!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Loving your review so far! And your pictures are fantastic - they're always fantastic but these ones look almost like artist renderings... Sort of surreal!

I am guessing you're talking about the ones taken with the illustration mode. I really love those.

Continue to enjoy :)

I just found out I'll be spending a few days in Medellin in early July. It will be my first time in Colombia.

I reached out to Sean when I heard you would be on board. Not for him to try to change your opinion, but exactly what he ended up doing.... a plate of strawberries is a nice little extra. And it got you photos in the Haven too, so I'm glad to see that.

Sorry if that made you uncomfortable, it wasn't my intent either. I knew you would be impartial, even while enjoying some small VIP treatments.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen, we did enjoy the little treats that we were given. It was nice of you to reaching out to him :)

I knew ahead of time that I would not enjoy that Haven party, but I still wanted the Haven pictures so it worked out well for me. I was happy about that :)

Thanks for your great review. I was really nervous seeing so much negative, but seeing the positive in the form of great pictures has really made me excited for our cruise on the Escape. Thanks for taking time to do this.

Like you I was quite wary about the Escape, I came very close to cancelling the sailing. But it was all unnecessary worrying, we had such a great time aboard her. I hope you have a really nice cruise.

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee!

Your pictures are always awesome...but the slide and ropes course photos are AMAZING!!!!!

All day looked forward to coming home and catching up... :D

Thank you :), I thought the ones from the rope course came out quite nice as well :)

Gambee - I've totally enjoyed the review. I'll be on her in December and love the detail that you've shown thus far and I'm sure will continue to show. It gives me an idea of what to expect! Thank you for taking the time to do this detailed review!

Carrie

Thank you Carrie, I am known for the amount of details on my reviews. I am sure there is a lot more information that will be useful to you before the review is over.

Continue to enjoy :)

Hi Gambee, I love your review of the Escape. It was fun reliving my week back in November. I cruise with my 91 year old mother and I hope you have equally that much time with your mother and more as I do too. Isn't it the best?

I was bored waiting for your Escape updates, so I went back and read your Lady O review! As much as I appreciate it and what it has to offer, right now NCL is the right for me (of course the UBP has a lot to do with it).

I see you also went on the Bimini Superfast. I can't believe it is gone now. For a quick cruise fix down in South Florida, take the Bahamas Grand Celebration out of the Port of Palm Beach. I know a travel agent who can book it for $75 per person total that includes taxes, but you have to gamble. Although I have not booked that way with her, family members have.

Ellen

Hi Ellen, it sure is fun traveling with mom. I consider myself very lucky to able to this as many times as I have done it.

You know my mom is doing the Grand Celebration in July with a few other people. I won't be able to make it because of grad school, but I am sure I will get the scoop from her.

Thank you reading both of my reviews, I hope you continue to enjoy :)

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee!

Your pictures are always awesome...but the slide and ropes course photos are AMAZING!!!!!

All day looked forward to coming home and catching up... :D

I agree. This ship looks really beautiful but that sports deck has really captured my attention. I like relaxing on a cruise but I also need periods of physical activity. I always enjoyed the sports deck on the RCI ships but this is going to a whole new level!:):):)

I remember reading somewhere that they do have the option on the ipad, but I did not personally used it. Either way the server goes around checking on you every so often. You also have to keep in mind that not all the ingredients are listed there. So it might be hard telling if there are ingredients you dont like just from the picture.

We used the option to ask for some ingredients to be omitted. The server explained to us how to do it. My husband is a picky eater, so Food Republic was a challenge for him. With modifications, he was able to find a few things.

By the way, we went the first night of our cruise and it was pretty much empty. For anything you think you might want to do during the cruise, go early in the week. As Gambee mentioned, people decide to wait until the end and then lines can get long/no space is available.

Edited by brookie848

We all enjoy cruising for different reasons. I talked to a lot of people who had neither and were having an amazing cruise. I appreciated getting vibe, but if I didn't I am sure that I would had enjoyed the cruise as well :)

What time did you arrive to port to get Vibe passes?

Hmmmmm, my reviews usually have a lot of her opinion built into them. I would dare to say that they are more of a combined review than a Gambee review. Usually every morning when I wake up on the cruise I will ask her what she did what she liked and such.

Are you talking about which ship she liked best overall?

Yes- would love to know her "best of the best" and of course the bottom choice. We love cruising- while I am a Celebrity fan- Royal #2- am open to considering other options!

Thanks again for all of you wonderful information and pictures!! Counting the days to our next August 2016 cruise!!!

Yes- would love to know her "best of the best" and of course the bottom choice. We love cruising- while I am a Celebrity fan- Royal #2- am open to considering other options!

Thanks again for all of you wonderful information and pictures!! Counting the days to our next August 2016 cruise!!!

Ill ask here, I have a feeling she will say that Oasis/Allure still holds the lead.

