Florence and Chianti

kittyluvrnurse

Has anyone found a Florence and vino (Chianti, brief) tour that isn't private? Don't want to spend 600$ and it seems I can't find any other cruisers interested in splitting. I'll be sad to go and not see a little bit of the very nearby wine country (including sample, purchase)...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everything I have ever seen (I've been searching for months) is private, and $600 for hubby and me is crazy!

I am curious what you think a reasonable price is for an 8 hour tour for two, and what that is based upon. From our several trips in Italy $600 may be a little high, but within normal ranges. Europe can be more expensive that the US. A wonderful experience with great outfit like Rome in Limo may change your mind..

We have used Tuscany Taste Tours each time in Rome and Livorno. Maurizio is a great contact. We have had the most delightful trips and wine tastings for the past 2 years. He also has Rome to Civitavecchia service. You can google his url.

We are using him again at our next trip.

Has anyone found a Florence and vino (Chianti, brief) tour that isn't private? Don't want to spend 600$ and it seems I can't find any other cruisers interested in splitting. I'll be sad to go and not see a little bit of the very nearby wine country (including sample, purchase)...

Tours are private - the only way that I have defrayed the cost of a private tour is by finding others on my roll call to share the expense. As others have mentioned, there are tour share sites offered by some companies (ex: Rome in Limo).

Edited by dogs4fun