Gem 5/21 sailing..NOT going to GSC

jaja

Just got an email....the Gem will NOT be stopping at GSC . $50 OBC.

Says...to "conduct maintenance to Norwegian Gem's azipod propulsion system"

Bummer:mad:

I just read that the people going on the 5/14 sailing got the same notice. I wonder what's going to happen on the 4/29 sailing. We are going to Canada. I've never been there and hope we don't miss any ports:confused:

Well, that explained the GEM leaving much later out of Nassau Wednesday night around midnight as she was still, per AIS data, at the pier around 4AM, UTC time.

Just lookup, she's doing fine this afternoon at about 20.5 knots somewhere between MD & NJ out of tracking range.

Fun Day at sea & more time at Nassau, sad faces for many. Look for tug boats to serve as harbor pilot as she arrive in NY & taking a little longer to dock at the berth. It's better to know about it now & scramble for plan B, not ideal or good for many. Maintenance & safety come first ...

Snapshot of AIS data earlier while docked at Nassau.

b6793372c9a7b0cbdc89a4e9a5c9ba92.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

I am also on the 5/21/16 Cruise. Just got an email that it has been cancelled. Don't think I will ever get there. This is 4th time scheduled to stop there that it has been cancelled . Here is the Email with new schedule:

Dear Valued Guests,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Gem for a wonderful cruise vacation. We have some important information for you

regarding the ship's itinerary.

In order to conduct maintenance to Norwegian Gem's Azipod propulsion system, the ship will proceed directly to Nassau after our call in Port Canaveral.

We will arrive in Nassau on Wednesday at 11 am and remain overnight, departing at 6 pm on Thursday once the maintenance is completed. We regret to

inform you that the ship will not be able to call on Great Stirrup Cay with the revised schedule. We apologize for this change and would like to thank you for

your patience and understanding.

Please review the revised itinerary information below

As a gesture of our appreciation, we will be providing each stateroom with a non-refundable $50 onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on

the ship excluding service charges.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and wish you an enjoyable and memorable cruise.

Sincerely,

Revised Arrive Depart

Sat New York City, New York 3:00 pm

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando-beaches-port Canaveral, Florida 7:00 am 8:00 pm

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 11:00 am overnight

Thu Nassau, Bahamas overnight 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon New York City, New York 8:00 am

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

Oh no. That really sucks.

I'm on the 6/4 sailing. I wonder if we'll get the same email. My husband is worried that if it's a mechanical issue that they'll cancel a cruise altogether to fix it. Is that something that is a possibility?

Probably just a typo there is no second Saturday on the list. It goes from Friday to Sunday.

I am sure it is a typo...BUT... just upsetting...another indication of NCL's lack of accurate communication:mad:

Edited by jaja

The Gem Sailing on May 14 will spend 2 full days and 2 nights in Nassau.

Yes, the emails that went out had typos

The first email out for the May 14 sailing said they were leaving NY at 3 AM on Saturday May 14. An hour or so later they sent another email correcting to 3pm.

What kills me is who cares what the $50 obc is used for. It's their fault the island is being missed so if a guest wants to use the $50 towards service charges, big deal, let them. Stuff like that just irks me.

Edited by Rileyz

Just got an email....the Gem will NOT be stopping at GSC . $50 OBC.

Says...to "conduct maintenance to Norwegian Gem's azipod propulsion system"

Bummer:mad:

That is the same exact reason they told us we had to skip the island on our April 30 cruise.

Harriet

What kills me is who cares what the $50 obc is used for. It's their fault the island is being missed so if a guest wants to use the $50 towards service charges, big deal, let them. Stuff like that just irks me.

That little twist of the knife at the end is the signature NCL "giving you the shiv" brand of customer service we've all come to expect.

Seems to me there is more to this than just "maintenance" of the azipod.

Really? I've never repaired or performed maintenance on one, so I'm unfamiliar with what all it entails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just read that the people going on the 5/14 sailing got the same notice. I wonder what's going to happen on the 4/29 sailing. We are going to Canada. I've never been there and hope we don't miss any ports:confused:

We're also on the May 29 sailing up to Canada. We have no specific port plans (toddler in tow), so itinerary changes won't bother us -- as long as the cruise is still on!

We're also on the May 29 sailing up to Canada. We have no specific port plans (toddler in tow), so itinerary changes won't bother us -- as long as the cruise is still on!

I was going to wait until I'm on the ship to book the excursions because I have the $75 credit for each port. I am also afraid they might just cancel a cruise. It seems like this should have been fixed by now.

I was going to wait until I'm on the ship to book the excursions because I have the $75 credit for each port. I am also afraid they might just cancel a cruise. It seems like this should have been fixed by now.

Psst.....don't even say that.....

Marion

Oh no. That really sucks.

I'm on the 6/4 sailing. I wonder if we'll get the same email. My husband is worried that if it's a mechanical issue that they'll cancel a cruise altogether to fix it. Is that something that is a possibility?

Yes....the possibility is always there, but don't even think that way!!

I know they will do everything in their power not to cancel

Marion

Yes....the possibility is always there, but don't even think that way!!

I know they will do everything in their power not to cancel

Marion

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that they get this fixed soon!