Need Help - Lost and Found - Anthem of the Seas

Not by a long shot - and instead of finding 'cute' retorts - how about assisting me - one day it might be your items left behind on the ship.

And I would hope they'd leave it with the ship staff and not take it home themselves with a one in a million chance of finding the owner......:rolleyes: Even though I do know chances aren't much better with RCCL...

And, yet, we hear about people who leave, say, an Ipad or camera or something in their safe, realize they don't have it as soon as they get off the ship and never get the item back. Someone on the ship is taking these items...

You know that for a fact?

Every single person who has lost something or left something behind on the ship,,, NOT ONE PERSON has ever had their property returned?

I find this very hard to believe.

It's not possible that out of ALL of the posts you've read about things being stolen,,,,,, people found these items tucked away somewhere when they got home and are too embarrassed to come back to CC.

Or maybe, they filed the report with the cruise line and a month later received their item back but just didn't report this to you.... None of that could have happened?

Reread what I wrote, where did I say "NOT ONE PERSON"? I said..."we hear about people". Thanks for the comment, though. :confused:

Not by a long shot - and instead of finding 'cute' retorts - how about assisting me - one day it might be your items left behind on the ship.

After today's conversation with RCCL - their lost and found department deals primarily with luggage - not items left on the ship. I found that astonishing.

I would have hoped that someone on these boards could assist me with finding a contact that could help connect the item to the owner, preferably thru RCCL, especially as they have the cabin number, it's not difficult, or any other ideas.

Just curious. Edited by Thetrail
Misspelled

Come on Folks, if the OP had just turned it in s/he wouldn´t have got his 5 minutes of fame on CC. :rolleyes: There wouldn´t have been a Chance about bragging how hard they are trying.

Item found at midnight, there would have been plenty of time to turn it in, jammies or not. On the otherhand sleeping til ten on debarkation day sounds like a very serious hangover Situation and there was most likely a bit too much drinking going on the last night.

Wow people, enough with the lectures! Knowing what I know about items left on Royal's cruise ships I would have done the same.

What do you think you know? What you've read on cruise critic? You know that a more significant number of things don't get found than do?

How?

Edited by cruisinfanatic

I appreciate your comments. The item is not something as simple as a lost sweater, but something that is most likely very devastating to the person who lost it, especially emotionally. Not something you could just leave on the dresser, and expect it to be returned properly.

It sounds like a wedding ring...........

There are plenty of cabin stewards and other ship personnel around in the morning that would have taken the item and turned it in to Guest Services.

But it sounds to me like even if you'd awakened early enough, you had no intention of leaving it with RCL...

While its nice that you really want it to get to the owner, the RIGHT thing to do was leave it on the ship. With SOMEONE who works on the ship. Because calling RCL and trying to get in contact with the ship is probably the first thing the person who owns the lost item is going to do, and with it in your possession they will never get it back.

Because RCL isn't going to take the time to play third party and 'connect' two passengers over a lost item. They have no obligation to do so and I wouldn't expect them to take that time. Their obligation is proper care and handling of what they DO have in their possession. You taking it off the ship removed RCL's responsibility to get it back to that passenger. As far as they are concerned, its gone. They're out of it.

I agree with msmayor, I can't make a sound decision unless I know what was lost. You seem to have trust issues and since you won't tell us, I can't answer you.

The item is not something as simple as a lost sweater, but something that is most likely very devastating to the person who lost it, especially emotionally. Not something you could just leave on the dresser, and expect it to be returned properly.

Even MORE reason a complete stranger shouldn't walk off the ship with it.:rolleyes::rolleyes: That is a recipe for expecting it to be returned properly????

Whatever it is, barring a miracle the people will never see it again and you are as much to blame as anyone. But oh wait, it's not your fault, because you slept in by accident and ran off the ship with it....... Unbelievable.

Edited by bouhunter

If you read my original post - I wasn't able to get to guest services. I found the item after midnight, while already in my night clothes - the night before we got off, as I double checked that I had packed everything.

I planned on going to guest services the following morning, despite the fact that the item was from a prior sailing, and I knew from cruise critic that most lost items were never found, after you disembark - but instead of waking up at 7 AM - I was woken up by housekeeping at 10 AM asking why I was still in the cabin. .

why on earth did you just not leave it in the cabin with a short note detailing when/where you found it ?! the Cabin attendant would have taken care of it.

She just wants us to justify her actions, yet she won't even tell us what it it. If you expect me to say what you did was ok, I can't make an informed decision. I once lost a very expensive chain and I immediately reported it. Never got it back! Maybe some passenger found it and didn't have the time return it to Lost and Found. I took the loss, however if it had been my wedding ring or an heirloom I would have died!

She just wants us to justify her actions, yet she won't even tell us what it it. If you expect me to say what you did was ok, I can't make an informed decision. I once lost a very expensive chain and I immediately reported it. Never got it back! Maybe some passenger found it and didn't have the time return it to Lost and Found. I took the loss, however if it had been my wedding ring or an heirloom I would have died!

can't admit it, won't say what it was, and her thought process is ridiculous.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....And from a previous post, how intoxicated do you have to be NOT to hear all the movement, banging and noise on turnover morning, please, give me a break....:rolleyes:

Going on the attack does nothing to help the person who lost the item. Whether or not the OP used poor judgement in taking the item with her, criticism will do nothing to change the situation. There has been one constructive suggestion - mail the item to RCI with an explanation. Perhaps people could put more effort into thinking of other ways of helping to return the item and less effort into criticizing her further.

OP, information on the item might generate some useful suggestions. Why not give it a try, and if nothing is gained from it, I'd follow the suggestion that you mail the item to RCI.

Despite the plethora of helpful responses I have some suggestions:

I would go on to the roll call page from your specific voyage and see if that gets you anywhere. I would also try to call Royal again and see if you could leave your info should someone call in describing what you have.

Someone (sarcastically) mentioned social media. This can actually be a potential avenue to get help. I would utilize the instant messenger or post directly to their page. Not sure about RCL but Carnival has a brand ambassador who responds directly (most of the time) to specific requests. You may have the same experience.

I also completely understand your reasoning for not describing the item. It does not take too much critical thinking to know if you put info out there anyone can attempt to claim it.

You are trying to make good on the situation. Best of luck to you.

Sounds like the same person! The story sounds fishy as heck!

The only similarity I see is both found something, didn't turn it in to guest services and is now trying to find the rightful owner.