!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

And I guess here is something you did not know about Gambee, I am a horrible dancer, but I love to dance. And once I start dancing, I can’t seem to stop. I asked Susan if she wanted to dance, and danced we did!

Unfortunately, there no pics of us dancing, after all I had the camera with me :D

After some songs Su wanted a drink, I think so she left the dance floor. The I scoped some ladies to dance with, but unfortunately got shot down by them. Oh well, then I moved on to an older lady and we danced for a few other songs. By then some of the group had disappeared and I was out!

So I went back to the room.

Norwegian%20Escape%20Review%20day%202-544_zpspac030sz.jpg

I took notice of the time, I am usually at sleep by that time of most of my cruises.

Norwegian%20Escape%20Review%20day%202-545_zpsnekqvkpe.jpg

Mom was already sleeping.

What and Amazing time we had with great new friends!

End Day 2

We have never sailed NCL and after looking at the pool photos i am sure we will never sail NCL there pool lay out is horrible with chairs hugging each other with NO room to step out. Everyone seems squeezed and very uncomfortable. Gambee thanks for the great pictures that convinced us never to go NCL.

Don't necessary throw out trying an entire line based on pictures from one ship. While the setup on Escape is really not that great (and I think Breakaway and Getaway might be similar), the older ships might be more to your liking.

--Michael

I am cracking up at your talk about the Haven party. On the TA, my husband and I were invited to 2 Captain's receptions there. We have no idea why, as we are no one and we know nobody. We went to both of them The guys who were the pool monitors (in the yellow shirts by the main pool) during the day were the same guys who served us wine and hors-d'oeuvres in tuxedos that night. It was funny. My visit in there sealed the deal that I absolutely would never want to stay in there. (We also were given the strawberries, chocolates in our room, and even priority disembarkation and taken down a private elevator to leave the cruise. We have no idea why!)

I am also loving your pictures of Clarence "The Chocolate Cowboy". I sure hope he is still on board next week, although I think he might be due for vacation.

Edited by LrgPizza

We have never sailed NCL and after looking at the pool photos i am sure we will never sail NCL there pool lay out is horrible with chairs hugging each other with NO room to step out. Everyone seems squeezed and very uncomfortable. Gambee thanks for the great pictures that convinced us never to go NCL.
Only 3 of the NCL ships are set up like that. All the others are drastically different. You should check out deck plans and photos before making a weird blanket statement like that. The pool deck on Epic is amazing!

Hey Gambee - Are kids allowed in O’Sheehan’s.

The only 2 places on the ship that don't allow kids is Spice H2O during the day and The District Brewhouse.

O'Sheehan's has lots of games and things for kids and adults alike.

Edited by LrgPizza

The only 2 places on the ship that don't allow kids is Spice H2O during the day and The District Brewhouse.

O'Sheehan's has lots of games and things for kids and adults alike.

Perfect - thanks!!! Couldn't see making them wait out in the aisle while we had NCL's fabulous chicken wings :D

Hi Gambee

Thanks again for yet another great review When the cruise ends, would appreciate you asking your mom to post a brief review from her perspective Being her contemporary, want to know overall how this cruise compares to the others. Also thus far which she would recommend .

Loving your review and pics gambee! We still have just over 10 months, but I am already excited! I am also super glad we got a large balcony mini suite, as I know we won't be there early enough to get vibe, and I am looking forward to having a quiet lounger whenever I want one :) and we are very close to both "home" and the mojito bar...

Loving the review! I am going on Escape this summer as a solo and I am so excited. This is actually my first review of yours that I have read (I only seem to use CC when I am planning a trip). I'm close in age with you so it is good to see such an in depth review. Good luck in grad school. i just finished last week and boy was it exhausting!

Then Ty told me they were on the outside bar, and I went there. On the way out I did not see there was a glass door, and I slammed myself on it. Trust me I hit so hard, that I had a headache for the next hour. Not to mention the emarracment of everyone that saw me hit it!

Back out I met with the group and they were having a blast.

I think this is where he made a ..... (even though he claimed it was something else), LoL. OMG, we were having sucks a great time!

Norwegian%20Escape%20Review%20day%202-511_zpsmjliobab.jpg

Ty receiving his 20something drink of the day, LoL. Ok, I might be exaggerating just a bit.

Norwegian%20Escape%20Review%20day%202-512_zps57fsoefr.jpg

LOL! I was hungover pretty bad the next day.

We were on the Breakaway and the only way I would ever consider NCL again is in the Haven. You have no idea how much better the venue is. The ship in general is very, very crowded and lacks enough public space for even sunbathing. I vote for the Haven! Also if not get to the terminal and be the first one on line and book the Vibe for the week. Worth every penny!

Here is the menu with pictures.

Norwegian%20Escape%20Review%20day%202-173_zpsn2wfqbqm.jpg

I want to say that they have increased the prices since they first started sailing. But I don't have the evidence to confirm that. Either way, it was still fairly priced.

8 dollars for a spicy tuna roll seems super steep to me! :eek::eek:

A question about food republic : When ordering on the tablet is there an option to write in "special requests" such as "no cilantro please :)"? I'm a fairly picky eater and often need to ask for things to be left off. I've been to land restaurants that use the tablet method and they usually have this option but thought I'd still ask! ty!

I want to say that they have increased the prices since they first started sailing. But I don't have the evidence to confirm that. Either way, it was still fairly priced.

I'm only on page 16 so I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I compared your pics to ones that came out on the first couple sailings. The only price that's different is the Dragon Roll. It's $7 instead of $5. All other prices stayed the same.

Loving your review. I have a question in the last few weeks I've noticed in the reviews people talking about how loud music in different venues such as Manhattan Room and Spice H2O has been. How did you find it?