Sushi Bar fleet wide?

villauk

We are generally happy at BLU, one time on Bistro at 5 ..ech.. and the specialty restaurants also not worth the extra fee, my only complaint is the TERRIBLE COFFEE all over the ship. The saving grace is an afternoon coffee break at Cafe al Bacio

So all these changes will be in effect for our next cruise December 11...

We will at that time see how it goes for the next cruise in February....maybe back to Royal Caribbean....

Edited by daka

That's too bad...two venues on some ships (-Bistro and Porch) devoted to fish. And both of them high priced.

dh is allergic to most fish and does not eat sushi, so we won't be going there..

Hoping Infinity is last to switch so we can do Bistro in Oct before the changes.,.They have really good "homemade" soups and we liked the mac and chesee, daily specials and the Cowboy,

Posting this before I read past post #20 so maybe this has been answered but Cruise Critic had a list of dates each ship is switching to sushi and for Infinity it said mid-July.

Darn....it'll be switched over on infinity when we sail...Losing our go to lunch spot,,, guess we'll hit the AQ spa cafe or outdoor burger bar...more often for lunch...

First time I'll be on a Celebrity ship. We have Aqua class cabin. Is AQ spa cafe something for Aqua class? Is it on all ships?

First time I'll be on a Celebrity ship. We have Aqua class cabin. Is AQ spa cafe something for Aqua class? Is it on all ships?

Its available for everyone. Blu is the only Aqua dedicated restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aqua Spa cafe is on all ships for all passengers. There is no extra charge except for the smoothies.

Posting this before I read past post #20 so maybe this has been answered but Cruise Critic had a list of dates each ship is switching to sushi and for Infinity it said mid-July.

This thread was started before X confirmed that sushi was going fleet wide, hence why I asked the question and started it. Celebrity first confirmed on here the rollout dates for all ships on post #40 (prior to it being officially posted by a host on CC ;)).

'Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Implementation will roll out across the fleet as follows (dates are subject to change):

Millennium 5/12/16; Silhouette 6/7/16; Solstice 7/1/16; Infinity 7/24/16; Equinox 8/6/16; Constellation 8/28/16; Eclipse 9/17/16; Summit 10/16/16.

All Sushi On five menu items will be priced individually as opposed to a cover charge.'

Edited by villauk

• 4 weeks later...

I can get Sushi whenever I want locally but the crepes in BO5 were unique. I won't be doing SO5 and am already looking at alternative cruise lines. Celebrity has gone downhill over the past few years and is now making everything an extra charge. By outstanding success I can only assume it was from the increased revenue generated by individuals who were willing to get ripped off. No thank you.

With Celebrity restaurants, frustratingly it is often one step forward and 2 steps back.

e.g. Bistro on 5 from $5 to $7 to $10 in a very short amount of time. Guess what? The usage dropped noticeably. Big Duh. Now, lets change it to a Sushi joint (eliminating perhaps 20-30% of the population who don't eat sushi, and better than that, let's make it easy to spend $20 pp on lunch).

e.g. Taking the most unique and satisfying restaurants on cruise ships (the Ocean Liner restaurants) and changing them to Olive Garden/Ryan's at Sea, Tuscan Grille. And find that, alas, they still can't fill the room unless they cut the price by half.

don't forget changing the popular Molecular Bar to World Class Bar.

Too sad, another downgrade on Celebrity Cruises. :(

Celebrity is removing more and more the premium components which made them unique compared to the other cruise lines, and are becoming more and more a mainstream cruise line, with too high costs onboard.

-They are removing the free Sushi from the OV. For sure, the So5 sushi might be better, but for me the highest quality does not matter, I really used to enjoy the free sushi at the buffet.

-The brunch is gone since two years, and no replacement has been added for that. Even Carnival stil offers brunch, and the CDC-restrictions and lacking "sneeze guards" are no reason to fully remove it - it could be easily changed into an A-la-Carte-event, couldn't it?

-Oysters Rockefeller are replaced by the far cheaper Scallops Rockefeller. Carnival still offers Oysters, Princess as well (even at the buffet!!), NCL offers scallops as main course.

-Even on cruises >10 days, lobster is only offered once.

