New VOOM Packages plus 30% discount

These popped up on my cruise planner today. Has anyone else seen them? I'm sailing on Allure on 5/15/16. Looks like there are all new packages for up to 4 devices, and they have separated the packages between surfing only, and surfing plus streaming. Looks like they're all currently priced at 30% off as well.

28lb5gw.png

Does anyone know if they will still be accepting the C&A discount? I'm guessing if they're being offered online at 30% off, I should buy it now since it will probably be offered at normal price on board.

Voom offers seem to be changing by the hour. Last night my cruise planner was showing Voom plans for up to 5 devices (either surf or surf and stream) with 30% off. This morning the maximum plan is 4 devices (still on 30%). Not surprisingly Royal customer services are unable to explain where the 5 device plan has gone and suggested "waiting until on board" - I'm not falling for that one!

Does anyone know if they will still be accepting the C&A discount? I'm guessing if they're being offered online at 30% off, I should buy it now since it will probably be offered at normal price on board.

I agree with Ken, book now. These prices look even better than people have recently reported onboard.

30% for my Anthem 5/14 sailing too. $9.99 for one device and $12.99 for one device-streaming.

I posted this on another thread, but it's also relevant here, so I'll ask.

For the C&A discount, I can't quite remember how it works. We have a D+ and a D. If I'm not mistaken, the D+ gets a 2-day period free and the D gets 1-day period free. Do you have to buy the package for this, or can you just take the free day and not continue when the day ends? We are in Boston a day so we wouldn't need internet and for Bermuda, we'll be off the ship mostly so won't need it there either.

If I purchase now with the 30% off, and a better deal, like BOGO becomes available, can I cancel the first order and repurchase?

Yes, you can cancel. I believe you must cancel something like 3 days before the cruise in order to get a credit back to your credit card.

Yes I saw that last night @ midnight & jumped on it --now just waiting to see if any discounts for alcohol package comes up [emoji41]

There are lots of discounts being offered on the bev packages right now. I've seen 20% and 30% for a few weeks now. Take a look. :)

I am going on the Allure May 1, a few weeks ago I purchased the unlimited high speed internet for 2 devices for $147.00, now I see VOOM, does that mean I am getting VOOM or old system, this has really confused me now. I also already checked in and printed the set and sail, if needed can I still change anything?? This is first Cruse in over 10 years, and I do not remember Royal Caribbean being so confusing and /or diifcult. Thanks in advance

I am going on the Allure May 1, a few weeks ago I purchased the unlimited high speed internet for 2 devices for $147.00, now I see VOOM, does that mean I am getting VOOM or old system, this has really confused me now. I also already checked in and printed the set and sail, if needed can I still change anything?? This is first Cruse in over 10 years, and I do not remember Royal Caribbean being so confusing and /or diifcult. Thanks in advance

Allure has had Voom for months now. The only difference that I can see is that they have a two tier speed choice now, and you can pay less if you don't need video streaming.

Allure has had Voom for months now. The only difference that I can see is that they have a two tier speed choice now, and you can pay less if you don't need video streaming.

I am sooooo confused...What do I sign up for :confused:...I want to have high speed, email and maybe Facebook and surf the web and look at my Yahoo homepage...unlimited. Just when I think I understand this some one post's more questions and I'm lost again... I'm hoping Adventure has Voom..I'll be on her May 7th. It's being offered on my day planner....so do I assume it will :confused:

BTW...I don't even know what streaming is and therefore don't need that.

Edited by Ashland

Ok, so with the basic voom which I signed up for 2 devices, will I be able to do e-mail, Facebook, surf web, lol, still very confused. When I took my honeymoon cruise in 1986, was a lot less confusing without all these choices :)

I am sooooo confused...What do I sign up for :confused:...I want to have high speed, email and maybe Facebook and surf the web and look at my Yahoo homepage...unlimited. Just when I think I understand this some one post's more questions and I'm lost again... I'm hoping Adventure has Voom..I'll be on her May 7th. It's being offered on my day planner....so do I assume it will :confused:

BTW...I don't even know what streaming is and therefore don't need that.

You can go with the lower (less expensive) speed option.

Ok, so with the basic voom which I signed up for 2 devices, will I be able to do e-mail, Facebook, surf web, lol, still very confused. When I took my honeymoon cruise in 1986, was a lot less confusing without all these choices :)

Indeed confusing, my Freedom cruises lists 11! Internet package choices. Your package will be fine for those activities - just realize that if you are not on a real Voom equipped ship, all of those activities will be a lot slower.

I am on Ovation of the Seas in May. The Cruise Planner is still listing the internet price for one device at $20 per day. I called customer service, and they offered me the discounted prices. I chose the faster speed (college daughter doing course work while away) of $12.99 per day. A huge saving for a 14 day cruise. Thanks for the info posted here.

In my cruise planner, the 2 device Surf package is being calculated incorrectly on the website: 7 days x $16.99 = $173.53. I called RCI, & they said yes that's an error, but they can't do anything different than I can on my end. Do I just lose out on the sale for the package I want bc of their error?

In my cruise planner, the 2 device Surf package is being calculated incorrectly on the website: 7 days x $16.99 = $173.53. I called RCI, & they said yes that's an error, but they can't do anything different than I can on my end. Do I just lose out on the sale for the package I want bc of their error?

I would try calling again, this time C&A if you have not tried that already.