AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

I chatted with an Amex rep online and he said they would add it to my account within 24 hours.

I just called and chatted with a rep online...and this is the statement I was given... "The offer cannot be added manually." "I would love to add the offer to your account, however it can not be added unless it is solicited by American Express TO the account holder. It is clearly mentioned in the terms of the offer that Unsolicited Card Members are not eligible for this offer."

So, no offer for those of us who never had it "solicted" to us to begin with.

Bummer!!!

I just called and chatted with a rep online...and this is the statement I was given... "The offer cannot be added manually." "I would love to add the offer to your account, however it can not be added unless it is solicited by American Express TO the account holder. It is clearly mentioned in the terms of the offer that Unsolicited Card Members are not eligible for this offer."

So, no offer for those of us who never had it "solicted" to us to begin with.

Bummer!!!

For all you know, the offer WAS available to you, but you didn't clip it in time and all indications are that it is "sold out" to new clips. What they said about being solicited isn't really true, in that no one that I am aware of got an email specifically for this offer. I get emails from AMEX all the time saying "Your new offers are available" but for the most part they just tell me to login and see what is there.

This is, sadly for you and others, a case of the early bird getting the worm.

I chatted with an Amex rep online and he said they would add it to my account within 24 hours.

If you can get them to do that great. I was told by the online rep that it was a promotion that came from Marketing. They were going to send a request to them but I've not heard or seen anything. Not an email nor did it show up on my list.

If you are successful please respond back and let us know. If nothing happens you could end up being like the rest of us who just missed the opportunity or were not included in the selected market for solicitation.

For all you know, the offer WAS available to you, but you didn't clip it in time and all indications are that it is "sold out" to new clips. What they said about being solicited isn't really true, in that no one that I am aware of got an email specifically for this offer. I get emails from AMEX all the time saying "Your new offers are available" but for the most part they just tell me to login and see what is there.

This is, sadly for you and others, a case of the early bird getting the worm.

The offer was NOT available to me, period. It never was available to me because I made sure to ask that in my conversations. As far as "solicited", you don't have to get an email to be "solicited". When the offer is put available to you (whether online or in your statement), that is your "Solicitation" and whether you choose to take advantage of it is up to you. You do not have to get a call, or email to be considered solicited.

I also have been confirmed by more than one rep, that there is no such "sold out" for the offers. They become available at various times and usually when there is an offer available to you, it is available for 30 days. I check my offers weekly and therefore I never had it to "miss" the worm so to speak.

Edited by MrsKC08

The offer was NOT available to me, period. It never was available to me because I made sure to ask that in my conversations. As far as "solicited", you don't have to get an email to be "solicited". When the offer is put available to you (whether online or in your statement), that is your "Solicitation" and whether you choose to take advantage of it is up to you. You do not have to get a call, or email to be considered solicited.

I also have been confirmed by more than one rep, that there is no such "sold out" for the offers. They become available at various times and usually when there is an offer available to you, it is available for 30 days. I check my offers weekly and therefore I never had it to "miss" the worm so to speak.

I don't care what the reps say, I know how they work. The offers DEFINITELY sell out when a certain number of people clip them, I've seen it on many other offers in the past (Staples, Amazon). What card(s) do you have? I know it was available on every one of my Blue family cards that I checked (and between myself and authorized users in my family, we have a dozen), but not non-Blue cards. I didn't bother to check my daughter's AU Blue cards because I had enough clips. When I checked her account the following Monday it was not available. That no one reported seeing it starting then that confirmed my suspicion that it was gone.

If you don't believe me, go to one of the deal boards (Slickdeals, Fatwallet) where they discuss AMEX Offers and you'll have many others confirming what I said.

Edited by MisterBill99

I don't care what the reps say, I know how they work. The offers DEFINITELY sell out when a certain number of people clip them, I've seen it on many other offers in the past (Staples, Amazon). What card(s) do you have? I know it was available on every one of my Blue family cards that I checked (and between myself and authorized users in my family, we have a dozen), but not non-Blue cards. I didn't bother to check my daughter's AU Blue cards because I had enough clips. When I checked her account the following Monday it was not available. That no one reported seeing it starting then that confirmed my suspicion that it was gone.

If you don't believe me, go to one of the deal boards (Slickdeals, Fatwallet) where they discuss AMEX Offers and you'll have many others confirming what I said.

If you see my post several up, I too have a Blue Card as does my husband. The point is, it was never offered to me and not something that can manually be added.

If you see my post several up, I too have a Blue Card as does my husband. The point is, it was never offered to me and not something that can manually be added.

This deal was posted on the 12th. I posted on the 16th that I thought the deal was dead. Your first post was on the 19th. If you checked the 12-15th and did not see it, then you are probably correct, it was not offered to you.

