Jewel is a Jewel!

I cannot tell the category. It's stateroom 1054, and it's colored blue, but it looks like a slightly different blue than the JS or OS.

EDIT: It looks like it's not a suite after all. It's an FO, Family Oceanview, no balcony.

Since Clarea could not elaborate I will explain. Brand new FO cabin made from the old concierge lounge. It does not have a balcony. The windows are full length. It is a beautiful suite with the second bedroom being quite large. Much larger than the second bed areas in the front or side FOs on decks 7 and 8. It is a very neat room.

Good to read this review! I was poking around at Med itineraries for next year and found pretty much my ideal next on the bucket list cruise - Greece RT from Rome...with NO Turkey in there - and it's on Jewel. :)

Of course, once I saw she is Radiance Class I was pretty sold as well...I love Radiance Class. (True, that is all I've been on...but I can still say I love the class!!)

Good to read this review! I was poking around at Med itineraries for next year and found pretty much my ideal next on the bucket list cruise - Greece RT from Rome...with NO Turkey in there - and it's on Jewel. :)

Of course, once I saw she is Radiance Class I was pretty sold as well...I love Radiance Class. (True, that is all I've been on...but I can still say I love the class!!)

Do it on Thanksgiving and you will get Turkey

We are doing that itinerary October 7, 2017. Kudusai, Turkey is only the itinerary and I hope we go there

But I am not counting on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just curious, why do you think you may not stop there? It's on our stop as well, in June 2017. RT Rome.

Given the violent unrest in Turkey lately, some/many ships have opted to skip Turkish ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have you noticed that they are specifically skipping Kusadasi? Or just Istanbul and maybe Izmir which are both large cities. I haven't paid any attention to skipping Kusadasi. Stopping at Turkey is important to cruise lines, because it's the only stop outside EU and affects taxing and taxes onboard.

Kusadasi is a resort town, a "holiday village". The city itself is smallish with population of abt 70.000. Not that violent unrest could not happen there, but it's more likely that they would appear in a major city.

We've been on a land based vacation 3 times in Kusadasi as well as stopped twice there with a cruise ship. Lovely and very peaceful town. Hopefully it has not changed this year. Large European Charter flights & Travel Agencies are bringing lots of European tourists to the city also this year.

Just curious, why do you think you may not stop there? It's on our stop as well, in June 2017. RT Rome.

Probably 40% of the cruises last year dropped it from their itinerary, many times at the last minute. It all depends on the government issued terrorist alert levels and it affects all of Turkey. If the alert levels are high the ships will go to another port or just make it a sea day.

Excited to hear about this one as it is the cruise I'm looking at for next year!!

I will have wifi on ship. If you have any questions feel free to ask . Will reply when possible . [emoji106]🏻

I will have wifi on ship. If you have any questions feel free to ask . Will reply when possible . [emoji106]🏻

Thanks! Probably just general info/impressions/etc. Having been on Radiance last summer in Alaska I am pretty familiar with the class (and will be more so after 12 nights on Brilliance!!) so any kind of info on ports - any excursions you did, etc. [emoji3]

Since Clarea could not elaborate I will explain. Brand new FO cabin made from the old concierge lounge. It does not have a balcony. The windows are full length. It is a beautiful suite with the second bedroom being quite large. Much larger than the second bed areas in the front or side FOs on decks 7 and 8. It is a very neat room.

Have you actually seen this room?? The reason I ask is that I am booked in 1054 for a cruise in Oct - I booked it before the ship when to dry dock when it was listed as a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom family oceanview stateroom with no balcony....then when the ship came out of drydock that room disappeared and my reservation was changed to say "family oceanview room" - which also meant the room was half the size of what I booked. RCCL says there was a change at drydock and the 2 bedroom was NOT put in - I have been trying to find a picture of the actual room.....as well as get the dimensions - any help would be sooooo appreciated!!!!

Have you actually seen this room?? The reason I ask is that I am booked in 1054 for a cruise in Oct - I booked it before the ship when to dry dock when it was listed as a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom family oceanview stateroom with no balcony....then when the ship came out of drydock that room disappeared and my reservation was changed to say "family oceanview room" - which also meant the room was half the size of what I booked. RCCL says there was a change at drydock and the 2 bedroom was NOT put in - I have been trying to find a picture of the actual room.....as well as get the dimensions - any help would be sooooo appreciated!!!!

Yes I looked at it while the room attendant was starting to make it up before we left the ship in Rome. There are two bedrooms and a larger seating room. Two baths. Second bedroom is larger than the bunk rooms in the front FO which have bunk beds. This one has separated twin beds. Very nice. Windows are the same as they were in the old concierge lounge ( which this space is). Would book this in a minute, very nice and very modern. Both bedrooms have doors so they can be separated from sofa area. U will love it.

It is not a suite and think what you want is what is there. Good luck and be sure to come back to post pictures.

There are pictures of a similar cabin on Serenade in this thread. I did see the new cabin on Jewel but they were still putting it together so I'm not sure if 1054 on Jewel has a table and 4 chairs. It's a very nice family oceanview cabin in a good location. Floor to ceiling winds provide great views. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2165473&highlight=1054

Yes I looked at it while the room attendant was starting to make it up before we left the ship in Rome. There are two bedrooms and a larger seating room. Two baths. Second bedroom is larger than the bunk rooms in the front FO which have bunk beds. This one has separated twin beds. Very nice. Windows are the same as they were in the old concierge lounge ( which this space is). Would book this in a minute, very nice and very modern. Both bedrooms have doors so they can be separated from sofa area. U will love it.

It is not a suite and think what you want is what is there. Good luck and be sure to come back to post pictures.

Thank you ladies!!! RCCL claimed this room was a regular FO with only 1 bath and 1 bedroom now and I honestly didnt believe them - they claimed they even contacted the ship and verified the room was a regular FO - all people that booked the 2 bedroom like I did were given 2 oceanview rooms to compensate - in my case I was offered a jr suite since the room I booked wasnt put in - but it sounds like it was put in from what both of you are saying - I am SO VERY APPRECIATIVE of the info!!! I hope someone puts pic up soon (I will definitely post when I return)....Sue - I have seen the Serenade pics of the room - you think they are almost identical to the Jewel room?? THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Sue - I have seen the Serenade pics of the room - you think they are almost identical to the Jewel room?? THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Yes....I've been in both rooms. Set up is the same. Like I said above the only thing I can't personally confirm is if there is a table and 4 chairs in 1054 on Jewel as they were still setting it up when I saw it.

Probably 40% of the cruises last year dropped it from their itinerary, many times at the last minute. It all depends on the government issued terrorist alert levels and it affects all of Turkey. If the alert levels are high the ships will go to another port or just make it a sea day.

Do you know what port that go to if they skip Turkey? I am guessing it varies..just curious - we are scheduled for the 9 day Greek Isle cruise next June and Turkey is one of our stops. I like to research the stops and if they substitute another one at the last minute I would like to be prepared.

Do you know what port that go to if they skip Turkey? I am guessing it varies..just curious - we are scheduled for the 9 day Greek Isle cruise next June and Turkey is one of our stops. I like to research the stops and if they substitute another one at the last minute I would like to be prepared.

Can't say. Maybe someone else can help out. We are on the Jewel 9 night in October '17.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk