AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

I am going to call RC and see if I can add $350 to my upcoming cruise in Feb-

The fine print says it can be used through travel agent or directly with RC--

Offer says good now through most of Oct---

If you haven't made your final payment yet, just make a $375 payment with the amex and you'll get the credit. worked for me back in april for my november cruise

Got the new offer today. It wasn't there last week and it certainly wasn't up when this thread was created. Found it on 3 of our amex card accounts. Going to save $225 was a nice little bonus this morning! Here is the fine print on this offer:

Royal Caribbean

Spend $350 or more, get $75 back

Expires 10/14/16

Terms

Offer is valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or via phone through Royal Caribbean or your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Excludes Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, Azamara Club Cruises and Pullmantur Cruises brands. Valid only on reservations for customers in US, including Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands. Valid only on US website. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/14/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCVY:0001

Got the new offer today. It wasn't there last week and it certainly wasn't up when this thread was created. Found it on 3 of our amex card accounts. Going to save $225 was a nice little bonus this morning! Here is the fine print on this offer:

Royal Caribbean

Do you have multiple card numbers on one account! Or actually three different accounts?

Edited by borg1of2

Do you have multiple card numbers on one account! Or actually three different accounts?

We have one personal account where I have an additional cardmember and I have a business card which is also linked to my personal amex account login.

However, that additional cardmember (spouse) has their own login to their own site although we pay the bill on my personal account login. Back in the day I could see all cards, but now I can only see my personal card and my business card (the 3rd card) although I can see the add'l cardmember's purchases. We've used 3 individual offers many times for various other services. I've read reports of of 9 year olds getting credit cards haha, now I'm thinking of getting my children an additional card. I wouldn't give it to them of course but it supposedly helps build up credit (and they keep on coming up with better amex offers).

If you use the Amex Platinum card and book a Jr Suite or better you can get a $300 OBC each cruise. If you cruise more than once a year it pays for itself.

Booking a lower category will get less of a credit. These credits are not combinable with other discounts so you need to see what works best in your situation. :)

Just a refresher:

All Amex cards get Offers, even Serve prepaid. And multiple cards on an account can get the same offer BUT log into them all at the same time as I've seen offers disappear if one card accepts it before another has logged in. If all are logged in, all can get the offer (if available).

Last time a deal like this came up I had my TA make a payment towards an existing booking (just enough to qualify for the offer).

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if you have bought from Royal on your Amex you probably won't get the offer. Other cards on the same account who haven't though might so check them all.

Sometimes you get get offers via Twitter that aren't available online, but not all offers have Twitter hashtags. To see current Twitter hashtags for Amex Offers browse: https://twitter.com/AmexOffers/with_replies - You'll see the replies Amex does to those who enroll for these offers using linked Twitter accounts.

Royal Caribbean

Expires 10/14/16

Terms

Offer is valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or via phone through Royal Caribbean or your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Excludes Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, Azamara Club Cruises and Pullmantur Cruises brands. Valid only on reservations for customers in US, including Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands. Valid only on US website. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/14/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCVY:0001

We have one personal account where I have an additional cardmember and I have a business card which is also linked to my personal amex account login.

However, that additional cardmember (spouse) has their own login to their own site although we pay the bill on my personal account login. Back in the day I could see all cards, but now I can only see my personal card and my business card (the 3rd card) although I can see the add'l cardmember's purchases. We've used 3 individual offers many times for various other services. I've read reports of of 9 year olds getting credit cards haha, now I'm thinking of getting my children an additional card. I wouldn't give it to them of course but it supposedly helps build up credit (and they keep on coming up with better amex offers).

Thanks for the headsup and got that offer added. Under terms of offer this was stated on the amex page:

" Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. "

So should be fine with getting a credit for each card. If amex only wanted you to have one credit only it would be per account instead.

Thanks for the headsup and got that offer added. Under terms of offer this was stated on the amex page:

" Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. "

So should be fine with getting a credit for each card. If amex only wanted you to have one credit only it would be per account instead.

There are some other offers that may assist you too, so always keep checking.

Spend $500 with Amex Travel and get $80 back is one of them.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed the previous one. Just in time for final payment. :)

I think you can use it for any payment to RCCL (one asked about prepaid grats). I've seen people do it for Princess cruises after final payment. I think Amex just checks the merchant was RCCL.

Thanks to all the CC'ers for this great information. I was able to get the $75 AX credit.......and additional OBC. Here's what the TA wrote:

"The [AX Privileges] program entitles you to $300 onboard credit for this sailing a bottle of champagne. With the promotions you booked on board and the AX program you now have a TOTAL of $800 onboard credit."

As noted, I booked onboard a Grand Suite for two sailing in Feb 2017.

I canceled a previously bought drink package for an upcoming cruise, repurchased it with the AMEX and immediatly got the email that says that the offer has been used and 75 credit would be applied to my account.

If you use the Amex Platinum card and book a Jr Suite or better you can get a $300 OBC each cruise. If you cruise more than once a year it pays for itself.

Booking a lower category will get less of a credit. These credits are not combinable with other discounts so you need to see what works best in your situation. :)

Dang. Wish I had of known this when I booked my JS in July. Oh well :(

Can it be combined? Because we got a few hundred in OBC from Royal also as some sort of special.

Love my Platinum Amex. If you travel at all, the card pays for itself many times over.

Just checked and sure enough the offer was on one of our three cards. It is after final payment but I added OBC and received immediate response from Amex that I indeed used this offer.That is the reason I love these boards.

Thank you for the heads up!

Just checked and sure enough the offer was on one of our three cards. It is after final payment but I added OBC and received immediate response from Amex that I indeed used this offer.That is the reason I love these boards.

Thank you for the heads up!

That's what I am going to do for my upcoming cruise that is past final payment date. Thanks for posting!!