Classic drinks package confusion

bogofman

Reading the recent posts concerning the standard package, there seems to be confusion being generated about what is allowed on the classic package

Can those returning from current cruises and have had the classic package comment on whether the tea and coffee in Cafe al bacio is still allowed on the classic drinks package.

Reading the recent posts concerning the standard package, there seems to be confusion being generated about what is allowed on the classic package

Can those returning from current cruises and have had the classic package comment on whether the tea and coffee in Cafe al bacio is still allowed on the classic drinks package.

We just got back from Silly cruise and were able to enjoy special coffee drinks on the classic package.

My DH was able to get O'Doul NA beer on the package. We really enjoyed being able to pick up 1 liter bottles of water at the bars to take to the room.

Enjoy.

We just got back from Silly cruise and were able to enjoy special coffee drinks on the classic package.

My DH was able to get O'Doul NA beer on the package. We really enjoyed being able to pick up 1 liter bottles of water at the bars to take to the room.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the tip about O'Douls. There has been mixed reports about whether it's including in the Classic package or if an upgrade to Premium is required.

Everything in Cafe al Bacio is included in the Classic Package. Their tea is wonderful and can do any of them as a refreshing iced drink. We've never felt a need to upgrade. DH always has found good selections of wine, just not as extensive as the Premium.

Just to be clear, there is a Classic and a Standard/ Select package, which is available to the UK market. That package is very limited compared to the Classic. If you have the Classic, you're OK.

Actually, not everything at Café al Bacio is included in the classic package as they do have premium coffee based beverages available in that location. However, your cappuccinos, mochas, lattes, café Americanos, teas (iced or hot), etc. are all included. You can also get a bottled water, beer, glass of wine or even port wine there if you are so inclined. Kind of a nice place in the evening to get dessert and an after dinner drink....very relaxing and you can hear the music from the centrum but it is not as loud.

I think this is another "classic" example of the lack of care Celebrity takes when compiling information on their website.

After a bit of digging, I found this on the Celebrity UK site. I can't imagine the package being any different for people in other countries.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/free-drinks/drinks-inclusions.html

Actually, not everything at Café al Bacio is included in the classic package as they do have premium coffee based beverages available in that location. However, your cappuccinos, mochas, lattes, café Americanos, teas (iced or hot), etc. are all included. You can also get a bottled water, beer, glass of wine or even port wine there if you are so inclined. Kind of a nice place in the evening to get dessert and an after dinner drink....very relaxing and you can hear the music from the centrum but it is not as loud.

Has this changed? We were able to get all the non alcoholic there as well as the coffees with alcohol last spring on the classic package.

I think this is another "classic" example of the lack of care Celebrity takes when compiling information on their website.

After a bit of digging, I found this on the Celebrity UK site. I can't imagine the package being any different for people in other countries.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/free-drinks/drinks-inclusions.html

s ch, thanks for the link. This is more extensive than the U.S. website, which is fine by me either way, as I think the link on the U.S. website provides enough information for me to make a decision either way.

Thank you again,

bon voyage

Has this changed? We were able to get all the non alcoholic there as well as the coffees with alcohol last spring on the classic package.

Not that I know of. There were people on my cruise last month that ordered a special coffee and I overheard the barista giving them a heads up as to that being on the premium package. He said, no problem, I have the premium package.

A couple of years ago, they had a menu that listed what was included on the classic package and which coffee drinks they had on the premium package.

I always just get a cappuccino or a glass of wine there so never checked for a menu ... but it did exist at one time.

On the Celebrity website I found this PDF listing the differences between Premium and Classic packages: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

According to that PDF premium coffees are included in both packages, although it doesn't specify when a coffee is considered to be 'premium'. I have to assume they mean "coffee with alcohol". The only difference between the two packages with regards to "Non-alcoholic beverages" seems to be that the Premium Package includes Vitamin Water and Red Bull. As far as coffees and teas go, they should cover the same.

One side note, though... In the past I was able to order both Amaretto and Grand Marnier on the Classic Package. Amaretto is needed for an Italian coffee, Grand Marnier is used in French coffee. However, according to the PDF again Grand Marnier is no longer covered by the Classic Package. This could mean that they also removed French Coffee from that package. But it can also mean they now make the French coffee with Cointreau :rolleyes: (which is still covered by the Classic package).

After 4 cruises with X, we've found everything on Cafe El Bacio's menu was covered by the classic package. Never seen a 'premium coffee based beverage' section. After all if the classic package includes a cocktail with two alcoholic inclusions and a couple of other flavours why should a shot of coffee with one shot of alcohol not be included?

At the airport having just left the Solstice. Everything at Cafe Al Bacio is covered by Classic drink package. There was a premium coffee section, but those were covered too. Drink price on most expensive items was just 7.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a distinction between "premium coffee" and "specialty coffee."

Premium coffee is just the fancy coffee per se--the cappucino or latte or similar.

Specialty coffee was the last couple of pages of the Cafe menu, which includes the frozen drinks and the drinks with alcohol.

This was explained to us about 18 months ago when one of our companions had the Classic NA package which includes premium, but not specialty, coffee.

