Busy bars?

leehal

We cruised on the Eclipse last year to Norway and loved the relaxed atmosphere on the ship, even though we are relatively young we prefer it quiet.

My sister in law and her partner have just come back from the recent Eclipse taster cruise and it was absolutely mobbed, 4 deep at the bar and people going totally over the top.

Is the latter a one off, or are the bars always busy and we hit lucky on our cruise last year?

Heading to the Med in September and we are hoping for quiet times. I understand the Med may attract a slightly different clientele to Norway so it may be a bit noisier.

I have only experienced this on Caribbean cruises at the Martini bar... apparently we, Americans, love to drink and love the shows bartenders put on while we do! :D

bon voyage

I would agree that a taster cruise is not representative. There is a big difference between a 5-7 night itinerary and a 14 nighter.

Even with 'free' drinks packages I would not expect the bars to be mobbed on Eclipse. From my experience of this ship (Fjords and Baltic) it is Cafe al Bacio that fills beyond capacity rather than the Martini Bar.

We disembarked Equinox 5/9, after being 24 days onboard (B2B).

Each cruise was very different. The Transatlantic was relatively quiet, compared to the following cruise.

The bars on the 4/29 were very busy.

Different demographics and nationalities. Different drinking habits.

We disembarked Equinox 5/9, after being 24 days onboard (B2B).

Each cruise was very different. The Transatlantic was relatively quiet, compared to the following cruise.

The bars on the 4/29 were very busy.

Different demographics and nationalities. Different drinking habits.

You can also add that drink packages aren't offered, as a perk on the transatlantics as it is on the following cruise. We just did a B2B, transatlantic and the following cruise, on the Silhouette, and saw the same thing.

We've done the Eclipse's Med Cruise the last two years - never saw any of the bars mobbed - but obviously didn't have eyes on all venues at all times. I do recall service was a bit slow in the sky bar late one evening when there was a party night in there. Other than that it was usually very easy to get a drink.

The nice thing about this cruise is that there's a decent mix of busy port days and relaxing sea days (6/14) which means there's plenty of time.

In my limited experience the bars on Celebrity are well used but not as busy as your experience and I have never seen anyone going over the top so to speak - a little merry perhaps but not much else (oh that would be me)

Got off Constellation in February from a 9 nighter. We were pretty much regulars at the Martini Bar. Never saw anyone over the top for what ever that means. Always got a seat at bar and really not 4 deep. Stopped at other bars and really never seen a mob.

People were friendly and bartenders worked their tails off. If you are ever on Constellation going to the Martini Bar and seeing the show Peter puts on is incredible.

Please tip the bartenders extra. If you feel they deserve it. They work very hard...

I have noticed that since the start of the free drinks packages that there are now less bar staff and drinks waiters - as confirmed to me on the Summit by one bar manager!

Not sure this is correct. Staff cutbacks were mosty done in 2013/14. Free drink packages are at least that old too. Simply put on shorter cruises there is a younger crowd and a bit more booze consumed. We on a holiday crusie to the Caribbean and even then little waiting for a drink. not an issue