Please help, booking tonight! Caribbean Princess.

tammymacb

Well, I'm a platinum DCL passenger who won't pay the summer rates on DCL this time. I'm sailing Princess 12 nights through the British Isles in 2017.

I've got a few questions and I'd really appreciate some answers!

First- I'd planned on booking an outside room. I think it will be too cold to book a balcony. But, it appears most of the windows are obstructed?

Second- If I book a balcony and my best friend books a balcony next door, can they open the separator between the two balconies creating one?

Third- The sale Princess is currently running isn't great. I'm assuming if a better deal comes along before June 4 (final payment) I can call and change my deal? Is it that easy? Or do I have to cancel and rebook? (Just making sure we don't lose our side by side rooms) Thanks!

Well, I'm a platinum DCL passenger who won't pay the summer rates on DCL this time. I'm sailing Princess 12 nights through the British Isles in 2017.

First- I'd planned on booking an outside room. I think it will be too cold to book a balcony. But, it appears most of the windows are obstructed?

Second- If I book a balcony and my best friend books a balcony next door, can they open the separator between the two balconies creating one?

Third- The sale Princess is currently running isn't great. I'm assuming if a better deal comes along before June 4 (final payment) I can call and change my deal? Is it that easy? Or do I have to cancel and rebook? (Just making sure we don't lose our side by side rooms) Thanks!

Re: Obstructed Ocean View rooms: check out this site "Best/Favorite Interior or Obstructed Oceanview Room on the Caribbean Princess?" - look for it in the Search box at the top of the page - and then scroll down to Caribbean Princess. The site shows which rooms have the least obstructions.

Yes....the balcony partitions can be opened up between cabins by your cabin steward. Only once have I run into a partition that couldn't be opened due to the structure of the ship.

Edited by San10s

There are unobstructed Ocean view cabins on deck 5 - Plaza has a lot of cabins with a view and no obstructions.:cool::)

We really enjoyed our BI cruise in 2013. We didn't miss a balcony at all; we had a window suite with all the full suite perks for basically the same price as a mini-suite. My one recommendation for this cruise is to do it in August so you can see the Edinburgh Tattoo. It was a bucket list item and fully lived up to (and more so) our expectations.

Edited by capriccio

Not all balcony partitions can be opened. In particular, watch for areas where the cabin numbers change to the next hundred. These can be fire door locations. If there is a fire door in the hall the balconies can't be opened between them. The hole is fairly small, and you can hit your head on it if not careful.

If you really want a balcony, try for an aft balcony. Generally no wind on these (but some folks complain of soot or smell, although we haven't seen it).

We were on the Aloha deck on Caribbean Princess just a couple of months ago. At one port, they opened all the balcony interconnect doors for maintenance. We could see from the last cabin to the forwardmost cabin through the open doors. I have pictures somewhere...

Just be sure to have both of your bookings marked "will not accept upgrade." Default is to be "willing to accept upgrade." Reason is that if you are willing to have a free upgrade (rare these days), one of you could be upgraded and the other one not or you both might get upgraded and not be close to one another.

Not sure if you are booking directly with Princess or with a TA. If you see better pricing before final payment date, just call the one your booking is with. If the agent is competent, you should get the new pricing without having to cancel and rebook. However, if your current booking has amenities (some OBC for example) that are not part of the new pricing, you would lose those amenities.

see above in red

Thanks all.

We booked last night.

Because the price of a window or balcony was so close. We booked a balcony. We got side by side balconies on deck 10. I told them I did not wish to upgrade due to the chance of being separated.

We will be there during Tattoo! I have no idea how to plan that but we will be going.

Thanks for all your replies.

I've been on more cruises than I've counted: DCL ( where I'm platinum) RCCL, X, NCL and CCL. This is my first Princess and we're really looking forward to it.

Thanks all.

We booked last night.

Because the price of a window or balcony was so close. We booked a balcony. We got side by side balconies on deck 10. I told them I did not wish to upgrade due to the chance of being separated.

We will be there during Tattoo! I have no idea how to plan that but we will be going.

Thanks for all your replies.

I've been on more cruises than I've counted: DCL ( where I'm platinum) RCCL, X, NCL and CCL. This is my first Princess and we're really looking forward to it.

Come back & tell us your thoughts on Princess! I love to hear the comparisons! We haven't sailed another line in 20 years, Princess always seems to have an itinerary on our Bucket List!

Happy Sailing!