I'm glad to see from the post above that both are included in the Classic alcohol package as of now, but I definitely see some differences in what was included last May vs. now--specifically, my husband was able to get Jameson on the Classic alcohol package last year and it's on the Premium now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are subtly chipping away at what is provided in the package that they offer as a perk.

Edited by schlimazel_traveler

I had Classic, not Classic Non Alcohol. Off course alcohol coffee drinks would not be included in a NA package. But the Classic Package , which was what OP asked about, includes everything on the menu. At least as of about 7:45 this morning.

Edited by SetU2

Premium coffee is just the fancy coffee per se--the cappucino or latte or similar.

Specialty coffee was the last couple of pages of the Cafe menu, which includes the frozen drinks and the drinks with alcohol.

Hmm, this might indeed be the case... I just found this flyer: http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.jpg

On this flyer it indeed says "Speciality Coffees" under the Premium Package. With the Classic Package it indeed says "Premium Coffees". I certainly would not like this change to the packages :mad:

Edited by Antropos

Hmm, this might indeed be the case... I just found this flyer: http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.jpg

Here, it indeed mentions "Speciality Coffees" under the Premium Package. This term is not used with the Classic Package. I certainly would not like this change to the packages :mad:

That flyer is old. Not only are the prices incorrect for the packages it also states grautity is 15%. Gratuity went up to 18% at least sometime last year if not longer.

That flyer is old. Not only are the prices incorrect for the packages it also states grautity is 15%. Gratuity went up to 18% at least sometime last year if not longer.

Ah ok, I didn't notice that - thank you. Back in November 2013 I got a French Coffee almost every night in Al Bacio after dinner using my Classic Package. But you're absolutely right; it turns out that this flyer dates back to July 2013... So, maybe the Speciality Coffees were ADDED to the Classic Package later that year? In the current documentation on the Celebrity website (whatever that is worth these days) the term "speciality coffee" is not used at all, with neither package.

I had Classic, not Classic Non Alcohol. Off course alcohol coffee drinks would not be included in a NA package. But the Classic Package , which was what OP asked about, includes everything on the menu. At least as of about 7:45 this morning.

Understood!

Naturally, the Classic NA didn't cover the Aspen coffee and the like, but it also didn't cover the Iglu or other non-alcoholic fancy frozen stuff. That's how we were informed about the distinction between "premium" (which ironically is covered by "Classic" package, even NA) and "specialty." If the documentation for the current Classic alcohol package says "premium," then that's the source of concern that it doesn't cover the whole menu.

I'm very glad to hear you were able to get everything on the menu under the Classic package!

This was explained to us about 18 months ago when one of our companions had the Classic NA package which includes premium, but not specialty, coffee.

I'm glad to see from the post above that both are included in the Classic alcohol package as of now, but I definitely see some differences in what was included last May vs. now--specifically, my husband was able to get Jameson on the Classic alcohol package last year and it's on the Premium now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are subtly chipping away at what is provided in the package that they offer as a perk.

My husband was able to get Southern Comfort on the classic package last year, it now seems to be only available on the premium package. So looks like he will be upgrading to premium on our cruise next month.

At the airport having just left the Solstice. Everything at Cafe Al Bacio is covered by Classic drink package. There was a premium coffee section, but those were covered too. Drink price on most expensive items was just 7.50.

I paid $8 something ...I'm thinking $8.75 for an Aspen Coffee two weeks ago on Connie

I paid $8 something ...I'm thinking $8.75 for an Aspen Coffee two weeks ago on Connie

Hmm, on Solstice that whole page with Aspen Coffee, Cafe Diablo etc was $7.50. Or at least I'm almost certain it was. But I did drink a lot of them and maybe the buzz hasn't wound down yet.

On the Celebrity website I found this PDF listing the differences between Premium and Classic packages: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

According to that PDF premium coffees are included in both packages, although it doesn't specify when a coffee is considered to be 'premium'. I have to assume they mean "coffee with alcohol". The only difference between the two packages with regards to "Non-alcoholic beverages" seems to be that the Premium Package includes Vitamin Water and Red Bull. As far as coffees and teas go, they should cover the same.

One side note, though... In the past I was able to order both Amaretto and Grand Marnier on the Classic Package. Amaretto is needed for an Italian coffee, Grand Marnier is used in French coffee. However, according to the PDF again Grand Marnier is no longer covered by the Classic Package. This could mean that they also removed French Coffee from that package. But it can also mean they now make the French coffee with Cointreau :rolleyes: (which is still covered by the Classic package).

This appears to be inaccurate too. We were recently on the Solstice with a friend that drinks Jameson. We thought it was premium but they said it was classic. We stopped at guest relations and picked up a bad copy of a list that we assumed would be current but that was different all together. I don't know why they can't have one correct list.

How about mudslides? Are they free with the classic package? Don't see them expressly listed as included with the classic package but certainly seems consistent with the kinds of drinks that are listed.

How about mudslides? Are they free with the classic package? Don't see them expressly listed as included with the classic package but certainly seems consistent with the kinds of drinks that are listed.

Enjoyed more mudslides than I should have on the Summit in Feb...all included in my classic package! Also enjoyed Aspen coffees, Baileys and Cointreau as well as varieties of white wine recommended by the sommelier in Select...never even had a thought to need to upgrade to Premium. Not a martini drinker though :D