- mentioned above- which I also sailed with.

Sad I know way more than the current one, and offered what I could to others. Best to do ALL your homework in advance and LISTEN to the first hand reporters, especially repeaters. There was a CC organizer who took over with some tours, who hadn't even been there and had misinformation. When I offered better alternative options she didn't like it. :)

8 trips around the horn and it's fantastic. :)