Escape: Haven Spa Suite vs Haven Penthouse Courtyard?

The Spa suite comes with unlimited spa acces (thermal baths etc, no treatments). The Spa suite is more geared towards couples with the in room tub. And location is different, but on Escape there's something to say for every Haven deck: the courtyard is on deck 17, the spa on 16 and the Haven restaurant is on 18. :)

Here are the floorplans for both:

H5 Haven Penthouse Courtyard (decks 17 and 18)

935-1.jpg

H9 Haven Spa suite (deck 16)

938-1.jpg

Here's a brilliant CC user's review Escape's regular Spa suite:

Norwegian Escape Haven Spa Suite Review with photos & videos by Spaniel Lover

And the numbers from NCL.com;

Approx. Size (in sq.ft) Balcony Size (in sq.ft)

The Haven Deluxe Spa Suite with Balcony

540 86

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

309 54

I would go with the Haven Spa suite.

Being immediately in the courtyard is not that big of a deal, especially on this ship. The Escape courtyard is really loud, much louder than other ships. Twice as many people are packed into the same floor space and with the metal structure of the retractable roof, it seems like the noise just bounces around and echoes.

We went with the Haven Spa Suite!!! We are so excited. First time in the Haven. And the spa access is a nice bonus!

Congratulations! Escape is a beautiful ship and now you have a great cabin and all of those Haven perks to enjoy.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:D

• 6 months later...

This thread asks exactly the question we are facing...

We will be three- myself, my mom, and my 6 year old daughter.

H8 is about $200 less than H5.

My TA who I adore and trust, encourages us to take the H5 for proximity to the courtyard. I am leaning toward saving $200, taking the H8, and having a larger room with a separate sleeping area for DD. It looks like it will take all of 2 minutes to go up one flight of stairs to the courtyard.

7 day Caribbean. We spend a fair amount of time in our room (because we don't like crowds and we love to lay around in pajamas and relax with some room service!) but some of that might be mitigated by less crowded Haven areas.

Also my mom doesn't care about thermal suite or tub in room but I think it looks awesome!

Are you guys saying that the H8 is less than the H9? I just booked an H9 and will move to the H8 if bigger and still spa access if still available. Im sailing on the Getaway in February.

Im on my phone so its hard to find out right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by js

Are you guys saying that the H8 is less than the H9? I just booked an H9 and will move to the H8 if bigger and still spa access if still available. Im sailing on the Getaway in February.

The H8 will cost more than the H9.

The H8 is less likely to be available than the H9 but for your Getaway cruise, the H8 will be IMPOSSIBLE to get.....since it isn't on that ship.:p

The H8 will cost more than the H9.

The H8 is less likely to be available than the H9 but for your Getaway cruise, the H8 will be IMPOSSIBLE to get.....since it isn't on that ship.:p

Thanks so much and actually happy I dont have to obsess about it now lol

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
We went with the Haven Spa Suite!!! We are so excited. First time in the Haven. And the spa access is a nice bonus!

Hi, I am considering upgrading to Haven Spa Suite. Currently we have a very good price on a balcony on Nov 25 sailing. If I take into account the extra perks and OBC from cruise line & TA it is approx. 2000 more to go from balcony to Haven Spa Suite.

Did you think it was worth it? Were you able to get a chair near the Haven pool? Did you like the SPA cabin & location? Is there anything you didn't like about the Haven. I appreciate any feedback.

Hi, I am considering upgrading to Haven Spa Suite. Currently we have a very good price on a balcony on Nov 25 sailing. If I take into account the extra perks and OBC from cruise line & TA it is approx. 2000 more to go from balcony to Haven Spa Suite. Did you think it was worth it? Were you able to get a chair near the Haven pool? Did you like the SPA cabin & location? Is there anything you didn't like about the Haven. I appreciate any feedback.

Depends which ship you are on. There are no chairs next to the pool on the BA and GA - there are chairs on the upper deck above the pool. On the Epic, there are a lot of chairs around the pool, but no upper deck. The Escape has both.

$2000 more for any Havens room is worth it. We were just in a H9 on the Breakaway last month and loved the room with the bonus of spa access. The room was cheaper than any other Havens room and you got the $400 in spa passes (which we would have paid for if we were in a balcony).

Hi, I am considering upgrading to Haven Spa Suite. Currently we have a very good price on a balcony on Nov 25 sailing. If I take into account the extra perks and OBC from cruise line & TA it is approx. 2000 more to go from balcony to Haven Spa Suite.

Did you think it was worth it? Were you able to get a chair near the Haven pool? Did you like the SPA cabin & location? Is there anything you didn't like about the Haven. I appreciate any feedback.

Hey! It was 100% worth it. Haven benefits

Are unmatched. A Private restaurant with all the top choices, the pool and deck area, a bar, just in general was better. You could literally never leave the Haven area if you didn't want to. The only thing to consider is the Haven Spa Suites are on a level up I believe from the Haven Bar and Pool area. The hall is still key card access only though. Also the priority boarding and deboarding were great in all the ports. We will probably do Haven every 10 years hahaha. Wish I could do it more often. I saw go for it but if those premium things aren't important to you and your party the it may not impress you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you think you would enjoy the spa access, it is worth it to get the Spa Suite, as the spa on Escape is excellent. We really enjoyed our Haven Spa Suite last summer. The best cruise we have ever taken! 100% recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Considering the rooms for the spa and courtyard suites seem similar... the spa you get a spa in the room and access to the spa itself... Is there any reason you WOULDN'T book the spa over the courtyard? I went through the same thoughts and just booked the courtyard because I thought it would be better to be IN the actual "haven", but now I'm second guessing that decision.

Is the spa suites DIRECTLY below the courtyard? Is there stairs right there that takes you right to the haven courtyard anyways? I'm thinking maybe I should switch!

You say you get access to the "spa" - but "spa" means a lot of different things. I've never really taken advantage of a cruise spa - what exactly is there that you get access to? And since it's "included" - what is the price to add it if not included?

Thanks for all the great insight!