Brunch in Miami post cruise

nikkiw60

Hi, we are looking for somewhere in Miami after our cruise which does a Sunday brunch buffet similar to Island Way in Clearwater. Any suggestions? Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you will check these out. It doesn't help that it's Mother's Day the day we want to book! And on our trips to visit family in Tarpon we have been spoiled by Island Way!

Thank you will check these out. It doesn't help that it's Mother's Day the day we want to book! And on our trips to visit family in Tarpon we have been spoiled by Island Way!

Oh yes, you will certainly need a reservation on Mother's Day! Enjoy!

Will have a look at blue social thank you.

They have a buffet. Make sure you make a reservation or you'll never get in.

Sunday Brunch is a blood sport here.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/miami/best-brunch-in-every-miami-neighborhood-boozy-and-bottomless

Edited by BlueHerons

Hi, we are looking for somewhere in Miami after our cruise which does a Sunday brunch buffet similar to Island Way in Clearwater. Any suggestions? Thanks all.

difficult to make a recommendation if one has not HAD brunch at Island Way . . . .

but this is where I go

http://www.thefederalmiami.com/images/uploads/menu/031916_BRUNCH_Menu.pdf

WAIT ... Mother's Day?!?!

It doesn't help that it's Mother's Day the day we want to book!

kidding right?

Edited by Capt_BJ

Oh yes, you will certainly need a reservation on Mother's Day! Enjoy!

You should go ahead and book.

My husband's restaurant has been booked solid for weeks already for that Sunday and the good restaurants are booked a couple of weeks ahead for Sunday Brunch.

Edited by BlueHerons

difficult to make a recommendation if one has not HAD brunch at Island Way . . . .

but this is where I go

Sorry! But maybe naivety on my part, I assumed there would be a lot of Floridians on this forum who would maybe know this restaurant to know what kind of buffet brunch I was looking for. I am looking for a good lunch / brunch before our long flight home. Just as a nice end to our trip!

Thank you for your suggestion also.

At the moment I have holds on tables at ceccones beach house and 94th squadron but neither quite right! But think 94th may be the one if we can dump our luggage at the airport!

but this is where I go

Sorry! But maybe naivety on my part, I assumed there would be a lot of Floridians on this forum who would maybe know this restaurant to know what kind of buffet brunch I was looking for. I am looking for a good lunch / brunch before our long flight home. Just as a nice end to our trip!

Thank you for your suggestion also.

At the moment I have holds on tables at ceccones beach house and 94th squadron but neither quite right! But think 94th may be the one if we can dump our luggage at the airport!

You will not find many buffets in South Florida. If you want to pay $125pp at one of the higher end hotels that include booze, lobster, and crab, they usually have buffets, otherwise, they aren't a thing here.

I wouldn't even know where to tell you to find a Chinese Buffet or a seafood buffet.

from MSN's list of 12 best brunch in the US

Edge Steak & Bar is one of Miami’s most popular restaurants, and for $95 you can go all-out with unlimited cocktails, skirt steak that’s grilled-to-order on the terrace, slow-roasted suckling pig, smoked ribs, charcuterie, local ceviche, fresh fruit, oysters, stone crab claws, waffles, Benedicts, paella, arepas, and four different varieties of tacos with an assortment of condiments. There’s no other brunch buffet in America that’s quite like this one.

As amazing as that sounds it's a bit out of our price range. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I can't believe I forgot about this!!

Nikki Beach!!

They have the best value anywhere and you have Sunday Brunch on the beach! Their buffet is incredible and you will not find better sushi!

http://www.NikkiBeach.com

http://24n41g3wbd851i2o91ggdslv.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nikki_Beach_Miami_Sunday_Brunch_Selection.pdf

As amazing as that sounds it's a bit out of our price range. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Don't waste your money on 94th Aero Squadron. We moved to New Orleans and then Orlando from Miami in 1985 and 94th was old then already. Was there a few times when we lived in Miami and found it dark and ok...would give it a C rating.

There have been some great places recommended, I suggest you choose one of those. If you want to look at airplanes landing, go to the airport. Some of the restaurants recommended have great Florida views. Do a little research and make a better choice.

Thank you have cancelled 94th.. We arrive in Miami Thursday so will see if there is anything near the hotel which looks nice. Thanks for all the suggestions we will try to find these first.