Hotels around Ft Lauderdale

Benglish60

We will be cruising out of Ft Lauderdale on 8 May and will arrive night before.

We are looking for a nice hotel that is reasonable priced yet not a dump.

Desire to have dinner and some drinks afterward, appreciate any feedback of anyone staying over night and recommending a good hotel

Thanks

Bill

We will be cruising out of Ft Lauderdale on 8 May and will arrive night before.

We are looking for a nice hotel that is reasonable priced yet not a dump.

Desire to have dinner and some drinks afterward, appreciate any feedback of anyone staying over night and recommending a good hotel

Thanks

Bill

If you give us your definition of 'reasonable price' it will help with the recommendations.

Do you mean $75 - $100, or $100 - $175?

Roz

Gee what difference does it matter? All I ask for was someone that had stayed at a local hotel close to Cruise terminal.

Reasonable price for a hotel around that area should be $100 (100 Dollars Through $175.00 (Dollars a night

If someone had ask me this question, and put $100-75 I would have KNOWN they meant $175 cause its on the right side of the $75.

Bill

please don't answer just to have a post

Renting a car? Time to see other parts of Fort Lauderdale? If its just a stayover, Holiday Inn Express 17th St should be reasonable. Embassy Suites is nice if you can get a good price. Lots of food choices near Embassy Suites.

I booked a stay at the Residence Inn Airport location for September. No stores near there, whereas other hotels will be close to a CVS or Walgreens, or Publix market. Read further down on these threads and you'll get lots of info.

Good luck getting something in a safe area for $75-100...

Otherwise, there are dozens of threads recommending hotels on this board.

Another one that just answers to have a post.

I DID NOT say $75 to $100. I said $100 to 75. Did not hit the 1 to add to the 175.

But If you look it was to the right of $100. Had I meant 75-100 that would have been how I put it

Bill

I just did a quick search on the Hilton site, and May 7 is sold out at the Hilton Marina, Gallery One, and Embassy Suites. The Hampton Inn in downtown is $179-$199. If you can even find a room, you're going to have trouble staying in your price range. Hampton Inn out by the airport is also $179-199, but not much around it.

Good luck! I've found the 17th St. area to the best in terms of being able to walk to stores and restaurants on foot, but at this late date it's slim pickings.

Roz

I just did a quick search on the Hilton site, and May 7 is sold out at the Hilton Marina, Gallery One, and Embassy Suites. The Hampton Inn in downtown is $179-$199. If you can even find a room, you're going to have trouble staying in your price range. Hampton Inn out by the airport is also $179-199, but not much around it.

Good luck! I've found the 17th St. area to the best in terms of being able to walk to stores and restaurants on foot, but at this late date it's slim pickings.

Roz

Thanks ROZ, This is helpful and I will check a couple around the area of th 17th as you mention. Its not so important that we be within 5 minutes from Cruise as we have a car.

Thanks again

Bill

Good luck getting something in a safe area for $75-100..

We were able to get Extended Stay America on 17th St, on Hotwire for $75. This was during a very busy time last year (The Boat Show). There are nicer hotels, but it was clean and OK for one night. They had a free continental breakfast, which we didn't use. The location was perfect. Right next to the port, with many shops and restaurants nearby.

Thanks ROZ, This is helpful and I will check a couple around the area of th 17th as you mention. Its not so important that we be within 5 minutes from Cruise as we have a car.

Thanks again

Bill

If you are having a car, i would look a little further away from Ft. Lauderdale ( save more money ) Check out Pompano Beach area. :)

GalleryOne is a good choice also. A little further from pier, Half block away from Galleria mall, one block away from publix grocery for anything last minute needed. Several good restaurants in walking distance. There is also a water taxi stop at the hotel so you can cruise the water way in the evening. They give you a run down on the houses and yachts you pass while on board.

GalleryOne is a good choice also. A little further from pier, Half block away from Galleria mall, one block away from publix grocery for anything last minute needed. Several good restaurants in walking distance. There is also a water taxi stop at the hotel so you can cruise the water way in the evening. They give you a run down on the houses and yachts you pass while on board.

Thank I will check that one out. As we have a car which we park at Cruise Terminal that should work for us just fine.

Bill

Bill - I was just trying to help as everyone (and you have responses from locals and frequent cruisers who know the area well) else was.

Check out http://www.valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place convention center location right off 17th Street next to the Harbor Shops shopping center. It is $99 a night in May (versus a rack rate of $199). Do a search on this forum on Hyatt Place and/or ValueTrips and you'll get lots of recommendations. There are lots of nearby restaurants to chose from (just do a search on 17th Street restaurants).

Edited by capriccio

Bill - I was just trying to help as everyone (and you have responses from locals and frequent cruisers who know the area well) else was.

Check out http://www.valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place convention center location right off 17th Street next to the Harbor Shops shopping center. It is $99 a night in May (versus a rack rate of $199). Do a search on this forum on Hyatt Place and/or ValueTrips and you'll get lots of recommendations. There are lots of nearby restaurants to chose from (just do a search on 17th Street restaurants).

Thanks

I was looking at Pompano and Hamption Inn has one for $116 its 12 minutes away

I will check out This one now thanks

Bill

Thanks

I was looking at Pompano and Hamption Inn has one for $116 its 12 minutes away

I will check out This one now thanks

Bill

I live in Pompano Beach and there isn't a Hampton Inn here (although there will be one in a year or more since they just started clearing a lot on Federal Highway so that won't help you).

You can get the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach (Stirling Rd) for $143 with an HHonors discount (the program is free to join). Hollywood Ale House and The Field are casual places nearby for food and drinks. There is a Hampton Inn down the street for the same price that includes free breakfast. Parking is free at both hotels and they are close to I-95 and they are only 15 minutes from the port. http://www3.hilton.com/en/index.html