Diamond and Drinks

guess I wasn't clear on our status..we are diamond and in a suite..so I hope our 18yo can get a frozen virgin drink with his 3 drink perk..the end

Even I can not get a frozen virgin drink. MM posted the drink menu above. That is what will be available in the Lounges as well as at the bars during cocktail hour.

Just an FYI, but my husband is diabetic and can not drink. He has trouble getting a bottle of water using his vouchers.

Edited by cruisenfever

Diamonds get unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge during the evening cocktail period. In addition, they get 3 vouchers per evening to use at any bar.

Can you only get a drink at a stand alone bar? Or, can you order a glass of wine in the MDR with dinner as one of the three on your card? If not, which I'm guessing is the case, can you bring a glass of wine from a nearby bar into the MDR?

Thank you.

For the 3 drinks can I get Sangria? or Vodka and Cranberry juice? We couldn't figure it out on the Navigator and there were too many in line in Diamond lounge so... We just got sodas!

Do they have Sangria anywhere on board? We'll be on the Explorer next week in Alaska.

Can you only get a drink at a stand alone bar? Or, can you order a glass of wine in the MDR with dinner as one of the three on your card? If not, which I'm guessing is the case, can you bring a glass of wine from a nearby bar into the MDR?

Thank you.

The latter. The vouchers are not valid in a restaurant, but no one cares if you obtain a glass of wine in a bar and carry it in with you. And return to the bar for refills. :D

For the 3 drinks can I get Sangria? or Vodka and Cranberry juice? We couldn't figure it out on the Navigator and there were too many in line in Diamond lounge so... We just got sodas!

Do they have Sangria anywhere on board? We'll be on the Explorer next week in Alaska.

Vodka & cranberry = easy peasy

Sangria = no

Even I can not get a frozen virgin drink. MM posted the drink menu above. That is what will be available in the Lounges as well as at the bars during cocktail hour.

Just an FYI, but my husband is diabetic and can not drink. He has trouble getting a bottle of water using his vouchers.

Patti, I've been able to get a Pelligrino fairly reliably with the vouchers.

guess I wasn't clear on our status..we are diamond and in a suite..so I hope our 18yo can get a frozen virgin drink with his 3 drink perk..the end

Well, I know Bob was quite clear when he said NO frozen drinks, virgin or otherwise, with the drink coupons. And that's even assuming that minors are given any free drinks.

With all due respect to Patti who contributes much to these boards I have to say I disagree as it seems ridiculous to tell a grown adult they shouldn't ask a question because someone else has already asked it and had it answered. I would hope a reasonable adult can make that decision for themselves.

I'll have to bring him a case in October.:)

A little over kill!!:D

With all due respect to Patti who contributes much to these boards I have to say I disagree as it seems ridiculous to tell a grown adult they shouldn't ask a question because someone else has already asked it and had it answered. I would hope a reasonable adult can make that decision for themselves.

And the decision should be to that grown adult to heed what has been posted here by experienced cruisers. They are not the first to ask a question like this and they won't be the last.

We've seen it too many times in the lounge, where someone comes in, and puts the Concierge in a very delicate situation because they want the rules bent just for them. We've also seen it at various bars during happy hour where someone wants a bartender/bar server to bend the rules.

Edited by cruisenfever

Big difference between asking a question and demanding that the rules be bent for you.

Given that about 50% of the time RCI employees don't even know what RCI's rule are asking a question frequently gets you what you want even if you do or don't know that it is against the rules.

Totally agree that demanding and pitching a fit over not getting something that you suspect is against the rules is obnoxious behavior but simply asking a question that you suspect you know the answer to but might hear a different answer that you like is not a problem for me.

our 18yo will be with us...not old enough for alcohol drinks...can he use his 3 drinks for frozen virgin ones in the SL and at bars outside?

It can depend on where you are cruising, I presume in the US?

If sailing from the UK/Europe where the legal limit is 18 you can sign a waiver which allows your 18 -20 yr olds to purchase alcohol on board.

