Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Also, going later helps with the crowd situation. It usually clears out quite a bit right before 6pm.

That is what we did on Brilliance also. We called it "magic hour" to go in just after

first seating dinner time, since a lot of seats opened up by then. We also preferred the

CL due to sitting at the bar since we adored the bartender in there.

Edited by island lady

That is what we did on Brilliance also. We called it "magic hour" to go in just after

first seating dinner time, since a lot of seats opened up by then. We also preferred the

CL due to sitting at the bar since we adored the bartender in there.

Was it Mickey?

Was it Mickey?

I am sooo terrible with names. I will ask the DH, as he has a much better

memory for names than I do.

Cruising Grandma (Kay) was with us on that one also. If she is reading this,

perhaps she will remember his name. He was fabulous! :)

Just read on another blog that on Celebrity TA they have not held Captains Club cocktail events and moved to the RCI 3 voucher model. Long timers not pleased

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Celebrity have been doing the voucher thing for ages; first time we encountered it was on Reflection's inaugural TA from launch.

This has been talked about for a number of month that the CL would become the SL on the 1st May so comes as no great surprise, happy to let the suites have the CL because on the ships that I have been on it is on 10 deck and very small, DL tends to be much nicer will great views and a outside area for the warmer conditions.

Possible change to the tier levels and increase in required points this Royal has done this before no one losses their current level just need to sail more to get to the next level, lets hope that Royal has looked at and stop this inherit status system that they have, do the nights at sea to earn your status stop people riding on others coat tails.

It appears that some on here are still living in the early 1920's and that anyone that cruise in a inside cabin are second class citizens and possibly should not even be seen on the upper decks, have cruised in balcony and inside cabins to obtain my current status of D+ does this make me a second class citizen? I have often read on here that the upgrade fairy has call got upgrade from balcony to GS for $500 well have to say the upgrade fairy doesn't know the international code for the UK.

I wonder if the Enchantment is onboard with this. I've already prepaid for the premium package for next week. I wonder if they are offering the discount if they will refund 40% back. I'd hate to cancel it now only to find out they're not offering the discount and I'll have to buy it all over again.
We had prepaid for 2 premium packages before we sailed on Serenade in Feb and we got a 40% refund of the $49 per day ($215 each for an 11 day sailing) arranged by the bar manager.

Just read on another blog that on Celebrity TA they have not held Captains Club cocktail events and moved to the RCI 3 voucher model. Long timers not pleased

They only have been doing that on sailings with large amounts of Elite members. Those sailings are usually Transatlantic's which Captains Club members tend to book in droves. They are great deals. They don't normally do it.

Edited by Charles4515

On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Sorry, but I will not reveal my source. Believe it or not. I'm still trying to find additional details, but combine this info with that from CruisenGrandmom

on Liberty and I think the CL-->SL on all ships is imminent.

On Navigator in March there was no welcome back party and the top tier event was in the theatre and was a sales event. The crew could not mingle at all in the theatre. I wish they would continue to hold them in a lounge where at least the crew could mingle a little. There were not more than 50 out of the 250 diamond,+, pinnacle and super Mario and 300 platinum's on board. If the top tier events are like this the attendance will decline and then they can end them.

Celebrity have been doing the voucher thing for ages; first time we encountered it was on Reflection's inaugural TA from launch.

They didn't eliminate Captains Club Events for top tier before like now, did they?

Sorry, it's Cruising Grandma, and she said:

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I waited too long to edit my original post.[/quote

This was also confirmed on the Jewel in March.

They didn't eliminate Captains Club Events for top tier before like now, did they?

They have been doing it for several years on sailings with hundreds of Elite and Elite Plus. There have been a bunch of threads on that. Some prefer the vouchers and advocated them on all sailings.

Edited by Charles4515

They have been doing it for several years on sailings with hundreds of Elite and Elite Plus. There have been a bunch of threads on that. Some prefer the vouchers and advocated them on all sailings.

Thanks. Thought it was new BC saw it on a blog today

I finally feel compelled to chime in.

I just don't understand the dissatisfaction those have with suite guests getting top notch privileges (as good or better than D+ and higher) while on board. It seems some feel that 10, 20, etc. years of cruising on royal should provide them better treatment than suite guests. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let me draw an analogy. Does a frequent flyer on Delta get better perks than a newbie? Of course. However, they do not get better treatment than someone paying to fly first class. Of course a frequent flyer can get upgraded, but so can a higher tier C&A member.

I do not know that much about Delta. However, a United Airlines Global Services member almost always gets better treatment than an occasional flyer paying to fly first class. If a flight is cancelled, the occasional flyers will have to wait on line at a counter to be rescheduled while the Global Services members will get first choice of the available options while being served drinks in a private lounge. When Global Services members get upgraded (which is usually whenever First Class is not sold out before the Global Services members make their reservations), the upgraded Global Services members will be offered first choice of entrees if it is a meal flight and the occasional flyers who paid full first class fare will have to choose from what is left.

It is all a matter of marketing. United knows that those Global Services members will probably be flying again very soon and the goal is to make sure that their next flights are on United. It would be good business for RCCL to think the same way. The big difference that makes it hard for cruise lines is that United can and will dump any Global Services member who reduces his or her frequency of flying. Cruise lines have promised to make elite status's permanent and that promise is forcing them to cut benefits for everyone.

Edited by actuarian

Thanks. Thought it was new BC saw it on a blog today

They have a number - 400 rings a bell - whereby if there are more than that number of Elites they use the vouchers system as the lounge can't cope with the numbers.

When it first started I seem to recall they gave the vouchers and did not hold the nightly event in the lounge but there were so many complaints from people who wanted the 'elite drinks' experience that they now have the lounge as well as the vouchers on relevant sailings. These sailings are typically Transatlantics.

Possible change to the tier levels and increase in required points this Royal has done this before no one losses their current level just need to sail more to get to the next level, lets hope that Royal has looked at and stop this inherit status system that they have, do the nights at sea to earn your status stop people riding on others coat tails.

Been saying this all along and RCI needs to address the issue, especially the inherit status.

Edited by psupa