Flamingo Grill becoming Margaritaville on GA. :(

AdoraBelle

Be careful what you wish for! These Margaritavilles have nothing that make the good ones good, including food and atmosphere. The one on the Getaway had zero atmosphere, premixed Margaritas and not much on the menu except burgers of the same quality available in the buffet. Even the ones ashore are hit and miss. I have been to one very good one and one very bad one.

Do you mean the Escape, or is it officially changed on GA?

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone can answer because we sail on the 5th too and it was our favorite spot morning and afternoon! I just want to know. How do they make a change like this anyway I'll be so mad if this area isn't flamingo or margaritaville. I've never seen an area under construction on a cruise, but how would they make that change with back to back cruises all the time? I would be REALLY upset if nothing was open there, because it's the best spot to grab a snack or drink or coffee on the pool deck.

If it is changed over, does anyone know if margaritaville would be included on the specialty dining plan?

Hoping someone can answer because we sail on the 5th too and it was our favorite spot morning and afternoon! I just want to know. How do they make a change like this anyway I'll be so mad if this area isn't flamingo or margaritaville. I've never seen an area under construction on a cruise, but how would they make that change with back to back cruises all the time? I would be REALLY upset if nothing was open there, because it's the best spot to grab a snack or drink or coffee on the pool deck.

If it is changed over, does anyone know if margaritaville would be included on the specialty dining plan?

Literally, it is putting up some signage and some props (surf boards, beach chairs). We have been on the GA twice and Escape twice. The space is essentially the same (tables, galley space, bar). Behind the scenes, they may have to make some adjustments.

On the Escape, it is included on the SDP,,,, but not many people use their SDP credits for a hamburger.

I see your point about not requiring much to make the changeover except for Flamingo was really open seating and buffet style with several entry points to that area. I can see that those would be minor changes though. I'm happy to hear that it is included in the specialty dining package -my mother-in-law booked the Haven and specialty dining package came with her booking that but we never had it before so I didn't really know how it works. Sounds like maybe one meal per day maybe. More research to do before next weekend!

Surely someone is going to be just off today and can post a reply. I'll be looking in others threads - someone update here if you see anything!

I see your point about not requiring much to make the changeover except for Flamingo was really open seating and buffet style with several entry points to that area. I can see that those would be minor changes though. I'm happy to hear that it is included in the specialty dining package -my mother-in-law booked the Haven and specialty dining package came with her booking that but we never had it before so I didn't really know how it works. Sounds like maybe one meal per day maybe. More research to do before next weekend!

Surely someone is going to be just off today and can post a reply. I'll be looking in others threads - someone update here if you see anything!

When we were first on the Escape lastNovember, my first impression was that the space was configured exactly the same as the Flamingo and Uptown grills. Buffet line, grill area, seating. There are still opening in the railing around the restaurant. I thought "if this doesn't work, it can be the flamingo grill by changing the signs." Have fun on your cruise!

Well that's exciting! I'm going to hope it stays for our June 5-12 cruise!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

As of today it is still Flamingo. The croquettes are good but the empanadas were lame. Spinach and tasted baked not fried. I haven't tried much else yet.

I'm on the Getaway now. Just asked a crewmember about the changeover. She didn't know anything about it., looked at me like I was crazy.

That would make us so happy for our June cruise! We really love the Flamingo Grill for breakfasts and lunch:D

As of today it is still Flamingo. The croquettes are good but the empanadas were lame. Spinach and tasted baked not fried. I haven't tried much else yet.

Have you tried their breakfast yet? It's a lot easier than going through the buffet. At lunch I like anything with a big side of the fried sweet plantains. Can't get those at home;)

Thanks for the updates. One week to go. Think good thoughts for me and my plantains.

So glad that you'll have your Cuban food!

Now- if they can just hold off until October....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Loved the Flamingo Grill when I sailed GA this past March! I pretty much ate every breakfast and lunch there.

I would always grab a ham and cheese pastelito for breakfast ( delicious flaky pastry with ham and creamy, melted cheese).

Their ropa vieja or chicken with black beans, rice, yuca fries with chimichuri sauce and plantains was my go-to lunch.

The tres leches cake, rice pudding, and cream cheese flan are not to be missed.

I truly would reconsider not booking another trip on GA if there is no Flamingo Grill. It is a unique choice for lunch and so tasty.

One last bump. Any news from aboard? I board on Sunday. If it turns out my cruise is d-day for FG, I'll report back and the M-ville fans can enjoy some schadenfreude at my expense. ;)

AdoraBelle - I cruise the GA for 1st time this Sunday as well and have been monitoring the thread for new info too because I've read so many great things about the Flamingo from you and other past cruisers. I think that might be the first place I head on Sunday to check it out.

AdoraBelle - I cruise the GA for 1st time this Sunday as well and have been monitoring the thread for new info too because I've read so many great things about the Flamingo from you and other past cruisers. I think that might be the first place I head on Sunday to check it out.

Crossing my fingers on this one! Please let them keep the Flamingo Grill as it is for at least another few months.....:(

Crossing my fingers on this one! Please let them keep the Flamingo Grill as it is for at least another few months.....:(

My husband is really disappointed. We aren't sailing for 4 months . We love FG !

Ridiculous to bring in MV.

Oh well [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Uptown Grill on BA was packed full last week - they took away all the oversized & comfortable sofa chair/loungers (previously - there're about a dozen of them by the stairs) and put in more tables & chairs. Folks in the pool and outdoors making good use of it at breakfast & lunch.

The changeover to MV can be easily done while the ship is underway, just a matter of bringing on the subcontractors and re-work the signage & redecorate. Part of deck 16's jogging/running path pass thru the area so they will likely need to "re-route" the foot traffic, LOL. We're on the Carnival Splendor in 2013 when CCI easily made a similar change, replacing a lobby cafe to a sushi style fees-based venue, while at sea - closing it for the week with minimal interruption.

Crew members working there had no clue or ideas of what the rumors were - or if they did, maintaining an embargo in not speaking for/against it ... probably instructed to do so by corporate.