6 Drinks and you're out

Thank you....Thank you!! I'll be turning 25 for the 8th time!! [emoji13] [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL!!! This past January I celebrated the 17th anniversary of my 25th birthday! :p

I know this is like asking a bird not to chirp but can we cut the judgments here. Some can tolerate 6 or more drinks over a day and be just fine. Some are too tipsy after one glass of wine. This is not a black and white issue.

If you are over-served or appear over-served, a bartender may refuse service. That's all.

I know this is like asking a bird not to chirp but can we cut the judgments here. Some can tolerate 6 or more drinks over a day and be just fine. Some are too tipsy after one glass of wine. This is not a black and white issue.

If you are over-served or appear over-served, a bartender may refuse service. That's all.

Agreed.

I second this! Well said.

Not true. It depends on the person. Someone that is 125 pounds will be legally drunk before someone that is 250.

And it doesn't matter anyway. Unless you are driving there is no rule saying you can't be drunk.

It also depends on the time it takes you to drink those drinks! 1 drink every two hours will have a much different effect than 1 drink every 15 minutes!!:cool:

Exactly - quit with the judgmental attitudes.

A big LIKE for this

I really do think this thread is missing the point (my opinion)

IF this is True that RC is limiting it to 6

I truly believe that this is a Business move - they are trying to cut down on the number because just maybe it is being miss used - in their eyes???

and hiding behind the 'Safety issue' as stated,, if your drunk they will and should not serve you... I have had people buy me a drink using their card, never thought about it..

just my opinion here..

I really do think this thread is missing the point (my opinion)

IF this is True that RC is limiting it to 6

I truly believe that this is a Business move - they are trying to cut down on the number because just maybe it is being miss used - in their eyes???

and hiding behind the 'Safety issue' as stated,, if your drunk they will and should not serve you... I have had people buy me a drink using their card, never thought about it..

just my opinion here..

They aren't.

That's all.

Thank you for your attention.

:rolleyes:

Was just reading on a blog that on The Independance now you have to sign a waiver when you purchase the drinks package with someone commenting that they were refused a drink after they had 6 for there own safety.The ship is coming to Southampton soon so maybe that has something too do with it but are they really going to refuse and embarrass people after 6 drinks in one day.

http://www.******************.com/2016/04/28/spotted-new-royal-caribbean-unlimited-alcohol-package-waiver

Most of the cruise I've been on while having the drink package after the first day they don't even scan my card. So unless your acting like a total idiot they don't care how much you drink.

Six (6) drinks in most states means you are legally drunk and you would fail the breathalyzer device that measures alcohol in expired air as to determine the concentration of alcohol in a person's body.

6 drinks in 1 or 2 hours yes, 6 drinks in six hours, no way

I can easily do 8 - 10 drinks a day while on vacation, starting from a mimosa at breakfast to a late night glass of wine before bed. Luckily, I can hold my alcohol and it has never affected me from enjoying my vacation.

What's with all these Mimosas in the morning? Hair of the dog. That's the ticket. ;)

Why would RCL want to be put in a position where a drunk can sue because he is so p out of his mind and hurt himself or others around him on the ship? This is not just a good move but a very wise one on RCL's part.

Why would RCL want to be put in a position where a drunk can sue because he is so p out of his mind and hurt himself or others around him on the ship? This is not just a good move but a very wise one on RCL's part.

Indeed. I think they should ban the demon drink altogether. Much safer.

Here here!

Heck, my husband and I have been together 25 years and yet we have very different tolerances---I am small and never drank much and one gin and tonic, that I asked to be mixed with half the normal amount of alcohol, is about all I want in a day--more than that in a 3-4 hour period and I am tipsy.

My husband, on the other hand, he'll have 3 or so glasses of wine with lunch, a cocktail (mudslide) for dessert, another cocktail or two by the pool in the afternoon, and one with trivia. Then 3-4 glasses of wine over dinner, a cocktail or wine at the show and another 1-2 at the club---and not even be noticeably tipsy. That is a rate of about one drink every hour to hour and a half and plenty of food to go with much of it.

Now, I agree with others that there is not some sudden and new secret policy of limiting package to 6 drinks per day--as pointed out previously, that would not even be a break even for anyone--and refusing to serve someone who is not drunk or a problem simply because they hit a limit on an "unlimited" package would not go over at all well from a customer service standpoint.

It sounds like there is much more to this story than is stated.

If they limited everyone to 6 drinks, just think of the uproar it would cause on a sailing and the backlash the company would receive.

Sounds like someone was repeatedly over served and their behaviour was noted in their file...?

I think it's funny that on Carnival, there was a big uproar when they limited the drink package to 15(!) drinks a day *grin* Come on, 6? They're not going to limit it that much. Heck, in that case it's not even worth getting the drink package anymore just in cost alone. This is some silly rumor started who knows where. They'll cut you off if your noticeably drunk, which they should. Probably someone had 6 drinks and got plastered, was cut off, and blaming the number of drinks for the issue.

As previously noted. This is better...

jackdanielstennesseefire_zpsus0dxedv.jpg

Went out and bought me a bottle tuesday night....and OMG!!! So incredibly smooth and good after taste of cinnamon. Also, a LOT less sugar then fireball, so its a little...dare I say...healthier!! :):p Thanks for the tip!! Cant wait to cruise with all of you in the future!!

Went out and bought me a bottle tuesday night....and OMG!!! So incredibly smooth and good after taste of cinnamon. Also, a LOT less sugar then fireball, so its a little...dare I say...healthier!! :):p Thanks for the tip!! Cant wait to cruise with all of you in the future!!

Fantastic! Cheers and Happy Birthday!

Is it safe to assume you are LEO?