Cruise no longer showing on Celebrity Site

lupinsmum

We have a cruise booked for April 2017 Hong Kong to Japan on the Millennium, other than it being sold out is there any other reason why it would be removed from the Celebrity booking site is this normal, starting to panic as just booked flights!

There are at least three reasons why cruises are removed. The first is if it is chartered. The second is if they are repricing it. The third is it is sold out

Then over to your Roll call to see if anyone there has any insight?

Edited by WestLakeGirl

And a fourth reason is that it may be booked as a large group sailing. Which is different than a straight Charter. We are dealing with the same situation right now for a September 2017 sailing. Ours has disappeared since early March.

If I recall correctly, I thought a celebrity rep told me that they won't Charter something within a year of the date of sailing due to the possibility of people having booked flights already.

We had a similar situation earlier this year. A cruise we had booked for 2017 with 123 Go disappeared from Celebrity's web site and from many TA websites.

Lots of talk on the roll call that the cruise was being chartered. Occasionally it would show up a some site with a few cabins. A person on the roll call reported that their TA said that it looked like a charter.

Calls to Celebrity didn't get a confirmation of a charter. They won't confirm a charter until they have a signed contract & funds.

Long story short quite a few people cancelled and shortly thereafter the cruise reappeared on every booking site. Glad we hung in as prices keep increasing-now 50% higher than what booked at and with only 1 perk.

My advice is at this point is hang in, just don't book any non-refundable items. Good luck!

If I recall correctly, I thought a celebrity rep told me that they won't Charter something within a year of the date of sailing due to the possibility of people having booked flights already.

That isn't the case -- we had a cruise that was chartered and it was within a year of the sailing. People on our roll call that already booked their flights were mad as ... well, you know.

So, I can tell you that it does happen.

That isn't the case -- we had a cruise that was chartered and it was within a year of the sailing. People on our roll call that already booked their flights were mad as ... well, you know.

So, I can tell you that it does happen.

I was going off of information that a Captains Club rep gave me a couple of weeks ago when I was calling to see if I could get some info about a cruise we had disappear, and is currently being discussed in another thread about disappearing cruises. I do know that I am learning very quickly not to trust all the info I get from them.

I was going off of information that a Captains Club rep gave me a couple of weeks ago when I was calling to see if I could get some info about a cruise we had disappear, and is currently being discussed in another thread about disappearing cruises. I do know that I am learning very quickly not to trust all the info I get from them.

Exactly! Funny thing is, someone on our roll call knew exactly what was going on with the Charter for months before they informed any of us ... but when we called Celebrity, either the reps didn't know anything about it or were not at liberty to say. Ours was also in Sept -- seems to be a popular convention month and ours was chartered for Salesforce as a floating hotel in San Francisco. We weren't negatively affected by this as they changed our 14 night sailing into a 9 night sailing both in and out of SF. I only note it because they wouldn't tell us anything at all until their contract for the charter was signed, it was also in Sept and it did disappear from the Celebrity website a couple of months prior to our cancelation notification.

We tried to book cruises Around Japan twice in 2015 and had them cancelled for two reasons:

1) Century was sold, so we rebooked on Century's Singapore to Dubai,

2) Both Around Japan cruises in September were chartered, so we changed to a wonderful cruise in October Tokyo to Hong Kong.

Cruises involving Japan for any cruise lines are few, Princess has a couple. Also, they sell out quickly. Yes, for whatever reason chartering seems to be a problem for us loyal X cruisers.

If you are booked on the cruise and it is chartered, X will give you three or for Asian cruises to transfer to at the same cost as the one you booked. This actually saved us some money, except that we spent that paying for the Chinese Visa for one day in Shanghai that we didn't need on the chartered cruise.

Still, Japan is wonderful. We loved the country and the people.

Here is my review of our trip and cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards