MS Breakaway to Bermuda May 22-39

rafinmd

Roy - well done on comparative reviewing the ships, the ports and Bermuda.

DW and I still like the idea of docking right on Front Street @ Hamilton, steps away from the shops, stores & restaurants, and Harbor Night ... and easy public transportation from there. But ... only smaller ships can get in/out of the harbor even if the harbor channel/entrance is widened and deeper.

Enjoying an extended break from cruising till August :cool:

Thanks for your comprehensive review of all three ships/solo experiences.

I've definitely eliminated the Anthem for Bermuda. The Veendam is probably my choice after reading your reviews. Love the solo cabin concept on the Breakaway and it is a close #2, but docking in Hamilton is a plus and I think for my first (and perhaps only) visit to Bermuda, it will be a better fit for me.

Happy travels!

Thanks for your comprehensive review of all three ships/solo experiences.

I've definitely eliminated the Anthem for Bermuda. The Veendam is probably my choice after reading your reviews. Love the solo cabin concept on the Breakaway and it is a close #2, but docking in Hamilton is a plus and I think for my first (and perhaps only) visit to Bermuda, it will be a better fit for me.

Happy travels!

Did you ever get your information on the ABC islands?

Did you ever get your information on the ABC islands?

I'm still researching and plan to seek information from the ports boards and other resources. I left the Roll Call as it seemed like many of those on the Roll Call knew each other and/or were traveling together and it was more of a closed 'group' Roll Call. The discussions seemed to be mainly centered around this group and their plans. The Roll Call was just not a good fit for me.

Thanks for asking and have a wonderful cruise.

I'm still researching and plan to seek information from the ports boards and other resources. I left the Roll Call as it seemed like many of those on the Roll Call knew each other and/or were traveling together and it was more of a closed 'group' Roll Call. The discussions seemed to be mainly centered around this group and their plans. The Roll Call was just not a good fit for me.

Thanks for asking and have a wonderful cruise.

I feel exactly the same way, you said what I've been thinking. Would you like to contact me at myfuzzy 716 at aol dot com and we can discuss the cruise on our own. Would LOVE to hear from you

• 3 months later...

Thanks for sharing this with me on my thread about booking my first NCL cruise in a Breakaway Studio, Roy!

You've definitely helped give me an idea what to expect.

I'm not 100% sure that freestyle OR a megaship is for me, but given that the 7-night is less than a 3- or 4- night on Disney (my preferred line) or RCCL as I KNOW I don't want the Anthem and so any would involve airfare (I'm in NYC, so it's just a simple subway ride to the Breakaway), I figure this is as good a time as any to give it a try. At the very least I'm on a cruise over my Spring Break - and if I do find out that either freestyle or the megaship concept are not for me, no one can tell me that I have no right to criticize because I will have experienced it. :)

Fun fact: I used to go to Church of the Village before I changed back to the Episcopal Church (being raised a UMC PK, I've gone back and forth between the two by choice.)