No Alaska cruise for me this season....

CowPrincess

but we sold the house! So we are making plans to be gypsies for a couple of months, in a motorhome, by the end of the month. So, no cruise this summer but once we get settled into a new place, we will be doing a winter cruise :D See you all in 8 or 10 or 12 weeks! Enjoy Alaska, everyone who is going. I'll be with you in spirit :)

but we sold the house! So we are making plans to be gypsies for a couple of months, in a motorhome, by the end of the month. So, no cruise this summer but once we get settled into a new place, we will be doing a winter cruise :D See you all in 8 or 10 or 12 weeks! Enjoy Alaska, everyone who is going. I'll be with you in spirit :)

Congrats on selling your house and becoming a "Vagabond Princess" in your motorhome:) I hope you get your Alaska cruise next year. We'll be on Maasdam later this season, and we'll make sure to do a report, just for you:)

Glad it's a happy reason! (I saw your thread's title and thought there might be a medical or other difficult issue.)

We sold our house last year and spent many a night in our MotorHome during the transition. Enjoy!

Our last Alaska cruise was 30 years ago, but happy to say we're headed back finally, sailing with Middle-aged mom in August.

Thanks everyone! It all happened rather quickly, once it happened. :) We didn't even have it listed yet. And now we need to be out in 13 days. Not sure about living in a motorhome, but that is just temporary.

Enjoy Alaska MAM and Caribbean Chris. I'll look for your reports when I get back online.

Hadn't even signed the listing---wow. That was fast.

Sorry you will miss Alaska this year, but I'm sure it will still be there when you're ready to go back.

In the meantime, pack up, head out, and enjoy your new adventure. You'll be missed around here.

Well done! It sounds like your real estate market is as hot as it is here - everything sells in a day or less, and for over the asking price. Now you have so many plans to make so many opportunies available to you.:)

Wow! You are daring!:D We want to sell, too, and move into something smaller, but I'm terrified to sell without having somewhere to go to. And there's really not much available. Everything moves so fast, I spend most of the day checking MLS "just in case" - actually, I'd better go check it now.:eek:

You should just drive to Seattle and park the RV and jump on a ship. It can't be much more expensive (if any) than living out of a motorhome for a week.

Enjoy. We did exactly the same for seven months. Lots of land travel plus 4 cruises-three of them very last minute. We found it so liberating..and we still do!

Planned to return home, buy, and get our things out of storage. Three years on we are still happily renting...never did find an place to buy plus RE has been going down for the past 2 years where we live.

Good for you....enjoy.

Edited by iancal

You should just drive to Seattle and park the RV and jump on a ship. It can't be much more expensive (if any) than living out of a motorhome for a week.

We thought of doing that in 2017 when we plan to tour the Pacific NW in OUR MotorHome. The problem we encountered was That I could never locate any suitable RV parks in the Seattle area where we could leave it confidently for two weeks. Our solution - fly in for cruise this year, drive the RV next year.

It can be done in south Florida, but Seattle seems a bit different.

Congrats! Enjoy the motorhome and all the new adventures! Have a friend who did the same and planned on traveling around to find where they wanted to live. Turned out they liked it so much that after 3 years they are still in the motorhome with no other plans - except cruises of course!

• 2 months later...

I'm back online, briefly, and thought I'd update quickly.

I hate camping of any description, and while the motorhome is infinitely superior to a tent (ugh, ugh, ugh) it isn't something I can tolerate well, so there is no chance we will be gypsies in any ongoing manner :)

That, and family stuff, have cut short our wanderings. It has been a good time, getting to visit many friends all across western Canada but.... it is wearing thin.

It looks like we will be calling central Canada home for a while (see "family stuff" above). I'm of very mixed feelings about this. One, I'm not much for big cities, so that's a negative. (For me, "big" is anything over about 100,000 people.) But two, we will have direct flights to Fort Lauderdale, so that's a positive. Likely not cruising, but winter escape land vacations for a while.

So, thanks everyone, for all the help over the years. It has been much appreciated, and valuable!

I'm back online, briefly, and thought I'd update quickly.

I hate camping of any description, and while the motorhome is infinitely superior to a tent (ugh, ugh, ugh) it isn't something I can tolerate well, so there is no chance we will be gypsies in any ongoing manner :)

That, and family stuff, have cut short our wanderings. It has been a good time, getting to visit many friends all across western Canada but.... it is wearing thin.

It looks like we will be calling central Canada home for a while (see "family stuff" above). I'm of very mixed feelings about this. One, I'm not much for big cities, so that's a negative. (For me, "big" is anything over about 100,000 people.) But two, we will have direct flights to Fort Lauderdale, so that's a positive. Likely not cruising, but winter escape land vacations for a while.

So, thanks everyone, for all the help over the years. It has been much appreciated, and valuable!

All the best to you CP and I hope you enjoy Upper Canada :)

direct flights are always a plus :)

Sorry to see you go; you'll be missed. And you will always be welcome back if your life should shift direction again.

In the meantime, best wishes in your new life.