Problem with pricing change on the website?

I booked the pricing I have for my cruise in February, and all of a sudden today the price it says I owe on the website is about $600 more than the confirmation email I have.

It looks like there is a discount called "Radio Res. Disc." That for some reason isn't showing online.

Has anybody else ever had them change your price on you without being notified?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked the pricing I have for my cruise in February, and all of a sudden today the price it says I owe on the website is about $600 more than the confirmation email I have.

It looks like there is a discount called "Radio Res. Disc." That for some reason isn't showing online.

This has happened to others before, though not as often as in the past. I'd suggest as was mentioned above, call whoever booked your cruise. Hopefully you have a written copy of your previous invoice.

This has happened to others before, though not as often as in the past. I'd suggest as was mentioned above, call whoever booked your cruise. Hopefully you have a written copy of your previous invoice.

Thank you, I do have the invoice in my email that I can show. It was showing the correct price online up until when I noticed it today.

I was worried that maybe there was a discount that would "expire" if the balance wasn't paid by a certain time or something oddball like that. Final payment isn't due until June 21st

Thank you, I do have the invoice in my email that I can show. It was showing the correct price online up until when I noticed it today.

I was worried that maybe there was a discount that would "expire" if the balance wasn't paid by a certain time or something oddball like that. Final payment isn't due until June 21st

OMG, don't give them any ideas!!!:eek:

Seriously, I've not heard of anything like expiring discounts ... yet. However, I will know who to blame if that comes to be.

OMG, don't give them any ideas!!!:eek:

Seriously, I've not heard of anything like expiring discounts ... yet. However, I will know who to blame if that comes to be.

Hahaha sorry! Sorry! Just my first thought.

Just an update...

Made a polite phone call to RCL, at first they tried to tell me that the price changed when I changed my sail date. I told them yes it did but not by $600, and I have the most recent booking confirmation in front of me for the correct price. Apparently my Florida resident discount got deleted by some "mistake". They corrected it once I pointed out the problem, but did not see it until they opened up the booking confirmation on their end.

Lesson learned to keep an eye on my account!! :)

Yes, happened to me a month or so ago after booking our last two cruises. Luckily I had saved my screenshot from my original booking and I also had my booking confirmation from RCI.

When I called Royal to question it, I was told it was "because I looked at the reservation". :confused: The customer service rep said going into the reservation to view it caused the price to change. He said to call RCI if I needed information and not to view it on "My Cruises"!! I've heard others say they've had the same problem and the same answer from RCI. !

Took about half an hour on the phone to get it straightened out. :mad:

Glad you got it straightened out

Edited by hancogran

It's strange but I had a problem with my balance after I went to my cruises and put in a request for bed arrangements in the cabin. A call and two people later and they fixed it for me. Website issues I guess. Good luck!

When I called Royal to question it, I was told it was "because I looked at the reservation". :confused: The customer service rep said going into the reservation to view it caused the price to change. He said to call RCI if I needed information and not to view it on "My Cruises"!!

"Because I looked at the reservation" what a joke! We're not that stupid lol [emoji6]

"Because I looked at the reservation" what a joke! We're not that stupid lol [emoji6]

It actually used to happen much more often, but has not been reported much lately.

At least they fixed the pricing mistake fairly quickly. A few weeks ago I had inquired about a price decrease of $86 and unknown to me, they changed my room at that time. I was never told my room would change or anything. Got my original room back after 45 minutes of holding. Room was a big deal since it's a family reunion cruise and I had a connecting room. However, I'm still waiting for them to readjust the price of my room. They raised it to the original booking price. I had a $350 price drop before the most recent $86 drop. It's been since Monday and still getting the same old run around..."there's no one in the office right now but a supervisor is watching it." Today at lunch I'll be calling once again...I think it's the 5th or 6th time.

I may threaten to cancel just to get the price readjusted quicker. I don't want any compensation, I just want my price back to what it was before it got screwed up.

If you're wondering why it took me a few weeks to notice the room change, there was a major family emergency that happened around that time and we're still dealing with it.

Had it happen to me on two separate occassions.

First time we took my MIL with us in a TS, so it required two reservations numbers since there were 5 of us. MIL was pax #5 on her own reservation. I logged into her account. Bam. It repriced her as if she was sailing solo in the TS. We're talking about quadrupling in price.

The other time wasn't as severe. Somehow my balcony discount had been removed, but no other change because there hadn't been any prevailing price changes.

I called C&A and it was fixed relatively promptly both times.

It happens to me a lot. Do you have any B of A awards on the booking? The agent told me that is what triggers the repricing when I went into those reservations.

I just want you to know how nice I am being to you as I figure you must be deep in post cruise depression at this point.

Yes we did on more than one occasion we had a zero balance and then a week later it said we owed. I called every time and it was handled by customer service very well. it seems that sometimes the insurance likes to change and it took a few times before the record was annotated to prevent this change. Call them and I am sure it will work out well.

It happens to me a lot. Do you have any B of A awards on the booking? The agent told me that is what triggers the repricing when I went into those reservations.

No B of A awards, for some reason the Florida resident discount got deleted. They must have a screwy system.

At least they fixed the pricing mistake fairly quickly. A few weeks ago I had inquired about a price decrease of $86 and unknown to me, they changed my room at that time. I was never told my room would change or anything. Got my original room back after 45 minutes of holding. Room was a big deal since it's a family reunion cruise and I had a connecting room. However, I'm still waiting for them to readjust the price of my room. They raised it to the original booking price. I had a $350 price drop before the most recent $86 drop. It's been since Monday and still getting the same old run around..."there's no one in the office right now but a supervisor is watching it." Today at lunch I'll be calling once again...I think it's the 5th or 6th time.

I may threaten to cancel just to get the price readjusted quicker. I don't want any compensation, I just want my price back to what it was before it got screwed up.

If you're wondering why it took me a few weeks to notice the room change, there was a major family emergency that happened around that time and we're still dealing with it.

I would be so frustrated! Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

No B of A awards, for some reason the Florida resident discount got deleted. They must have a screwy system.

Ever since they made major changes to their backend systems back in Oct 2013 (or was it 2014?), everything gets re-priced upwards whenever there is a change.

It actually used to happen much more often, but has not been reported much lately.

Ever since they made major changes to their backend systems back in Oct 2013 (or was it 2014?), everything gets re-priced upwards whenever there is a change.

I don't remember the year, either, but it really went downhill when they introduced their new booking system for TAs. Now I can only look at a booking - I don't dare change dining time, beds, add a middle name - all of those will delete the OBC for booking onboard. It's shameful.

And I really object to the way that reps sometimes put it back on the caller as if it's our fault instead of their system. Don't look at your booking online? Please.

Be sure to print the invoice out, so if you have a crash, you can still produce the invoice. Also, you'll need a hard copy to bring to the ship w/ you anyway. I've got each cruise in it's own folder. Like those folders we used in school for reports.

And I've also got the emails labeled in Gmail under Travel Reservations, and subcategories starting w/ year, month, day and itinerary. Anything for the cruise in the subcategory label: airlines, hotels, etc.

I don't think the discount will expire, but if it's a promotion, they tend to expire. They have a lot of procedures for price changes. If you find a new promotion, they will reprice it at the current rate, and you may lose all the extras that came with the last promotion.

For example, if you move from Emerald to Diamond, and you try to get them to add the new Diamond Balcony discount, you may get a higher price. Sure, you get the extra $25 discount, but if the cruise went from $1,500 to $2,000. That's not really worth it.

Probably only happens to those cruisers that book multiple cruises a year w/ the same cruise line, and they tend to book 18 months ahead.

Edited by knittinggirl