Is a Vista Suite a "Full Suite"?

JohnS43

I recently booked a Vista Suite as a solo (so paying the full fare myself.) While aboard ship on another Princess Cruise, I asked the Captain's Circle rep whether I would get four credits for that cruise (i.e., two for solo paying double and two for suite.) She said I should, but when she checked the actual booking, she said it only showed THREE credits. When I asked why, she speculated that it must be a mini-suite. But everything I've read seems to indicate it's a full suite.

Can someone verify this? I'm not only concerned about the CC credits, but also about the other suite-related perks (laundry, etc.)

Thanks!

I recently booked a Vista Suite as a solo (so paying the full fare myself.) While aboard ship on another Princess Cruise, I asked the Captain's Circle rep whether I would get four credits for that cruise (i.e., two for solo paying double and two for suite.) She said I should, but when she checked the actual booking, she said it only showed THREE credits. When I asked why, she speculated that it must be a mini-suite. But everything I've read seems to indicate it's a full suite.

Can someone verify this? I'm not only concerned about the CC credits, but also about the other suite-related perks (laundry, etc.)

Thanks!

On Princess the suites are all actually suites, unlike, for instance, some Holland America small ships show all regular (at least they would be on other larger ships) veranda cabins as "suites". Not sure about how they work the credits on Princess as we have always been a couple and, to date, have never had a suite (bummer). So to answer your question, yes a Vista Suite on Princess is a "full" suite.

PS. check the deck plans of the ship you will be on. Have a great cruise. :)

Edited by ar1950

Thanks for all the responses, but I'm still not clear on why I wouldn't get four credits -- two for the solo paying double and two for the suite. Especially since the Captain's Circle rep told me I would unless it was not a full suite. Is there some rule that limits the number of "bonus" credits that she was unaware of?

3 cruise credits is correct, disappointing that the Captains Circle host didn't know this. Taken from the Princess questions page :-

Question: How many cruise credits can I earn per cruise?

Answer: Most passengers will receive one credit per cruise. Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers sailing alone in a cabin and paying the exclusive occupancy fare will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers who sail alone in a cabin and pay for the exclusive occupancy fare for a full suite will earn 3 cruise credits.

Enjoy your Vista suite :)

Princess gives 3 credits for solos booked in a "full" suite. It's never been four. It's unfortunate that a Princess staff member gave you bad information.

--Solos only get 2 credits in mini-suites. All other "suites" are "full suites."