CARNIVAL VISTA INAUGURAL - Sea Trek III: The Search For Pasta

DAY 1 - FOLLOW UP......

During the late afternoon in Trieste we ventured back down to the passenger terminal only to find it in a bit of disarray and from what I could see definitely not ready to receive guests for either debark operations or embarkation. Security was incredibly lax and we walked all around the terminal, inside and out looking for any positive signs that this was where our ship would arrive.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20054_zpsxgh9k1tr.png

We did see a large number of trucks in an adjacent lot that were filled with provisions for a cruise vessel but how long would they have to wait and for who?

We spoke to a couple of workers who confirmed that this was indeed the cruise terminal although by the look of things the place was a disaster and it would take an army of works and some divine intervention to get things in order.

DAY 2 - WAIT FOR IT......

We awoke refreshed from a full night of sleep hardy aware of the 6-hour time difference between Tampa Bay and Trieste Bay. After taking an ice-cold (bird bath) shower and enjoying the complimentary breakfast we head out again to explore the area and to check on the terminal area and low and behold we saw a cruise ship tied up at the pier however it was NOT our ship that had come in but rather the Costa Mediterranea - a Carnival Corporation sister ship.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20045_zpsyywsilv8.jpg

Costa Mediterranea would be in port embarking guests and departing later on that evening so we could only presume that the army of workers had arrived and got things in order.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20061_zpsxs3pfduw.jpg

We went back down and had some dinner at a nice place Called Navigando right across the street from the cruise terminal and kept an eye out for things to happen.

We had been receiving reports through the day that Carnival Vista was to arrive first at 4:00, then 5:00 and then 7:00 however as the time dragged on the Costa Mediterranea remained tied up until around 7:30 when she released and singled up all lines in preparation to get underway.

THE WAIT IS OVER......

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20064_zpshw2olx0w.jpg

Not long after the Costa Mediterranea headed out to sea something magnificent came into view just over the view watery vista and the seascape of the bay we saw her coming - YOUR CARNIVAL VISTA was finally here!

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20071_zpskv7b6b5h.jpg

It took her a good 30 minutes to make her approach and tie up to a crowd of several hundred anxious guests who would be boarding her the next day......us included!!!

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20077_zps00isfbnj.jpg

CIAO FOR NOW!!

Edited by Captain Carnival

VIDEO HELP PLEASE....

Hello All -

I have a number of videos that I can upload onto YouTube and then download here except the only trouble is has been that when I follow the CC instructions below all I get is a large black box and no video.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

cruise%20critic%20video_zpsvaoe29gj.jpg

Edited by Captain Carnival

EMBARKATION DAY!!!!

May 1st 2016: The day had come where all of the planning, preparation, and payments had all finally come together - it was Embarkation Day!

It was also the day that my Bride and I had said "I Do" some 33 years earlier and thus we continued our marital journey by sailing into our future together aboard YOUR Carnival Vista!

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20079_zpsuopesgzh.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20078_zps7uugte6c.jpg

But before that we had to get ourselves together and head on down to the port. We first enjoyed some breakfast at the Hotel Abbazia before checking out and grabbing a 5-minute taxi ride to the terminal.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20081_zpsbkj3dh2l.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20080_zpszwdzundt.jpg

If you recall I have previously noted that the terminal did not seem very well prepared to handle any kind of reception of nearly 4000 guests. Well the Carnival Embarkation Fairy had visited and managed to get things prepared and decorated with all things Carnival.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20082_zpsew7yhbfq.jpg

Once boarding commenced we were greeted at the gangway by Cruise Director Matt Mitcham and of course Team Vista before we were ushered up to our (balcony) stateroom cabin.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20097_zpslmvwlnjz.jpg

Along the way we stopped off at the Atrium Lobby to meet Brand Ambassador John (Heald) and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy who was onboard for a series of press events. Thanks to Jacinta for taking the picture!

More From Embarkation Day an YOUR Carnival Vista To Come!

CIAO FOR NOW.......

BACK TO THE FUN.....

Port%20Tampa%20Bay%20T3_zps4cpqxfpp.jpg

Although we both had a blast exploring the Mediterranean aboard YOUR Carnival Vista for the last 2+ weeks we are happy to say that we will both be returning to Port Tampa Bay: Terminal-3 and of course YOUR Carnival Paradise this morning to serve all of our incredible guests.

So will I see you here this morning or in the not-too-distant future?

I hope so!

More From YOUR Carnival Vista To Come Soon!

CIAO FOR NOW....

CRUISE T-SHIRTS

We usually make a T-shirt that commemorates "special" cruise events such as anniversaries, birthdays and such and this one was no exception.

The only problem was that Izmir, Turkey was scrapped a few weeks before we sailed for another FD@S until it was announced that we would call on Kotor, Montenegro just a few days before we sailed.

Oh well.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20125_zpsgxgwcmyu.png

Vista%20Shirt%20Large%20FRONT_zpso9mbz31n.jpgVista%20Shirt%20Large%20BACK_zps3ciljnfb.jpg

Do you make "Special" Cruise T-shirts?

CIAO FOR NOW....

SOME RANDOM / INITIAL STATEROOM CABIN PICS....

One of the special things that you can say about an Inaugural Voyage is the removal of all things related to "Goldilocks and the 3 Bears" such as who's been sleeping in my bed because absolutely NO ONE HAS!!!

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20093_zpshpte8c0t.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20083_zpssihw1my3.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20084_zpsgrgzm1sm.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20085_zpsaghflvzs.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20089_zpscwto28yt.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20090_zpsf98ahrk2.jpg

CIAO FOR NOW....

The door is interesting. Next to the murals gives the passageway a nice tropical feel. Interior layout looks typical. Décor is muted and relaxing, IMO. How was the reduced drawer and closet space? And was the new outlet system adequate?