Manhattan Question

You are looking way early. What area do you want to stay in? Do you have AAA or are you seniors? Is a double bed acceptable?

Unfortunately I can't help you with tickets or the Easter Bonnet parade.

I know I am looking very early but sometimes you get the worm that way! LOL

We have AARP, double bed is not acceptable and as long as we can get to a subway, are pretty open to location. I am currently looking at renting an apartment through one of the many online sources for such since there will be at least three couples.

Hi Clay. If you find the official website of the show it will give you information how to sign up for email information. Also TKTS does sell previews but I wouldn't take a chance if you have your heart set on it. The Easter Bonnet parade really isn't a parade. Just folks walking around wearing their outfits. It's on Fifth Avenue near St Patrick's Cathedral/Rockefeller Center

Thanks for the advice, I am already on the mailing list for the official website so hopefully they will announce ticket sales there first.

I knew it wasn't a real parade and that's why I was wondering how crowded to expect it to be.

Thanks to you and everyone else for their thoughts and suggestions about TKTS and previews...hopefully it will all work out!

We love the discounts at TKTS we just came back saw 4 plays in 3 days seats were all good all at 50 percent off, would recommend any of these plays

American in Paris

Something rotten

School of Rock

On your feet

We also had a good deal on The Crucible, through Broadwaybox.com

And paid full price for some show about the guy on the $10. Worth every penny and then some.

Did you get them on the $10 lottery?

We're going up a couple of times this fall. I need to figure out on sale dates and see if there's any chance of getting in! People are actually subscribing to the 2017 Kennedy Center season to have first dibs at the 2018 season (not show, season) just for a ticket for that one show! And I don't expect Miranda to tour with it!

Thanks to you and everyone else for their thoughts and suggestions about TKTS and previews...hopefully it will all work out!

Clay, I hope you get to see Dolly with Bette, but that is going to be a tough ticket as you know. Good luck!

If you haven't seen it already (and with the caveat that I don't know if it will still be running in NY nearly a year from now), I wanted to strongly recommend "Fun Home." It just blew me away; absolutely one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Did you get them on the $10 lottery?

We're going up a couple of times this fall. I need to figure out on sale dates and see if there's any chance of getting in! People are actually subscribing to the 2017 Kennedy Center season to have first dibs at the 2018 season (not show, season) just for a ticket for that one show! And I don't expect Miranda to tour with it!

No. We bought them back in September when we decided we wanted to see it again. Was easy to get 'em then at face value.

No. We bought them back in September when we decided we wanted to see it again. Was easy to get 'em then at face value.

Since the thread has already been completely hijacked...

A few years back we walked up and got next day tickets for Spamalot, a week after it opened. Yeah, it was the very back row of the Mezzanine, but it was the funniest show I'd ever seen (until Book of Mormon, not on Broadway...).

Clay, I hope you get to see Dolly with Bette, but that is going to be a tough ticket as you know. Good luck! Thanks I am afraid we will need it!

If you haven't seen it already (and with the caveat that I don't know if it will still be running in NY nearly a year from now), I wanted to strongly recommend "Fun Home." It just blew me away; absolutely one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Thanks again, will put in on the list!

Since the thread has already been completely hijacked...

A few years back we walked up and got next day tickets for Spamalot, a week after it opened. Yeah, it was the very back row of the Mezzanine, but it was the funniest show I'd ever seen (until Book of Mormon, not on Broadway...).

To further hijack it, years ago...you will be able to tell by the shows, we were in line at TKTS (at the Trade Center where you could buy on Friday morning for all weekend) and had decided based on what was listed for sell to see a Rent (again) on Friday night, some Saturday matinee that I don't remember and an off-Broadway show I do remember but can't recall the name on Saturday night, just as we got to the counter, they hung the sign for the Sunday Matinee of Sunset Blvd (which was a relatively hot ticket at the time) so after checking to be sure we could see it and still make it to LGA for our flight home, we bought it. NEVER again, four shows in 2.5 days is too much even for this music theater lover! Taking our luggage to the theater is another story for another day.....:D

Thanks for everyone's advice.

4 shows in 2.5 days is child's play! We did 5 shows in 48 hours last year, when Audra was doing an 8PM Lady Day (1:45 length) and we could get to the 10PM Hedwig a few blocks away with a slight bit of jogging required. Plus 2 matinees and a "regular" night the other night.

4 shows in 2.5 days is child's play! We did 5 shows in 48 hours last year, when Audra was doing an 8PM Lady Day (1:45 length) and we could get to the 10PM Hedwig a few blocks away with a slight bit of jogging required. Plus 2 matinees and a "regular" night the other night.

Uncle!;)