The bottom line is that these deals DO "sell out" and if you do not clip it by the time their maximum number of clips has been hit, it will no longer appear available to you, whether you had it available before or not. I don't care what CS says. There is too much anecdotal evidence from past offers posted on deal sites for it not to be the case.

And from what you posted, you never got an account created for your husband, so you weren't going to be able to add it to his card, anyway. Hopefully you've got that straightened out for future deals.

Sorry you didn't get the offer.

Edited by MisterBill99

Chill out. No reason to be all defensive on what you know or don't know about the process of the solicitation of offers. I can't stand the bickering that goes on here sometimes.

I am just curious if snackdaddy got the offer added as it has been more than 24 hrs. I am guessing no?

Edited by iluvcruzin

Chill out. No reason to be all defensive on what you know or don't know about the process of the solicitation of offers. I can't stand the bickering that goes on here sometimes.

I am just curious if snackdaddy got the offer added as it has been more than 24 hrs. I am guessing no?

Agree 100% There are some people that always have to be right, no matter what facts there are. LOL

I do wonder though if snackdaddy got the offer.

Edited by MrsKC08

Agree 100% There are some people that always have to be right, no matter what facts there are. LOL

You're right on that observation, and you should really work on that.

Anyway, this is my last post on this subject. Hopefully everyone who clipped it is able to make use of it, and if someone else is able to clip it going forward, I will silently admit that I was wrong.

I do apologize if I offended anyone, I was only trying to help from the perspective of someone who has done dozens (or more) of similar AMEX offers (although not quite as lucrative as this one).

Edited by MisterBill99

:-)

Thanks for posting this alert! I checked my card account, applied the offer and made payment on an upcoming cruise!

I already got the "thank you" email... hopefully my "purchase meets the offer terms"... otherwise, no harm, no foul!

:D

A~

$350 charge posted May 13th

$75. credit was posted May 14th

A~

• 3 weeks later...

So, I know that I said I wouldn't post here again but I finally made final payment on my upcoming cruise and used the offer and wanted to share some info which I hope will be useful. I split my final payment across multiple cards which had the offer, but the last payment was $186 so I was trying to figure out how to get up to $350 on that card. It turns out you can purchase on-board credit through Royal so I called 800-722-5443 and bought $175 worth (my TA had said it needed to be in $25 increments). I received the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email from AMEX even before I hung up with the RCCL agent. So.. if you have extra cards with the offer, buying yourself OBC is an option. It will be refundable if not used, since it's not promotional. The offer is valid thru 6/26.

PS the offer can be redeemed across multiple charges, before anyone asks how I got it without spending $350 in one transaction. It's in the fine print of the offer. Some AMEX Offers require single transactions, others like this allow multiple.

Edited by MisterBill99

So, I know that I said I wouldn't post here again but I finally made final payment on my upcoming cruise and used the offer and wanted to share some info which I hope will be useful. I split my final payment across multiple cards which had the offer, but the last payment was $186 so I was trying to figure out how to get up to $350 on that card. It turns out you can purchase on-board credit through Royal so I called 800-722-5443 and bought $175 worth (my TA had said it needed to be in $25 increments). I received the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email from AMEX even before I hung up with the RCCL agent. So.. if you have extra cards with the offer, buying yourself OBC is an option. It will be refundable if not used, since it's not promotional. The offer is valid thru 6/26.

PS the offer can be redeemed across multiple charges, before anyone asks how I got it without spending $350 in one transaction. It's in the fine print of the offer. Some AMEX Offers require single transactions, others like this allow multiple.

Thats much easier than what I did, I bought some expensive spa treatment for the last day of the cruise, which I figured I would cancel and get OBC, your way is much simpler.

Thats much easier than what I did, I bought some expensive spa treatment for the last day of the cruise, which I figured I would cancel and get OBC, your way is much simpler.

Yes, I had considered that, but I had seen people talking about buying OBC here in the past (generally to take advantage of good exchange rates) and so I looked into doing that. The challenge was figuring out how to do it, since there doesn't seem to be a way to do it online. My TA was supposed to take care of it, but when I didn't see a charge authorization I checked with her and she said that she had tried to submit it online but it must not have taken since she did not see it anymore. I found the phone number in a thread here and it worked fine. I will probably buy more before the offer expires to redeem it on other cards.

Edited by MisterBill99

So, new offers are out now. I checked and I don't have Royal but I do have a Princess one for spending $500 get $100 back...getting closer.

Didn't get Princess on any of my cards. And offers seem to come out individually at random times and not as a group.

Edited by MisterBill99

Yes, I had one for Princess and Holland America on my Blue card. Don't plan to cruise on either one of those any time soon but selected them anyway. You never know.

So, new offers are out now. I checked and I don't have Royal but I do have a Princess one for spending $500 get $100 back...getting closer.