Captain Club Elite - is there a Ceremony?

captdave

This time next month we will be Elite!!!

We know the normal perks posted online.

What are the secret perks of Elite, is there a Secret Ring & Handshake? Is it true, once a Cruise the Captain brings us up front and lets us steer?

21906940388_6ce836d57c_c.jpg

CaptDave

Yes there is a special event! They throw a dinner in the MDR and used to call it formal night but now not so much. The secret is that they don't tell the other passengers that this is a special event just for you. Makes it kind of a really special night. Enjoy

This time next month we will be Elite!!!

We know the normal perks posted online.

What are the secret perks of Elite, is there a Secret Ring & Handshake? Is it true, once a Cruise the Captain brings us up front and lets us steer?

21906940388_6ce836d57c_c.jpg

CaptDave

You get a free drink if you are on a drink plan...

Create your own ceremony...Go to the Captain's Club Elite event and introduce yourself to the host/hostess, who will usually be by the door greeting passengers (if they aren't there the first night, just try again the next night). Tell him/her how excited you are to finally be Elite and to meet the CC host! They love happy passengers! Then go and introduce yourself to the bartender and order your first Elite drink! Enjoy!!!:):):)

Elite and E plus no longer treated very special by X...it' s all about the suites & those lucky enough to be Zenith...after many yrs/trips of loyal cruising!

Congrats to OP anyhow...perks are still pretty good!

We just finished our first sailing as elite, and must admit that not much felt different! The laundry perks were great, but nothing else felt special. The Elite "Coffee Break" was a ghost town. The cocktail lounge was very quiet. Helpful wait staff in the lounge, but no host/hostess and no officers. Ceremony....haha. Suite passengers and Zenith.....that is where loyalty-type recognition is onboard.

Yes everyone is correct, no ceremony

But the Elite breakfast was VERY nice with cappuccinos and smoothies along with the rest of the food - sitting by the Windows in Tuscan Grill quietly starting the day.

We did use the laundry and Internet minutes and since we had the beverage package included didn't make it to the cocktail hours once in 14 days.

It was our 1st elite sailing and will miss the perks on our 1st HAL Koningsdam sailing in January.

I think that if you really are "elite" with Celebrity, you just need to show your Elite Glow and feel special throughout the cruise. It doesn't matter if anyone else cares or not...you are and you know it! You will most likely be it for a long, long, time...ELITE: :cool::cool:

E= Effervescent

L= Lucky

I= Interesting

T= Tenacious

E= Elite

We really enjoy the elite events especially the cocktail hours before our dinner.

Breakfast is ok, however I can live with the buffet with more choices. We have been fortunate to meet some really nice fellow passengers especially on the Silhouette. Living in the USA, it was refreshing to meet another couple from London to exchange ideas & experiences. We have since stayed in contact with them now for several years. We have always had a beverage package & feel the elite status just compliments our cruising experience. I will admit we used it just once on our Alaska trip, as we enjoyed being on shore & enjoying the ports as long as possible.

Happy travels, John

We have just reached Elite Plus. We usually cruise in suites and have a drinks package but we still enjoy going to the cocktail evenings some nights, usually have at least one breakfast in Tuscan....

It is nice to chat to fellow cruisers, compare cruise stories and experiences.

The Captains Club hosts are always really nice..

As others have said the biggest perk is the laundry!

You know it would be nice if they did arrange a 'special' event for 'Elites' first time they sailed - after all they have invested a lot of money in the company!

Welcome to the 'Elite' club. I love the captains club perks, especially the breakfast in the Tuscan Grill.

I was chatting to some friends the other day about elite and elite plus (we are both elite plus) and not wishing to be at all ungrateful we both felt that elite plus feels no different to elite. There does not really seem to be any incentive to 'move up' from elite, and zenith is as good as impossible for the average cruiser.

We did come up with a little perk that may work.

If you are elite plus and have a drinks package wouldn't it be a fantastic gesture to have the drink package upgraded to the premium package?

As you have the package already it is obvious that you would not be having any 'free drinks' in the elite cocktail lounge so the $10 per day upgrade charge would not really leave Celebrity out of pocket.

Just a thought, as I said I'm grateful for what we get

Ian

Congrats!! It does make you feel special. I love going to the Elite cocktail hour and meeting other passengers from all over the world who have traveled with Celebrity. It is quite an education. We have learned so much over the years. On our next cruise we will reach Elite + not much different than Elite but WE feel it.

ENJOY!!!!!

I am also Elite plus and love the X benefits. I have been loyal for years but will never make Zenith. This year I decided to try another line. Last month I took my first cruise on Oceania Riviera. WOW ! We were in a PH suite ( 420 sq ft )You can bring on any liquor you want so I really did not miss X happy hour. If I could reach Zenith I would have stayed with X. Happy to answer any questions about Oceania. Yes I know they are more expensive, but worth it.