-Port timings are getting shorter.

-Raising costs (cruise fares, gratuities, service charge and onboard-fares)

-Extra-charge venues become more mainstrream: no Ocean-Liners-restaurants anymore (replaced by a more maintream Steakhouse), Molecular Bar replaced by World Class Bar.

Too sad, I used to love Celebrity, and the M-Class-ships are too beautiful to fully abandon Celebrity - but in near future, I think we will choose other cruise lines.

I think RCI is a terrible mother company, since RCCL is king in nickle and diming, by reducing quality.

And when I read, the new Edge-Class ships will not have a main dining room as such, I see it will end in a "Dynamic-Dining"-clone, with maaany restaurants upon extra charge.

:( :( :(

Edited by shipfriend_max

don't forget changing the popular Molecular Bar to World Class Bar.

Now don't get me wrong I loved the molecular bar and am very disappointed it's gone, also I'm not a fan of the replacement, but the molecular bar was hardly a place I'd call popular, before it went all I read on here was it was always dead and a waste of space!

Too sad, another downgrade on Celebrity Cruises. :(

Celebrity is removing more and more the premium components which made them unique compared to the other cruise lines, and are becoming more and more a mainstream cruise line, with too high costs onboard.

-They are removing the free Sushi from the OV. For sure, the So5 sushi might be better, but for me the highest quality does not matter, I really used to enjoy the free sushi at the buffet.

-The brunch is gone since two years, and no replacement has been added for that. Even Carnival stil offers brunch, and the CDC-restrictions and lacking "sneeze guards" are no reason to fully remove it - it could be easily changed into an A-la-Carte-event, couldn't it?

-Oysters Rockefeller are replaced by the far cheaper Scallops Rockefeller. Carnival still offers Oysters, Princess as well (even at the buffet!!), NCL offers scallops as main course.

-Even on cruises >10 days, lobster is only offered once.

-Port timings are getting shorter.

-Raising costs (cruise fares, gratuities, service charge and onboard-fares)

-Extra-charge venues become more mainstrream: no Ocean-Liners-restaurants anymore (replaced by a more maintream Steakhouse), Molecular Bar replaced by World Class Bar.

Too sad, I used to love Celebrity, and the M-Class-ships are too beautiful to fully abandon Celebrity - but in near future, I think we will choose other cruise lines.

I think RCI is a terrible mother company, since RCCL is king in nickle and diming, by reducing quality.

And when I read, the new Edge-Class ships will not have a main dining room as such, I see it will end in a "Dynamic-Dining"-clone, with maaany restaurants upon extra charge.

:( :( :(

Surely you're not saying the free sushi or more importantly the brunch were premium events?! [emoji849]

You mentioned celebrity are removing premium components which made them unique and replacing them with mainstream stuff? Last time I was onboard the SO5 restaurant was a much higher class offering vs the old free sushi event, and as for the brunch... I've never experienced such rude & horrible adult people in my life at a eating venue... I mean they are not going to runout of shrimp and their really is no need to fill your plate so high you can try to beat the world record for the highest pile of food at anyone time![emoji849]

As for increases in cost, isn't that a normal way of life? From what I remember bread cost a lot more than it did 10 years ago and I still by bread... And really enjoy it just as much! [emoji23]

Surely you're not saying the free sushi or more importantly the brunch were premium events?! [emoji849]

You mentioned celebrity are removing premium components which made them unique and replacing them with mainstream stuff? Last time I was onboard the SO5 restaurant was a much higher class offering vs the old free sushi event, and as for the brunch... I've never experienced such rude & horrible adult people in my life at a eating venue... I mean they are not going to runout of shrimp and their really is no need to fill your plate so high you can try to beat the world record for the highest pile of food at anyone time![emoji849]

As for increases in cost, isn't that a normal way of life? From what I remember bread cost a lot more than it did 10 years ago and I still by bread... And really enjoy it just as much! [emoji23]

Not saying it was a premium event, but I did used to like the brunch :(. It was something different to look forward to during the cruise, same for the midnight buffets. You get the pile it high pax, even at breakfast in the Oceanview! I'm sure some think they have to put everything on one plate as getting up again is too much trouble :rolleyes:.