Flight changed to 11;30 AM from Miami. Can we make it?

landlady1952

Assuming you are disembarking your ship at Port of Miami and on a domestic flight you should be OK as long as you either do self-disembarkation or are in the very first regular group off the ship.

If your ship arrives at Port Everglades, very little chance of making it. Change to a flight at least after 1:00.

We are arriving at Port of Miami

I was looking at my airline reservation that was originally scheduled for 2pm. Seems United decided to change that flight to 11:30. Hate to have to wait until 5 pm flight but that is only option Hoping that 1130 is doable.

From POM to MIA is an easy 15 minute cab ride ($27+tip flat rate for the cab, not per person like a shuttle). For an 11:30 flight you need to be at MIA NLT 10:00 (earlier is better - TSA at MIA is often chaos). You should be fine.

Agree it is doable. Have breakfast and be in a group disembarking around 8. No need to carry your own bags. You'll be at the airport by 9, leaving lots of time for tsa lines.

Well, we changed our minds and now leaving from Fort Lauderdale at 130. No cost to change flights and did not have to pay higher price as costs have changed. Guess it is better to be safe then worry the whole cruise about making early flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we changed our minds and now leaving from Fort Lauderdale at 130. No cost to change flights and did not have to pay higher price as costs have changed. Guess it is better to be safe then worry the whole cruise about making early flight.

Now you need to arrange for and pay to get to FLL. Cabs will run over $80. The MIA flight would have been my choice.

Too many people involved. If it was just 2 of us I might have chanced it but we have a group. So we are just going to but Carnival transfers and have them take us to Fort Lauderdale.

Now you need to arrange for and pay to get to FLL. Cabs will run over $80. The MIA flight would have been my choice.

We also had our United flight changed to 11:30 but worked out great for us. We are flying into Miami for our Escape cruise then when we return going to Fort Lauderdale for our Allure cruise. Originally booked round trip MIA (pricing was much better) which meant after FLL cruise we would need to taxi back to Miami. With this time change I was able to book my return flight from FLL at 1:30 instead of original 2:30 from MIA at no cost.