Wrigley80's Carnival Vista Inaugural Cruise 5/1/16 photo review

wrigley80

So, I'm not calling you out (I swear) but I'm curious how you got on the Havana pool area or was it after 5? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was after 5:00 pm. We went back there to watch us sail-away from Trieste.

If you are in a Havana Cabin you will have a wristband to wear. But after 5:00 pm it's open for everyone

Yay! You're back! Is it bad that I've been checking all day?!

Nah you're good...I won't tell anyone. I've been having major issues with my photos uploading so it's process each night with uploading photos

Nah you're good...I won't tell anyone. I've been having major issues with my photos uploading so it's process each night with uploading photos

I am loving your review so far as always! I did vacation a lot in Europe many moons ago for me, and miss it very much. These Vista reviews, and yours too, are bring back some memories. I did spend a day in Trieste way back in the 70's, and a day in Venice. I know that I am dating myself. Would love to do a med cruise, but it is not in cards for me any more.

As for the uploading issues; I hope yours are not like mine were last year, after my Victory cruise. I attempted to do a review on here for the first time, and even though I knew how to post photos on here, I struggled and struggled with the uploading, only to find out my laptop was out of memory, or close to it. Hope that is not your issue, and you being of the younger generation will of course be on top of all those issues LOL.

I got a new machine, but by that time, it was months after my cruise, and I never did finish my review.

So...hope you get it worked out, and just saying I look forward to the rest of your review. Congrats also on the new job, and living in FLA.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Thanks for taking us along another amazing vacation Brianna. I also live in Davenport , We live in the 4 corners area. I worked for Disney for 15 years,and now retired. And cruising as much as possible. Gary:)

Yeah I know where that is. We're farther south down by Champions Gate.

Don't we all try to cruise as much as possible [emoji6]

So can anyone tell me what the Havana Cabana is?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's a category of rooms mostly on deck 5. The cabanas have a patio rather than a balcony. If you look in the Vista sticky thread and search there are lots of pictures. This is a new thing for Carnival. Also a pool area that is exclusive until 5. Here is one photo

7d65fce257dd6f2430ebfb0f723ae4c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by steph7021

Loving the review so far Brianna... So glad you had a great trip, and that you are doing great with the move to FL! Will continue to read along and wait patiently!!

Thank you Craig. Florida has been great so far...it's been a great change of scenery

Brianna does a great job and has a knack of making the reviews a nice combination of the port and the ship and not filling it to the brim with a bunch of petty personal complaints. I've opted out of reading reviews because of that. So annoying. Keep it comin' girl!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. What's the point in complaining?? You're on a cruise...enjoy it. There was a lot of complaining going on during the inaugural cruise on the Vista.

I understand what some of the complaining was about but who cares. Enjoy your cruise...you can complain when ya get home and have to go back to work

Your photos are fabulous. Looks like an amazing trip!

Was this your first trip abroad?

My dream is a trip like yours. I can't wait to read about your adventure and the language barrier.

Where did you do your research on the train travel?

Yea this was my first trip to Europe. The language barrier was an issue in only a couple ports. We both had the Google Translator app on our phones...which really helped.

We went directly to the Italia Rail website for our train tickets. The rail system in Europe is very complex and is depended on daily by thousands of people

Apparently someone is having too good of a time with her best friend and the rest of this review is delayed. So here I sit on my couch, little dog sleeping to my left, watching a rerun of America's Got Talent. Its okay though Brianna, have a good time, you know we will all keep checking for the next installment. :D:D:D:D

Apparently someone is having too good of a time with her best friend and the rest of this review is delayed. So here I sit on my couch, little dog sleeping to my left, watching a rerun of America's Got Talent. Its okay though Brianna, have a good time, you know we will all keep checking for the next installment. :D:D:D:D

lol! :D

Brianna, welcome back from your cruise and welcome to Florida!!

I'm going to email you with some suggestions for things to see and do in your new neighborhood. I just moved back to south Florida after 8 years in Haines City or we would have been neighbors.

As usual, you have started another great review, looking forward to reading it.

Rose

Dw and I are booked for the Magic would you switch for the Vista or keep it the same

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's a tough one for me to answer because I have never cruised on the Magic (I am booked for January 13, 2018). The Magic just received all the 2.0 upgrades plus the new BBQ place. I would stick with the Magic and check it out

Hahahaha...now that's funny. And yes I am having a great time with my bestie while he is in town. And my mom and aunt fly in tonight so there will be more fun coming.

I am headed back to work in a little bit...I will try to sneak in a little more review for ya

Brianna, welcome back from your cruise and welcome to Florida!!

I'm going to email you with some suggestions for things to see and do in your new neighborhood. I just moved back to south Florida after 8 years in Haines City or we would have been neighbors.

As usual, you have started another great review, looking forward to reading it.

Rose

Yes please do. Do you know of any local (not chains) sports bars in the Davenport/Haines City area??