Flamingo Grill becoming Margaritaville on GA. :(

AdoraBelle

zackarykeff, my guess is GSC won't have the free food on the island once Margaritaville opens. If you read the press release regarding Harvest Caye only a la carte will be available. No UBP either. Either pay or go back to the ship for food and drink. For our convenience of course. NCL wants to make it easy for you to part with your money! No press releases for GSC yet, just my guess.

We didn't enjoy FG at all and got to eat at MV when it was free and liked it a lot. Now that MV is a pay restaurant I'll just stick to the MDR for our next cruise.

After that we are saying goodbye to NCL for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just announced on another thread that GSC will be closed from 8/24-10/20, 2016. I'll bet that's when Margaritaville will be added and who knows what other fee based restaurants and bars. I think Harvest Caye will have 3 restaurants and bars, all a la carte. Expected to open sometime late November. Timing pretty good to promote both private islands and their fee based "amenities".

Haven't heard a date for the Margaritaville to change on the ships but I bet it will be soon. Why keep giving free food during the busy summer season when they can increase revenue.

So sad to hear this. :( We really enjoyed FG on GA. I'm sorry, but I don't get the appeal of Margaritaville. :confused: We've used their pool and flowrider in Grand Turk but have never eaten or drunk there and would never go out of our way for one. Such a shame.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...

I literally booked my Getaway cruise for December of this year, 10 minutes ago and then looked here to see if anything new was being said and I find this post. My 6 year old son and I loved the Flamingo Grill on the Getaway last May! His favorite place to eat. He will be sad about this one.:mad:

Quick bump--can anyone from a very recent cruise confirm if FG is still intact?

Three weeks and change for me, fingers crossed.

BrytEydBelle review of 5-1 to 5-8 says everything they had from there was good.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354022&highlight=flamingo

I literally booked my Getaway cruise for December of this year, 10 minutes ago and then looked here to see if anything new was being said and I find this post. My 6 year old son and I loved the Flamingo Grill on the Getaway last May! His favorite place to eat. He will be sad about this one.:mad:

It seems all of this is stemming from an early morning runner spotting them taking some promo photos. It seems that more people are in favor of the Flamingo grill than Margaritaville (myself included) Hopefully NCL sees this and doesn't let it get past the thought stage. Never the less there is no official word on a change yet so I say not to stress about it until there is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2347572&highlight=grill

Originally Posted by Tinyturtle22 viewpost.gif

:rolleyes:

I know this because when I was running on the track early one morning, like 6:30 they had Margaritaville signs up over the Flamingo grill signs and they were taking photos. I asked a nice gentleman in a fancy white uniform if they were changing over and he said that was the plan.:cool:

It seems all of this is stemming from an early morning runner spotting them taking some promo photos. It seems that more people are in favor of the Flamingo grill than Margaritaville (myself included) Hopefully NCL sees this and doesn't let it get past the thought stage. Never the less there is no official word on a change yet so I say not to stress about it until there is.

Except we also can't forget that the original announcement about this partnership with Margaritaville said that it would be on multiple ships.

I also enjoyed complimentary breakfast 3 times at Margaritaville before it went a la carte and they removed the breakfast menu. If they are getting rid of Uptown/Flamingo Grill breakfasts, I'd hope they'd at least bring back the Margaritaville breakfast, even if it's for pay!

I loved flamingo grill for the change of pace Latin offerings and it was never busy, a great place to kick back with some food and drinks. That is too bad.

I loved flamingo grill for the change of pace Latin offerings and it was never busy, a great place to kick back with some food and drinks. That is too bad.

I love the Cuban sandwiches and especially the Maduros (sweet plantains). Flamingo Grill also has a great breakfast that is much faster than going through the buffet. Breakfast sandwiches and Cuban pastries you couldn't get anywhere else on board. This has been a big part of our choosing to book the Getaway 3 times. :(

Except we also can't forget that the original announcement about this partnership with Margaritaville said that it would be on multiple ships.

It's True-

On the Getaway last week I asked several workers in Flamingo Grill and they all confirmed it is becoming Margaritaville by June 1st. I was glad to enjoy the yummy food one last time though...

Because that thread title only refers to the Uptown Grill on the Breakaway, so people sailing GA soon might not bother clicking.

I gave the link because when you're delivering news online, it's only polite to provide your source.

Yes, and unless your a Mr. Bungles. Politeness counts....

It's True-

On the Getaway last week I asked several workers in Flamingo Grill and they all confirmed it is becoming Margaritaville by June 1st. I was glad to enjoy the yummy food one last time though...

That is sad news for sure :( I'll be setting sail on her the 22nd of May so hopefully they don't switch over before then. Looking forward to some tasty Cuban food!

I love the Cuban sandwiches and especially the Maduros (sweet plantains). Flamingo Grill also has a great breakfast that is much faster than going through the buffet. Breakfast sandwiches and Cuban pastries you couldn't get anywhere else on board. This has been a big part of our choosing to book the Getaway 3 times. :(

Those are our favorites as well. We are considering booking GA again, but no Flamingo Grill could have an impact on that. For us, that was part of the Getaway experience that we would love to repeat! Hope it doesn't change.

Those are our favorites as well. We are considering booking GA again, but no Flamingo Grill could have an impact on that. For us, that was part of the Getaway experience that we would love to repeat! Hope it doesn't change.

We will be on our 4th Getaway cruise in June. The Flamingo Grill was a big part of choosing to book those next 3 cruises. Other ships have the Waterfront, similar slides and restaurants, but the FG was unique and special to us.

We are really looking forward to the new Margaritaville. Always a crowd when you're trying to get into one on shore. Be nice not having a long wait for a table.

Be careful what you wish for! These Margaritavilles have nothing that make the good ones good, including food and atmosphere. The one on the Getaway had zero atmosphere, premixed Margaritas and not much on the menu except burgers of the same quality available in the buffet. Even the ones ashore are hit and miss. I have been to one very good one and one very bad one.