Liberty punch card and recent misc.

Just back from LB April 24 to May 8. The drink punch card was offered on day 5 the first week and day 3 on the second week. It was $67 plus gratuity for 10 drinks. There were both the captain's welcome aboard party and the top tier party on each cruise. The Suite Lounge was exclusively for Pinnacle C&A and suite guests. It is gorgeous and includes a lovely outside seating area that is protected from the wind and is covered. Great service from Alex and Jason, as well as concierge Anis. Diamond club excessively crowded between 4:30 and 6 PM, but relatively OK after 6 PM. The boomarang is still not working and no real idea when and if it ever will be. The water slides were popular and looked like fun. Second week a classical guitarist, Manuelito, came aboard. Great music! Amy, CD, did zumba twice each week on sea days. What fun! And she is so approachable and friendly.

Forgot to mention, there was NO C&A drink package discount offered. And specialty drinks in the R bar were $14 plus gratuity. Last month on SR same R bar drinks were $10 plus gratuity.

Interesting price difference. Prices vary from ship to ship. Daughter-n-law was on the Grandeur a month ago and drink card was $89 plus gratuities. :eek:

We were on Grandeur last week and there was no drink card offered. . . . but, they had an internet offer for the final 2 days of the cruise. We used our D benefit for our free day of internet on day 9 and it covered the special so we got 2 days. :D

FYI - The Cruise Compass last week on the Liberty had the Beverage Package Punch Card on Day 7 also (in addition to Day 3 reported by OP). $67 + gratuity for 10 drinks.

I was really surprised to see it so early on Day 3. I do believe it may have been a mistake since the itinerary was reversed for this cruise. Previously Cozumel had been the last port on Day 6 instead of the first port on Day 3. I wonder if they honored it.

There were several mistakes in the Cruise Compasses last week. They also had Day 4/Grand Cayman day listed as the 2nd Formal Night (Grand Cayman had been Day 5 on previous itinerary). 2nd Formal Night was actually Day 6. I believe it was probably moved from Day 5 to Day 6 since Day 6 was a Sea Day.

Just back from LB April 24 to May 8. The drink punch card was offered on day 5 the first week and day 3 on the second week. It was $67 plus gratuity for 10 drinks. There were both the captain's welcome aboard party and the top tier party on each cruise. The Suite Lounge was exclusively for Pinnacle C&A and suite guests. It is gorgeous and includes a lovely outside seating area that is protected from the wind and is covered. Great service from Alex and Jason, as well as concierge Anis. Diamond club excessively crowded between 4:30 and 6 PM, but relatively OK after 6 PM. The boomarang is still not working and no real idea when and if it ever will be. The water slides were popular and looked like fun. Second week a classical guitarist, Manuelito, came aboard. Great music! Amy, CD, did zumba twice each week on sea days. What fun! And she is so approachable and friendly.

Thanks for the quick rundown.

The issue has not been the "welcome ABOARD" party but the "welcome back" party for C&A. Two different events. Just FYI for everyone.

I assume that "Amy" is Amy Fickert, um, Southgate?

DSC06980_zps2c30ff42.jpg

We also like suite lounge, 4/24 also had a great guitar player Voytek, who played a few venues and filled in for Derek Lewis on his night off, was very happy with entertainment

Everyone thought that my daughter looked like her. They would come up to her and just start talking.

What do you think? ;)

I was wondering if that was you in the pic. Yes, your DD definitely looks like Amy's sister in the pic and if they weren't standing next to each other I could see that people would assume she was Amy. I bet you DD met a lot of people! :D

Thanks for the update. We board in about 18 days! I figured that they would move the second formal night to day six with the reversed route. My adult kids are hoping for the early drink punch cards as packages are just too much for what they drink.