a new suite "perk" - no more mailed luggage tags

I'm sorry but what am I missing?

Maybe that some people enjoyed the convenience of the tags and it's just something else they've chipped away...but you probably already knew that. :rolleyes:

I will miss them. When they arrived in the mail it was another sign that we were sailing soon. For the price of the suites you think they'd throw them in.;)

But you will have a genie to arrange for your bags to be taken to your room for you instead:D

Edited by Spurschick

But you will have a genie to arrange for your bags to be taken to your room for you instead:D

Except for this August when "slum it" in the CLS.:p We have one more CLS in November and then it is back to our regular location.

Edit: we have the plastic holders from our last Princess cruise, so we can use them again. It really isn't a big deal but it was fun to see them arrive in the mail. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

No more luggage tags:eek:

Having to swipe my card in DL to get a free drink:eek:

No more gold cards:eek:

No more welcome back parties:eek:

How will we survive cruising in the future?

Think it is time I switch to a different cruise line;)

Tongue in cheek folks, before someone takes me seriously :p

If Royal was really smart, they would sell the luggage tag holders on the same web page that we download the printable luggage tags.

If Royal was really smart they would do a lot of things different.

I used to like the luggage tags they sent to us back in the day. They seemed better than the paper ones. At first I laminated the paper ones, then I bought the plastic holders, which have worked fine. I recently upgraded to the kind of holder that Merion shows.

I seems like a small thing to provide for suite passengers and Pinnacle members, considering the cost of the cruises these people are booking, but if you cut enough small things, it adds up.

Edited by KansasK

I'm sorry but what am I missing? Print your tags out and put them onto your luggage. Am I mistaken? Do we really need "special tags" and "special holders" for them? Believe me, I am a spoiled man but j :confused::confused:ezzzzzzzzz.

I'm pretty simple as well. But as for the tag holders, they are AMAZING though. No need to worry about the tags coming off. Just fold them and slide them in. Take them out.. throw away... and put the next cruises in lol. So nice.

No more mailed luggage tags. No fun. I guess I will place that order with Amazon.

As far as price drops. I have such great prices on the cruises I am keeping I didn't get any price drops. I did however managed to snag an ocean Balcony for 1800.00 single supplement on the Harmony TA from a travel agent that had one left in their group. The new 60% second person sale is the first sale I have found that really gave me great prices on new bookings. I don't know how it affects solo's but it did. I had to move a bunch of bookings yesterday and I probably saved 3 to 4 hundred per booking and I was only doing Oasis from PC.

I'm pretty simple as well. But as for the tag holders, they are AMAZING though. No need to worry about the tags coming off. Just fold them and slide them in. Take them out.. throw away... and put the next cruises in lol. So nice.

I've got to say I've never had a problem with the paper printed luggage tags. Fold over a couple of times and four or five staples and they just stay on the bag. I normally put a couple on each bag but that's probably not necessary - I've never lost one yet.

I'm sorry but what am I missing? Print your tags out and put them onto your luggage. Am I mistaken? Do we really need "special tags" and "special holders" for them? Believe me, I am a spoiled man but j :confused::confused:ezzzzzzzzz.

Who really cares, but I guess if I paid or could pay for a grand suite, I might be upset if I had to print or get a luggage handler to put my tags on.

Who really cares, but I guess if I paid or could pay for a grand suite, I might be upset if I had to print or get a luggage handler to put my tags on.

We sail in suites, this year on Harmony, and I'll swap posted luggage tags for the free Voom we now get 100 times over - no contest.

My experience with the tag holders that have a plastic loop--not worth the money. Used them once and they immediately went missing upon handing over the suitcases to the luggage handlers.

Agreed, though ours lasted about 3 cruises. We use the ones with the metal loops now.

To add to the angst, later this month you will no longer be able to pay $35 to have paper documents (instead of eDocs) mailed to your home, according to the C&A rep. I spoke to yesterday.

In and of itself, no big deal. As someone mentioned, "chip, chip, chip." Wait until they eliminate a favorite perk of yours. :eek:

To add to the angst, later this month you will no longer be able to pay $35 to have paper documents (instead of eDocs) mailed to your home, according to the C&A rep. I spoke to yesterday....

Thanks for the updated info Karen.

My experience with the tag holders that have a plastic loop--not worth the money. Used them once and they immediately went missing upon handing over the suitcases to the luggage handlers.

Same here - my plastic loop broke when I pulled it out of the envelope. Granted, I was excited to get 'em two days before I left for my cruise - that excitement could have been the cause. :D I just used a zip tie to hold them on the luggage - worked like a charm. Then, used nail clippers to cut them off onboard.