a new suite "perk" - no more mailed luggage tags

In and of itself, no big deal. As someone mentioned, "chip, chip, chip." Wait until they eliminate a favorite perk of yours. :eek:

Three trips from Pinnacle and believe it or not I was really looking forward to the luggage tags. Why? Ya got me. I just was. Oh well.

I guess my point was that, if you see it as a constant chipping away, then either you only focus on that, or you don't like any of the things that have been added. If you look at the big picture, it's hard for me to see it as chipping away, when there are so many new things that I enjoy, as well as old things I used to enjoy that have gone away. It's more of a give and take, in my mind, than a chip, chip, chip...

I too enjoy the additions but some of those additions you mentioned could be meaningless to others therefore they have chip, chip, chip in their heads. It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm starting to think I'm in the minority. I cruise because I enjoy it. And I come here to share thoughts and experiences about cruising. What I now realize however, is that most people evidently cruise to find problems, and come here simply to complain.

...and then there are the complainers who read Cruise Critic to complain about complainers... ;)

We had to print ours out when we cruised on Norwegian. Really not big deal - fold where it says fold, staple them to the handle - good to go.

Ours never ripped or came off between dropping them off with the porters and getting to our room.

I'm sensing that it is more about taking away a perk than the actual printing out of them?

I too enjoy the additions but some of those additions you mentioned could be meaningless to others therefore they have chip, chip, chip in their heads. It's all a matter of perspective.

...and then there are the complainers who read Cruise Critic to complain about complainers... ;)

ding ding ding! :D

Agree. That's pretty much the same thing I said.

Agreed, though ours lasted about 3 cruises. We use the ones with the metal loops now.

I'm assuming that with the metal loops, they are re-usable? It looks like it's a swivel close to lock it into place and unscrewed to open?

Looks like like me and a lot of other people will be ordered the tag holders from Amazon! Maybe we should buy stock in the tag holder company! :D

I like the ones w/ the steel grommet and ziploc closure. I just fold my paper tags as indicated, then insert them into the plastic holder w/ a spatula. Royal tags are thinner, so they're folded five layer deep. Hard to just cram them into the smaller luggage tag holders. But my spatula trick made it easy.

Edited by knittinggirl

I'm assuming that with the metal loops, they are re-usable? It looks like it's a swivel close to lock it into place and unscrewed to open?

Yes, you screw them closed and open, very simple.

Yep. As my mother used to say, it depend on whose ox is being gored. :rolleyes:

I must have known your mother, or my mother knew your mother. I have used the ox-goring reference for a long time. :eek: :D

Wasn't questioning the person's character or making anyone a "target." I was simply responding to the "Wait until they eliminate a favorite perk of yours" comment.

(And, if she is really that easy going, I'm sure she won't be bothered by someone having a different opinion. Might even be a little uncomfortable with someone else suggesting she should not be questioned.)

The first words of my post were, "In and of itself, no big deal." Of course everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. For example, I never looked at not having to wear your life jackets to muster drill a perk or benefit. :)

I like the ones w/ the steel grommet and ziploc closure. I just fold my paper tags as indicated, then insert them into the plastic holder w/ a spatula. Royal tags are thinner, so they're folded five layer deep. Hard to just cram them into the smaller luggage tag holders. But my spatula trick made it easy.

You know that you can trim off the excess paper, right? :eek:

We received ours for upcoming cruise but won't miss them going forward. We began using the CC luggage tag holders a few cruises back and like those better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know that you can trim off the excess paper, right? :eek:

Exactly.....I was wondering why, if using plastic holders, one would cram all the paper in there..

Heck, when I laminate mine, I cut off the excess, where it says "do not cut".... shhh, don't tell the luggage tag cops...

The first words of my post were, "In and of itself, no big deal." Of course everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. For example, I never looked at not having to wear your life jackets to muster drill a perk or benefit. :)

Yeah, I don't get why Merion Mom seemed to reprimanding me for "questioning" you. I was just giving an opinion that it, to me, didn't really seem like a "chip, chip, chip," because it was a mix of getting some new things and losing some old things.

But I did used to hate having to go back to your cabin to get the life jacket, and then be expected to wear it at the muster drill. That was a pain, especially when it was hot out. Now, you don't even have to go back to, or stick close to, your cabin. I don't think of it as a "perk," per se, but a change for the better.

Edited by Paul65

Exactly.....I was wondering why, if using plastic holders, one would cram all the paper in there..

Heck, when I laminate mine, I cut off the excess, where it says "do not cut".... shhh, don't tell the luggage tag cops...

I suppose you also cut off the tags from pillows and mattresses.:p:D

Short version: the title says it all.

Long version: I checked in today for an upcoming cruise in a GS and was only given the option to print luggage tags, not order them as you can typically do for suites. So I called C&A, thinking maybe I was too close to the cruise but maybe they could get me some tags (I usually do online check-in way in advance, but this time I'm only 12 days out).

The C&A rep read to me from a notice that they received today saying that as of April 29, they would no longer be sending tags for suites, and we would have to print them out. We had a good laugh about how the policy started 5 days ago but C&A was just informed today, but it seems like that's that.

For anyone who's pinnacle, she also said no tags for pinnacles anymore; I just turned diamond so didn't even know that was a perk.

I know it's just a small thing, but I am not crafty and I absolutely hate putting the tags together - I try to laminate them with packing tape and it never goes well. [emoji14] DH jokes I want to upgrade to suites just to get out of assembling the darn tags. We ordered tag holders for when we cruise in non-suite rooms, so I guess I will try those. Still, I am kind of annoyed.

Anyway, a heads up so you don't spend 20 minutes like me, searching all over my online cruise documents for the "order luggage tags" button.

Another first world problem on Cruise Critic.

The last time I showed the porter my room# and in less than a minute he had tagged our 3 bags, taken my 5 dollar bill and placed the bags on a cart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If it has changed, then they haven't updated their website, as it still says that they are available for Pinnacle members and suite guests. (But, of course, it's possible that they just haven't updated.) It does say, though, that:

"Requests for Royal Caribbean's Luggage Tag Mailer must be made no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date."

So, you would not have been in that window at 12 days prior to sailing.

It has changed. We are over a month out from our next cruise and the only choice is to print paper tags.

Another first world problem on Cruise Critic.

The last time I showed the porter my room# and in less than a minute he had tagged our 3 bags, taken my 5 dollar bill and placed the bags on a cart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think we can presume that all problems on CC are first world problems. :)