Liberty Tender Tickets

I have never had to use tender tickets before now. I have a private excursion booked, do I need to worry about not getting off the ship in an appropriate amount of time to make my excursion meeting?

excursions through the ship get first dibs on the first few tenders. might only need one, might need 2 or 3 trips.

Suites and Pinnacle have front of the line privileges no matter what.

you need to ask for the first available tender ticket number. the trip can take 5 minutes or it can take half an hour. what port? what time is anchoring scheduled, and when is the excursion? if they use the ship life boats they may only run one or two at a time. but if they use the Islands, there may be as many as 5 or 6 running in tandem so the minute one fills up another takes its place.

Which port? We are currently on LOS at Grand Cayman. They started tendering just after arrival at 7 am...no tickets...just go to deck two meeting area. They have announced a couple times that there are no lines. So today, you'd have had no trouble if you were ready early. I'm having a relaxing breakfast instead.

Tender for Belize was a freaking mess last month.

Usually they fill up the boats and the next one is waiting to hook-up.

This time they filled up and then waited 20 min for the next to arrive.

We did not get off till around 11:20 with a ticket # 17.

When I inquired about it, they kept giving me the lame excuse that there are too many other ships in port. 3, which is nothing, I have seen 7 before.

I think they are trying to save money by not hiring enough boats because it looked like they only had 2.

I have never had to use tender tickets before now. I have a private excursion booked, do I need to worry about not getting off the ship in an appropriate amount of time to make my excursion meeting?

When we were on Liberty and tendered at Belize and had an excursion booked with a local company. On the sea day before we got to the first port they had a process to give out tender tickets. For people not on excursions you went to deck 5 in front of the MDR and if you had a private excursion booked you went to deck 4 in front of the MDR.

They had a certain time to go there, 8-10AM or 9-11AM, can't remember exactly. When going there you have to bring the booking confirmation for your private excursion and they would give you enough tender tickets for the people on the excursion. I got to the location to get the tickets about 10 minutes early, was 4th or 5th in line, got tickets for tender #1.

On the day we were in Belize, people started lining up in the stairway and hallways as usual but they wouldn't allow anybody below deck 2. When the tender boat was ready the called for tender tickets 1 through 4, and those people were allowed down to deck 1 to board the tender boat.

Our waiter explained the tender ticket process to us the night before and I also believe it was listed in the cruise compass.

Thanks for all your helpful replies. It is Grand Cayman and I am sure there will not be a problem as we have a later excursion, not earlier like all of ours in the past.

We were on Freedom of the Seas in Grand Cayman last week and tendering was a breeze. There were no tender tickets and they disembarked passengers onto tender boats using two loading areas, one near the front of the ship and one near the aft. I imagine that Liberty of the Seas will probably use a similar procedure. The tenders, which are operated by the Port of Grand Cayman, are large and hold a lot of people. There were 4 ships in port for our cruise and it looks like only 2 ships are in port for your cruise. You should be off the ship very quickly. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by marys350