Wearing a swim skirt on shore....

lorgir

...without a cover up?

I searched and searched because I know this has been asked before, surely. But, I can't find the right search phrase.

Anyway, I have 3 Lands End suits all with skirts. This will be our first cruise and I don't want to look ridiculous. Would y'all recommend wearing a swimsuit cover even with the skirt?

I'm more conservative so I would always cover up in a nice cover up dress. Although it really does depend on your confidence level, what type of cruise, ports, where you're going, etc.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'm a modest dresser too. These skirts are pretty long with tankini tops that cover up everything. Like tennis skirt long and tank top high, but now that I really think about it, I'd rather cover up more. I have a couple cute lightweight cotton sundresses. I'll just take those.

I don't want to be anywhere but a beach or pool in something that looks like a swimsuit - skirted or otherwise. (I'd say the same thing about a tennis skirt or golf skirt, too;)) I'd wear a cover-up/light sundress.

I wear swim skirts but don't do pants as a cover up. Is there a trick I'm missing? I mean, doesn't the skirt bunch up under the pants?

Maybe under the skirt over the suit part? I've never tried it, so I don't know. :)

If you are truly covered, have the figure for it, and are going straight to the beach, or on a beach or snorkel excursion you'd probably be fine. If you will be walking around town before or after such an excursion, then I'd definitely take a cover up.