I believe only a parent can sign the waiver, we did a cruise a few back and met a young couple sailing, he was 21 and she was 19 - she was not allowed to drink as had no parent to sign her waiver :rolleyes:

Just to add to what others have said and to make it clear. The 3 free drinks you get at bars in the evening are not any and every thing.

The bars will have a small menu card showing you whats available. Some bar men at bars are a little more flexible than others.

For example on a recent cruise at the Boleros bar I ordered a Miller light and the bar man charged me for it. I said "it's 5 o'clock i want to use my free drink" He said "Miller light is not included but Bud light is:rolleyes:".

Then at the pool bar, The guys there gave me miller light with no problem on another day.

Let me say, the 3 drink at different bars is a great perk. Having just come off the Jewel transatlantic, the only problem with the program is the inconsistency you have rightly pointed out. It appeared that no bartender was following the same standard to the point of almost making up their own rules. I'm a martini drinker and had various responses from different bartenders even in the same lounge. One would say martinis not included, another said he would make it but charged for 2 drinks and another said no problem. I finally selected 2 bartenders who got to know me and fixed a great martini or manhattan each night. Of course, I tipped them after each drink which, I'm sure, helped.

Having just got off indie .... I can confirm that you do get 3 x drink vouchers for every person over 18 if your a Diamond and above member . The vouchers can be used to obtain drinks only on the Diamond drink list which was posted on this thread earlier as a photo! Each bar are very strict and will not do anything different to what is on the list .... Also you can't use the vouchers in the dining room / theatre and champagne bars

It was our first cruise as a Diamond member and all I can say is how uncomfortable other guests made us feel when we went to the Conceige lounge or even the Diamond lounge which had been extending into the Viking bar as there were so many diamond and above members on board . We were constantly having to fend off unwanted twittering and whispering by people who we were either stood by or sat by as they were questioning why we were allowed in ... The down side to that is we didn't went to stay and take our full benefit of free drinks between 5pm and 8.30pm and that we only had 3 vouchers each to use at other bars which were gone within an hour ...!

Edited by JohnnyRocketsUK

Johnny, so sorry you had to put up with those 'twits'. Next time, raise your voice and commend RCI for obviously allowing 'off duty employees' to share 'your lounge' with them. This should shut their pie holes long enough to enjoy your drinks!

It was our first cruise as a Diamond member and all I can say is how uncomfortable other guests made us feel when we went to the Conceige lounge or even the Diamond lounge which had been extending into the Viking bar as there were so many diamond and above members on board . We were constantly having to fend off unwanted twittering and whispering by people who we were either stood by or sat by as they were questioning why we were allowed in ... The down side to that is we didn't went to stay and take our full benefit of free drinks between 5pm and 8.30pm and that we only had 3 vouchers each to use at other bars which were gone within an hour ...!

Sorry you had to deal with so many status-conscience jerks. I think people like that should have their own private lounge, on a life raft that conveniently gets detached from the ship. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be diamond members for our next cruise in December. Could someone please tell me if in the diamond lounge its all the drinks you can drink or is it use your 3 vouchers? Just a little confused on how this works. Thank you.

We'll be diamond members for our next cruise in December. Could someone please tell me if in the diamond lounge its all the drinks you can drink or is it use your 3 vouchers? Just a little confused on how this works. Thank you.

In the DL it is " all the drinks you can drink" and in addition there are 3 drinks a day ( during the hours of the DL) on your card if you don't want to go into the lounge. Useful if you are still by the pool at 5:00pm!

We have a few in the lounge and then stop by a bar around 8:15 to get a glass of wine (or 2) to take into dinner.

cbb303a30d3b186ccbd882b4d2839c0b.jpg

This is the drinks menu. No champers listed but it is included.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

so for our 18 yo..I guess that just means plain soda's...unless the bar tender wants to be nice :)

We were on Oasis in Jan, our first Diamond cruise, and our girls ages 18 and 19 did have vouchers on their cards and were able to get frozen virgin drinks. At least at the Trellis bar.