Lobster Tails-How many have you ate?

kdziewik

I've eaten 2. Our Oasis cruise I only had 2 during formal night ....HOWEVER :D we did go to the specialty diner ( can't remember the name the Chinese?one) for a buffet style lunch one day just because they were having lobster tails and at that time I did make an oinker of my self. I must have had 3 plates of food and 2 of those were lobster! mmm I LOVE lobster.

Hi All,

This thread does seem to underpin the world's perception that Americans are gluttons.

Pete

Yes and no.... Some of the tails max out at 4 Oz.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I............can't.............I............just...............can't.............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I thoughted I were the only one. :)

Edited by KMagz

I............can't.............I............just...............can't.............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Retired English teacher if I remember correctly, right? :D

I have eaten one; my husband has eaten two, and my younger sister has eaten three. Isn't that exciting? *sigh* LOL Not really. ;)

Hi All,

This thread does seem to underpin the world's perception that Americans are gluttons.

Pete

I agree with your assertion. I find this thread odd but entertaining. Why would someone eat more than 2 in one sitting? Also, I've heard it reported that the 2nd dinner service runs out due to the 1st dinner service. Makes sense now we hear from a few that were honest here.

I usually eat just 1, but on one cruise I had 2. Felt guilty about asking for the second one. I am shocked at how many some people eat.:eek: It's not so much that they eat that many, but that they don't care if some people don't get any because they run out. For the people that eat so many, doesn't it bother you that you are taking away from others?

I am not looking to turn this thread into something other than what the OP was asking about. I just think that some of you should think about what your actions are doing to others. No need to reply here, but just to think about it.

Edited by ReneeFLL

I usually eat just 1, but on one cruise I had 2. Felt guilty about asking for the second one. I am shocked at how many some people eat.:eek: It's not so much that they eat that many, but that they don't care if some people don't get any because they run out. For the people that eat so many, doesn't it bother you that you are taking away from others?

I am not looking to turn this thread into something other than what the OP was asking about. I just think that some of you should think about what your actions are doing to others. No need to reply here, but just to think about it.

We always eat at the late seating, I have wondered if there would be any left when we get there...

Last year my stepson and his friend joined us on the cruise. They were so tired they slept through dinner :rolleyes: After we were done eating the waiter asked us if we wanted to take a care package to the boys (25 yrs old) We said sure, not knowing what we would end up with, we took the covered plates to them. They had 3 tails each (out of shell) some steak and some veggies... More than I would have expected!!

Ordered 1, 3 years ago on Allure. Thought I'd try it as everyone appears to rave about it. Well, tried it, left most of it and still can't understand the preoccupation many people have about it. :D

I have never eaten one, but I'm intending to try my first on the cruise. I don't eat any seafood except white fish because everything else smells so strong. I figure I can try it on the cruise without worrying that I won't like it because they seem to encourage branching out and trying new things.

The most I have ever eaten is three. Usually I just go 1 or 2. Someone posted a few years ago a picture of the 8 tails he ate at dinner. He was a young skinny, fit guy.

Now we get to hear everyone chime in about how the lobster tails on cruise ships are awful.

Count me in for "those lobster tails are gross!" Once you've eaten freshly killed lobster fresh out of the sea, it's really hard to enjoy a frozen tail mass cooked for thousands of people. I tried, but couldn't get past 2 bites. Gave it to my daughter, who ate 3 of them and thought they were delicious.

Edited by ColoradoGurl