RCCL Platinum any priority boarding in San Juan?

We are platinum on RCCL is there any priority boarding in San Juan? I thought I saw a post months ago that said there was a place all the way to the left when you come in terminal. Never embarked from San Juan before, how early can you board? We are flying in day before.

We are platinum on RCCL is there any priority boarding in San Juan? I thought I saw a post months ago that said there was a place all the way to the left when you come in terminal. Never embarked from San Juan before, how early can you board? We are flying in day before.

The line all the way to the left is for suites and possibly Pinnacles. I do not recall any priority boarding for other than suites in San Juan. In our experience, boarding has started between 11:30am and 1pm.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a luggage drop-off for D and above all the way to the left. Priority boarding would be inside the terminal, but in my experience it really doesn't help all that much.

Recently boarded in San Juan. The sign says suites, Pinnacle, but I asked and as Dplus we were allowed to use that line. I won't go into detail, but it was by far the absolute worst embarkation experience I have ever had in over 30 Royal cruises. Nobody knew what was going on, mostly the Royal employees. I hope you have a better experience. :eek:

I boarded the jewel on March 27 in San Juan. There was a luggage drop off sign for suites and C&A members starting at platinum on the far left. The sign previously stated pinnacles and suites, but other levels were also directed there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have sailed out of San Juan many times. We usually get to the pier around 11:00 and have been on the ship by noon every time with one exception. I don't remember what caused the delay but we were still on by12:30 that time.

Thank you all for your info, much appreciated! I know from past cruises, sometimes embarkation goes well & other times a very long line. We've only experienced one long wait on RCCL in the past. Since it's first time doing it in San Juan with the late sail away, I really didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping for a smooth embarkation & to be enjoying that fabulous ship ASAP! :D:D:D

Thank you all for your info, much appreciated! I know from past cruises, sometimes embarkation goes well & other times a very long line. We've only experienced one long wait on RCCL in the past. Since it's first time doing it in San Juan with the late sail away, I really didn't know what to expect. I'm hoping for a smooth embarkation & to be enjoying that fabulous ship ASAP! :D:D:D

We were gold 2 years ago but asked the person monitoring the line on the left if it was for all C&A guest, he waved us through. ;) Never hurts to ask! We very happily walked past a long line of others waiting in the line on the right and were the next taken to the check in counters! :cool:

We were there in February. We are Diamond and were told to go to the far left line and bypassed the longest line to board that I have ever seen on embarkation day. That said I am not sure if this line is for Platinum. It doesn't hurt to ask. You might just get to use the line.

• 1 month later...

Just back from a wonderful Southern Caribbean cruise! There was a priority line for Platinum & above to drop luggage. We arrived at the port around 10:45 and there was already a line forming where they told us to go & wait to check luggage. A RCL employee was walking by & saw our luggage tags were platinum & moved us to the priority line where we were only about 5th in that line. :) They began checking luggage around 11:15 & we then flowed into a line with everyone else, but we were still very near front. Check-in was smooth & quick, we were onboard by 11:35. We were onboard so early, our set sail pass didn't work until 12:15.

• 3 months later...

A little off topic but we are sailing on the AOS on Jan. 14 and also have the 8:30 p.m. sailaway. We typically board around 11:00 a.m. for cruises but this one being so late what time will they begin boarding?

A little off topic but we are sailing on the AOS on Jan. 14 and also have the 8:30 p.m. sailaway. We typically board around 11:00 a.m. for cruises but this one being so late what time will they begin boarding?

The two times we cruised from San Juan we got there at 11:00 and was sitting in the Windjammer eating lunch by 12:15 at the latest. :cool:

The two times we cruised from San Juan we got there at 11:00 and was sitting in the Windjammer eating lunch by 12:15 at the latest. :cool:

We've cruised from SJU 6 times, same experience. I don't think we were ever on board later than 12:15-12:30:)