So are any drinks included at all (Constellation)?

U2_Rocks!

For example, at meal times can you get ordinary tap water with ice? Juice with breakfast? I have read through the Celebrity site and it's not clear to me. I don't want my kids living off sodas for 9 days - they can have some, but I like them to drink water with meals. I also don't need them to have bottled water all the time.

This is probably a very basic question, but I'm a first-time cruiser trying to learn the ropes.

Edited by U2_Rocks!

There will be water (free) with all meals, in the buffet there will be choices of juice at breakfast as well as iced tea and lemonade at all times. A cruise is a good opportunity to try to wean your children off soda completely -- but at least to hold intake to a reasonable level.

The ship's water is fine - there is no need to buy bottled water.

There will be water (free) with all meals, in the buffet there will be choices of juice at breakfast as well as iced tea and lemonade at all times. A cruise is a good opportunity to try to wean your children off soda completely -- but at least to hold intake to a reasonable level.

The ship's water is fine - there is no need to buy bottled water.

Ummmm, the OP said they can have some, nothing about an unreasonable amount.

Ice water, milk, iced tea, lemonade and juice at breakfast (along with coffee and hot tea) are all included in your fare. There is no need to buy packages if those offerings will work for you! If you want the occassional soda or bottled water, you can certainly buy them without a package.

Perfect, thanks for the info. That works perfectly for us. Now my husband and I just have to figure out the alcohol package, but I think we may wait and see what the prices are like and how much we are actually going to drink before we decide to buy a package.

Edited by U2_Rocks!

Ummmm, the OP said they can have some, nothing about an unreasonable amount.

They are teens, and I know if they have a soda package that's all they will drink! Much better to let them drink what's available, and when we are on shore or they are with us we may buy them a soft drink. I'm not against soft drinks in moderation, I just know them and how they will react to getting "free" soft drinks whenever they want! Plus, I'm watching the budget carefully and don't want to pay extra for soft drinks when they can get water, lemonade etc. included in the cruise price.

They are teens, and I know if they have a soda package that's all they will drink! Much better to let them drink what's available, and when we are on shore or they are with us we may buy them a soft drink. I'm not against soft drinks in moderation, I just know them and how they will react to getting "free" soft drinks whenever they want! Plus, I'm watching the budget carefully and don't want to pay extra for soft drinks when they can get water, lemonade etc. included in the cruise price.

You make a lot of sense - two teens could easily go through a couple of hundred dollars drinking soda for a week on a cruise ship --- when they should be more than happy with the shipboard experience itself.