I guess that I will never reach D+

I just got off the phone with the Resolutions DPT, nothing resolved. It's a list of stupid little things, I understand that. We can no longer get a wine package, the suite program upgrades are only on the mega ships, luggage tags, really, how hard is it to provide luggage tags to suite guests? and the list goes on. We have always cruised on Royal, always in at least a Jr. Suite. We buy speciality dinning at least once per cruise, all of the excursions that we take are booked with Royal, we buy everything from watches to luggage on board. We enjoy our vacations and are not shy about spending money on them. I have almost reached this point in the past but hung in with the promise of an upgraded suite experience. It doesn't matter if the frog boiled quickly or slowly, dead frogs don't book cruises. I have reached the boiling point.

I agree, I think its a good thing to switch lines every so often to see what others offer, after making diamond several years ago we did 6 cruises on other lines, now we are back with RCCL but these cuts make me want to try something else, either other cruise lines on a nice A/I like Sandals where you are not nickeled and dimed like a cruise line. Sandals has nice policy of a free week after about 7 stays.

I just got off the phone with the Resolutions DPT, nothing resolved. It's a list of stupid little things, I understand that. We can no longer get a wine package, the suite program upgrades are only on the mega ships, luggage tags, really, how hard is it to provide luggage tags to suite guests? and the list goes on. We have always cruised on Royal, always in at least a Jr. Suite. We buy speciality dinning at least once per cruise, all of the excursions that we take are booked with Royal, we buy everything from watches to luggage on board. We enjoy our vacations and are not shy about spending money on them. I have almost reached this point in the past but hung in with the promise of an upgraded suite experience. It doesn't matter if the frog boiled quickly or slowly, dead frogs don't book cruises. I have reached the boiling point.

If you aren't happy with Royal Caribbean, move on, branch out and try something new. If you don't like what you find, come back and try again. Nothing stays the same, things evolve, you have to choose whether you want to adapt.

What exactly did you try to get resolved? Sincerely curious - not being snarky!

That's what I was left wondering, as well. None of the things listed sounded like an issue you'd be calling the "Resolutions DPT" about.

We prefer to mix it up on different cruise lines and different ships.

However, you may want to try a larger ship with the suite experience, you might just like it. But you will probably pay for the extra amenities in your cruise fare anyway. The perks you are asking for are possibly only available on larger ships because of logistics.

The luggage tags are really a non issue. If you don't want to print your tags they do it when you hand in your luggage.

Wine package? Well they now let you carry on some wine. Just saying.

I am not a cheerleader. We try to get a good price and we think that lowers our expectations.

I think I understand how the OP feels. Maybe the OP needs a change to get some perspective.

Sometimes a change is good. We are booked on another cruise line in August. We will be in a "full suite" so it will be interesting to see how that experience compares to the full suite cruises we have enjoyed on RC.

A couple of years ago, we decided on a last minute cruise and booked a junior suite for the first time on RC. The room was nice, but since it's not a full suite, we missed a lot of the amenities we had previously enjoyed.

We recently reached Diamond status, but we want some variety, thus the August cruise on HAL. We are also considering a Med cruise on Celebrity.

The lack of luggage tags and the other small cut backs will not deter us from sailing on RC in the future. We just feel the need for a change.

Cruising is a great way to travel. Enjoy!

OP: I can understand that you are unhappy with many of the recent changes. And maybe that is a good reason to check out other cruise lines. Royal has positioned itself near the center or low-center of the market. Try a higher-end cruise line.

Based on the title of this thread, not the content, I have to ask: Do you cruise to gain status or to get a cruise vacation you enjoy? I hope it is the second option because the price *every* cruise line charges for status is outrageous. $2000+ to gain 14 points (7 days in a Jr. Suite)? Towards what? A bathrobe, some cookies, and some free cheap booze? Don't get me wrong, some of the perks are nice: shorter lines, free wash-and-fold, dry cleaning discount. But I wouldn't pay more than $100 per cruise to get them, if they were something I could buy.

We now only cruise in full suites, yup the wine package is a thing of the past. We cruise for enjoyment, not points but the loyalty perks were nice. I called the resolution dpt to attempt to get luggage tags ( stupid 1st world problems). I used to be a cheerleader for RCI, thats not the case any longer.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to update my status. We are Diamond level apprx 140 points. Hence the title of this thread. No need to "LOL"

Hi Paul, go up the page (left hand side) to "User CP" and then "Edit Signature" - you can edit your sig there and then click on "Preview" before you post it to see if it is to your liking.

We use a local land based cruise TA. She sends us great luggage tags. Plus we get a little onboard credit from her. Little things but we will continue to use a TA since they provide some of the perks that Royal doesn't. Our rates are the same as if we booked directly with them. Plus I like having a 3rd party advocate in case of problems.

Suite upgrades have said from day one that it would only be on Oasis and Quantum class. I guess they dropped the wine packages since they have drink package and you can bring on 2 bottles now. Sorry you're unhappy - maybe give Celebrity a shot? Ironically, their programs ping pong. When we first started cruising, Captains Club had better benefits than C&A, then it switched, now perhaps it's switching back again.

Hi Paul, go up the page (left hand side) to "User CP" and then "Edit Signature" - you can edit your sig there and then click on "Preview" before you post it to see if it is to your liking.

Very helpful, thank you.

We now only cruise in full suites, yup the wine package is a thing of the past. We cruise for enjoyment, not points but the loyalty perks were nice. I called the resolution dpt to attempt to get luggage tags ( stupid 1st world problems). I used to be a cheerleader for RCI, thats not the case any longer.

If you're talking about the multi-bottle packages that allow you to select from a limited list, they discontinued advertising those years ago, but I've still seen them available once on board even as recently as last month.

If you're talking about the multi-bottle packages that allow you to select from a limited list, they discontinued advertising those years ago, but I've still seen them available once on board even as recently as last month.

Thank you for the information. I will see if anything is available when we get onboard.

Sorry for the vent. I am usually a very positive person but it just seems like it's getting more difficult to get the cruise experience the we have come to expect. Perhaps it's time to move up line.

:confused: Luggage tags for suites are still available, I just received mine in the mail Monday. Are they discontinuing this as well?

:confused: Luggage tags for suites are still available, I just received mine in the mail Monday. Are they discontinuing this as well?

Someone mentioned the end of April being the last day to order them. Maybe you ordered before the cut off.

Edited by clarea

To the OP : Just think of all the new ships, itineraries and experiences that have opened up to you now!

We have never pledged loyalty to one line. Just seems too limiting. I know some like that feeling of "coming home" on their line of choice, but it keeps you from being able to go some places not offered by your line of choice and limits you to the same ship experience.

To the OP : Just think of all the new ships, itineraries and experiences that have opened up to you now!

We have never pledged loyalty to one line. Just seems too limiting. I know some like that feeling of "coming home" on their line of choice, but it keeps you from being able to go some places not offered by your line of choice and limits you to the same ship experience.

I spoke with my wife this morning, we think that our next vacation after our upcoming June cruise will be a land based Hawaii trip. We cruised from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Radiance in 2013. We fell in love with a few of the islands.

My TA mailed me luggage tags just a week or so ago. I don't need them.

The wine and dine, was marginally a slight discount off of the wine list. There were times when I got to take over priced wines home with me at the end of the cruise. There went the discount.

Try other lines and other vacations. Nothing is ever a perfect fit. We have done two river cruises in the last 2 years. Enjoyed those very much.

Not being, too, judgemental, but the things you are calling resolutions about are not things that I could ever imagine calling them for. But hey, that is just me.

JC