If you recall correctly, I stayed a bit past my bed time the night before, and I was having a bit of trouble getting up that morning. The only reason I really got up was because the doors around us kept slamming.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-1_zpssebuljca.jpg

Mom told me that she went the After Midnight show, and the only thing that really stood out to her were the outfits. I asked her to rate the show and she said around a 6/10. I also asked other people and most of them had the same opinion. Some fell asleep, others walked out, no one that I spoke to said that they enjoyed it.

Mom offered to get me some breakfast, and who was I to decline such an offer. I ate and recovered a little.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-3_zpschrcjyps.jpg

Mom said that she was going for a walk, and asked if she could take my camera to take some pics. I think it was around 10:30.

Mom is a pro with my camera!

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-4_zps9inoxctk.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-5_zpsad2huju5.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-6_zpsc4hdwetw.jpg

As you can see the only way for parents to check on their kids is by sitting on that little ledge.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-7_zpsc8yph5jr.jpg

Ummmm, Ok, Mom.....?

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-9_zps50gvonnl.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-11_zps5hazhgfo.jpg

That is a great shot, and one that I would never have gotten. Mainly because I never went there.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-14_zps5g77p8oz.jpg

She said that they had closed the splash zone due to a number 2 accident. I think it took them around 2 hours to sanitize it.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-13_zpsupp8qwyf.jpg

By the time she got back, I was still in recovery mode. At one point I checked that our money from Bayamo had been refunded.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-16_zpssgsjlsne.jpg

I went to the balcony for a little while, and enjoyed the ocean breeze.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-20_zpsuklnjoab.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-19_zpstqcsolok.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-18_zps2iradt3l.jpg

I loved our room! We an excellent view from up there.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-21_zps2yojylcs.jpg

As much as I tried to kill my headache with water and resting, it was impossible. So I decided to take some meds to get rid of it. I really dislike doing this, mainly because I will most likely have an adverse effect on my stomach. But I had to that day.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-22_zpsttoqggcb.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-25_zpsfzpiqqss.jpg

I loved the Guy Harvey channel, he was tracking a Mako shark. And hey it does not hurt that my future university is his main research university, hence the NSU name on most everything :)

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-26_zps60dhpwwa.jpg

After some time had passed, I decided to get ready to go to lunch. Remember that the night before I changed to go to Haven? Well, let's say that those shoes should not be worn without socks. I opened up my pinky. If I was at home this would be an injury that I would ignore, but on a cruise it is different. I had to cover it well, and keep it sanitized at all times. Especially going into the water and what not.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-29_zpslyiextc6.jpg

We decided to go to Sabor for lunch. These are on the way there.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-30_zpsc6p2vpfp.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-31_zpsgngemhhq.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-32_zpsjwsv66hu.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-33_zpsaxnp0jwv.jpg

Service again was excellent, and the restaurant was not too full.

We both got a Pepsi. I really wish that NCL carried Coke products instead. But that Pepsi was just what my body needed.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-34_zps2dpxyepp.jpg

Mom ordered the Pho. Which was small, but excellent!

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-35_zpsaznc4wgy.jpg

And in my infinite wisdom I ordered the Nachos. My god they were loaded with cheese, just what you need when your stomach is not feeling 60% right…

They were good, but just heavy.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-36_zps7nrlwqj1.jpg

After I noticed how good my mom’s soup was, I decided to get one as well. And let me tell you something, it hit the spot. I think the ginger helped a lot.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-37_zpsb9jyp1uk.jpg

We both got the grouper sandwich. It was really good, but maybe just a bit too many condiments for my taste. The pretzel bun was so yummy!

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-38_zpsujvdpkdx.jpg

Overall the lunch was great!

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-39_zpsd79mza5g.jpg

They had these little cards that you can fill, and our server that day was really nice. She sure deserved one :)

I know, I know, my handwriting is horrible :D. What can you do:confused:

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-40_zpsrvdtp1le.jpg

After that we decided to go to Vibe to relax a little.

These are on the way there.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-42_zps7buknouz.jpg

They had reopened the splash area.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-43_zps0jmwwwja.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-53_zpsrjzzt6ah.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-54_zpsbj4i2ure.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-55_zpsqm5folcm.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-56_zps2uqknpqz.jpg

Vibe was slow that day. Not sure what it was, but maybe the weather was not the best. Or possibly everyone was hangover.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-57_zpstpawh80b.jpg

It was very windy! Notice that all the umbrellas were gone.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-58_zps358kvr2m.jpg

I got a mild frozen drink, I did not feel like messing up my stomach for the rest of the day. I think it was his specialty mango drink.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-59_zps1vouuovg.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-61_zpsumvxfwmj.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-62_zpswn9gn6ch.jpg

Later on Ro got me some snacks, fruits, iced towels and refreshed my drink. Keep in mind that I did not request any of it :)

Everything was in the bucket because of the wind.

norwegian%20escape%20day%203-63_zpsmfwewsx3.jpg

I just discovered your review, and I'll pile on with the accolades: ¡Bárbaro!

We are on Escape in two weeks, and I feel like I'm already there!

My cruise reading material will start with your other reviews.